A few races and food, some theme parks and food, and a cruise...

Hello hello!

Don't tell me you're old enough to indulge in the wine part of F&W, please? OK fine you can tell me. I'd just gotten used to the idea of you being in college.

On the other hand, you're a bit young for bum knees! Take care of those, they're important. :)

I will be turning 21 in just about 2 months, so I absolutely will be able to try all of the wines and beers around the festival. I'm excited! :thumbsup2 (well, maybe not all of them...)

I'm going to be a senior this year! One more year and then I'm out in the real world. :eek:

I did an 8 mile run a few days ago without any pain. I think it was my shoes. I bought new shoes a few weeks ago and haven't had any aches since then, but my old shoes had many many miles on them...probably too many.

I will be turning 21 in just about 2 months, so I absolutely will be able to try all of the wines and beers around the festival. I'm excited! :thumbsup2 (well, maybe not all of them...)

I'm going to be a senior this year! One more year and then I'm out in the real world. :eek:

I did an 8 mile run a few days ago without any pain. I think it was my shoes. I bought new shoes a few weeks ago and haven't had any aches since then, but my old shoes had many many miles on them...probably too many.

Wow. Time just keeps on going on, eh? :)

Shoes are so important. Road Runner Sports keeps trying to convince me to put orthotics into their expensive shoes, but I'm not quite sold on it yet. But almost as soon as I had 100 miles on each of my expensive shoes, they started feeling different on my feet. The RRS people say the orthotics break down much slower than the shoes. (why not make the shoes out of orthotics material, I wonder?)

Thank you! Made Robert cry.

Wow. Time just keeps on going on, eh? :)

Shoes are so important. Road Runner Sports keeps trying to convince me to put orthotics into their expensive shoes, but I'm not quite sold on it yet. But almost as soon as I had 100 miles on each of my expensive shoes, they started feeling different on my feet. The RRS people say the orthotics break down much slower than the shoes. (why not make the shoes out of orthotics material, I wonder?)

Thank you! Made Robert cry.

You're welcome. I never wanted to make Robert cry. It's probably a good thing Robert hasn't read my blog.

I KNOW Heroes I lived in NY and worked as a dispatcher during 9/11 and flight 800 you tell that young man he definitely qualifies God Bless Him

Ruthie

Thank you Ruthie. That is high praise. I will pass it on to him.

It's OK Michele. He's a sensitive guy. :) There was also some discussion about how lucky Loren is to have parents that believe him. At one point Robert's room was off the garage, and if he had ever been up that late and had tried to warn his family of a fire, everyone probably would have perished as his parents argued with him about if he was lying or not, and what he was doing up so late and how he's in big trouble etc. His parents just didn't trust him. And are/were so stubborn they would put themselves into danger rather than listen to him the first time. As lucky as you are to have Loren, Loren's lucky to have the family he has. (even Dh's brother would have argued with him, and maybe his sister, depending how how old she was at the hypothetical time...if she was still in the worship-the-older-brother phase or in the grown-teenager-icky-brother phase)

blather blather blather, talk talk talk...

It's HOT. Yeah yeah, others have it hotter. But it's still hot! I bought a bunch of clothes yesterday and am currently wearing a sundress that's not as cool and breezy as I was hoping it would be. Then again I'm just sitting in the living room, not standing in front of a fan, so maybe my expectations are off. :)

I'm still waiting out this foot thing until I feel OK running again; the shoe store person we saw yesterday (they sent me a $20 giftcard out of the blue! I had to get a pouch/belt thing to hold all my electrolyte replacements, and while we were there we realized the kid's feet had grown again) thinks that the weight loss has caused a change in my gait, and my tendons/ligaments/muscles/bones are just getting used to it. There's weirdness in my heel bone (calcaneous) and how it relates to the other bones around it (talus, especially). My chiro is good at non-spine manipulations as well as spinal adjustments, so he's helping out during the process. So annoying to not run and to have weird pain. Interesting, but annoying. It's not often that grownups get to sort of re-grow, so it's also intriguing to deal with the progress.

I'd been seeking out all sorts of advice, and it suddenly struck me as silly. I'm highly intuitive about other peoples' health and what they need and who they should see, and I had a conversation with myself about why I don't turn that on myself. Answer was...health "care" "professionals" blasted my confidence to smithereens 9+ years ago. But if I continue to feel like I don't know my own body (and I totally did back then but no one was listening...if I'd followed my intuition it would have been vastly different, because the things that ran through my head then were EXACTLY a solution to the problems I later figured out were happening), then they continue to hold power over me.

So forget that, that's DONE, and I'm listening to myself. Seek help when I feel I need it; follow my own advice when I feel that's warranted. I feel this foot thing is a process towards a better leg/foot joint situation, so I'll treat it as such. And I've also noticed that the alignment of my leg is different; it was all off for YEARS before this. I'd notice it when doing ab exercises, or Pilates, and I noticed it looked better the other night while doing yoga.

And the yoga is new. A few weeks back at our WW meeting, they had an open house all about activity. A local yoga studio did a presentation, and Robert's been chomping at the bit to go. So we went, all three of us, the other night to a 90 minute long HOT yoga class. :beach::crazy2:

They keep the room at 115. Aughhhh. E made it 65 minutes before he had to leave the room; Robert made it 75. I muscled my way through the whole class. Lucky guys; if you leave before it's done they give you an electrolyte replacement drink (maybe just for the first time). If you do the whole class you can choose to buy it. So they felt WAY better than I did b/c I didn't choose to buy it.

During the class I noticed how strong my feet felt after, and how the yoga could really help strengthen my feet for running. I'm not sure the actual running is strengthening the feet; helping my muscles and lungs and heart prepare for the zombie apocalypse, sure, but not actually helping my feet. :) But the yoga could be a great help in many ways.

Robert did another class the next day, and did the whole 90 minutes. Amazing! He has found his niche, his activity-passion, I think. He REALLY loved it. I like the results, I like the flexibility, I like saying "I do hot yoga", but I'm not sure I like IT. :) And yet we're probably doing it later this afternoon. First, though, the guys have to get home from visiting MIL (what a surprise, I stayed home) and we have to go get the husband-person some new shorts, as he has FINALLY admitted that his shorts are way too big! So we'll see what size we get to buy him. Alas the brand he has bought for years is no more at JCP, so it can't be a same-brand comparison, but it'll still be good.

Told you it was a bunch of blather. :)

Anything new for the trip? I got a reservation for tea at the Gardenview Tea Room, one of our faves. However, it's WAY too close to our Kona reservation, and so we have to change something. I actually think I might let the guys figure out if they want that, and let just them go to Kona. I think I'll head to the expo in the morning, then maybe we can meet up at Epcot later or something.

I also have to squeeze in a Rainforest or T-rex evening, because it'll be my birthday month and I'll have money from them because of it. That might have to be during the Universal portion of the trip, though.

Augh, I gotta work out a rental car, too! But before that I should look at flights coming in; I'm still hoping I can get on a flight that leaves EARLY and gets in EARLY, because that would take care of the Expo problem on Saturday. And the menfolk could have manly traveling time together. Which would give them a great opportunity to be upgraded (Alaska and United will upgrade the gold-or-whatever person and ONE companion, not two companions). Decisions decisions!

I gotta say, :worship: I don't know how you do hot yoga. I think I would die! 115? Good grief!! I may just be a wimp when it comes to heat though...

I gotta say, :worship: I don't know how you do hot yoga. I think I would die! 115? Good grief!! I may just be a wimp when it comes to heat though...

I've done two more classes since, but only 60 minutes. It's a lot easier to deal with, both physically and mentally, for that period of time vs 90. DH feels the opposite; he's done 4 classes now, and only one was the 60 minute class (just today!), and he prefers the longer classes much more.

And I'm not sure how I'm doing any of it. :faint: I talked to the instructors about if they thought it would help in any way to prepare me for TOT, and they said that doing hot yoga makes *everything* feel easier (since it's not being done in that heat), and they thought it could help. Guess we'll see. :)

I will say, though, that it's strengthening my lower shins and upper ankles amazingly. That area is sore in a way I didn't know was possible. I mean, I know there are muscles there, but I've never FELT them. I think it's going to be really good for running once this foot nonsense clears up. I did one mile, twice this week (plus a bunch of exercise walking), and it was good. Might do it again tomorrow.

We decided to run away to Vancouver. While I *adore* the fireworks in Tacoma, like I think they are the second best I've ever seen (Washington DC's were the best when I saw them in '96, #2 is every year I've seen them in Tacoma, then DL's Halloweentime fireworks, then a lot of the rest of them after those), I cannot stand being at the official festivities. Someday I'll buy a house with a view of the Bay where they set them off, but that's not now. So at the last minute (or really at 1pm) we just said "let's go". Packed, booked a hotel, drove. Traffic was wonderful, surprisingly!

So it was Japadog for dinner (veggie oroshi for me) and bites of E's and R's Cafe Crepe crepes for dessert. E got coconut and nutella with an inspired dash of cinnamon, and it was SO good. R got the tasty dark chocolate and banana. Yum. Needed cinnamon. :)

I've done two more classes since, but only 60 minutes. It's a lot easier to deal with, both physically and mentally, for that period of time vs 90. DH feels the opposite; he's done 4 classes now, and only one was the 60 minute class (just today!), and he prefers the longer classes much more.

And I'm not sure how I'm doing any of it. :faint: I talked to the instructors about if they thought it would help in any way to prepare me for TOT, and they said that doing hot yoga makes *everything* feel easier (since it's not being done in that heat), and they thought it could help. Guess we'll see. :)

I will say, though, that it's strengthening my lower shins and upper ankles amazingly. That area is sore in a way I didn't know was possible. I mean, I know there are muscles there, but I've never FELT them. I think it's going to be really good for running once this foot nonsense clears up. I did one mile, twice this week (plus a bunch of exercise walking), and it was good. Might do it again tomorrow.

We decided to run away to Vancouver. While I *adore* the fireworks in Tacoma, like I think they are the second best I've ever seen (Washington DC's were the best when I saw them in '96, #2 is every year I've seen them in Tacoma, then DL's Halloweentime fireworks, then a lot of the rest of them after those), I cannot stand being at the official festivities. Someday I'll buy a house with a view of the Bay where they set them off, but that's not now. So at the last minute (or really at 1pm) we just said "let's go". Packed, booked a hotel, drove. Traffic was wonderful, surprisingly!

So it was Japadog for dinner (veggie oroshi for me) and bites of E's and R's Cafe Crepe crepes for dessert. E got coconut and nutella with an inspired dash of cinnamon, and it was SO good. R got the tasty dark chocolate and banana. Yum. Needed cinnamon. :)

Well, I am glad the yoga is helping!

I don't blame you for getting out of town. We live more in the boonies...and we were suppose to head through Tacoma. Last minute we decided we were just not up for that kinda of traffic and crowds...

We live more in the boonies...and we were suppose to head through Tacoma. Last minute we decided we were just not up for that kinda of traffic and crowds...

As we were leaving town the traffic to get into the city was intense. People had obviously ignored the signs saying to use the downtown exists b/c Schuster was closed, which routed them onto Commerce instead of Stadium as they expected, because Stadium is closed for upwards of a year. We were wondering what the constant influx of people going up S 9th was as we left, then when we saw the stackup of people on 705 blatantly ignoring the downtown exits, it was made clear. :)

The traffic north, however, was amazing! Not until Everett did we hit ANY traffic upsets, and the temporary bridge north of that just meant a slowdown.

Same coming home yesterday, it was really weird. Well OK we had a 40+ minute wait at the border (which was good because it gave hubby and son time to eat their KinderSurprise eggs so as to not bring the contraband chocolate across the border) but before and after that it was great.

I'm glad that from the way it sounds, you didn't hit as much traffic as others would have! But a lot of people are still having parties for the 4th of July, so that could have been why there was the long border wait.

Hi Molly!

I feel so sorry for R growing u with his parents being like that. I didn't ever think to doubt Loren. I did think he was over reacting, but I never doubted him. I have teased him more than once since the fire about being up on his x-box in the middle of the night. But that being said I went out just a few days later and bought him another x-box.

I hope that you guys have fun for your long weekend. Ours was quiet except furniture shopping and paint color selecting for the house. Kody is such a good shopper. We went to a local antique "mall" where here is a desk she has been eyeing. They also had a side table and dresser that matched. So went and asked about the prices. I got the desk for $125, the side table for $80 and the dresser for $70. Tremendous bargains as far as I was concerned. The dresser needs a little love like knew knobs but I was pleased to walk out having spent so little on furniture.

I am kind of tentatively planning a Disneyland trip for the beginning of October. I am not sure if it will happen but I sure hope it does.

Just worked out the flights to Orlando and 2/3 of our flights home. Whew.

PetersLittleFairy that's probably true! The timing of the 4th this year allowed for a LONG long weekend.

kaoden39 I hope your DLR trip can work out; if anyone needs a FUN trip it's you guys. Aw you're so nice to get him another game system. :)

Since my son will be running the 5K (with me) and the Mickey Mile the next day, and since he's not a runner (he does everything else, and runs for gymnastics etc) he needs to start training.

So today, after my Y treadmill run (my foot is healing, joy oh joy, and I could do some of my run!) and his Tap Dance class, we went down to the waterfront and did a bit of a jog. .25 mile each way, and felt really good about it! He gets annoyed because he could run faster than me and I made him stay with me (little stinker started WALKING and kept up with me), but the important thing about that is he can't sustain it. He insisted we shoot for half a mile, but about .17 into it he got a nasty belly cramp. And that's when he appreciated the walk/jog we were doing. :) He has to get used to running longer distances, and part of that is knowing he cannot sprint and must slow down to do the whole thing.

He has stated that he WILL be running fast for the mile. Go for it, kiddo, go for it.

Fixed our Tea room time. Actually, found out we didn't HAVE a tea room time at all. Thanks, CM! She was so confused and I knew it at the time, but I hoped she wouldn't actually make me a reservation at the wrong place. But she did. We had a 1:50 at the Grand Floridian Cafe. They have an Alice themed tea, but it's ONLY for children. The proper Tea Room isn't even open until 2. So we got that canceled and booked the right thing.

As I mentioned we got our flights to Orlando. I'm flying separately from the guys, so I can get there as early as I could sanely get there.

There was an option to leave just after midnight and get in at 11am, but that wasn't *sane* for me...I want to stay on home-time for the race and party, and having a flight that late won't accomplish that because I cannot sleep on planes.

So I land just before 4:30 and the guys come in 1.5-ish hours later. We will take Magical Express (separately) and THIS time we'll actually get to have our bags "automagically" delivered to the room! This is exciting. :) I'll head straight to the Expo for the race and pick up my bib, etc, and shop a bit. They will land, get to POR, and do...whatever they want to do. We're thinking we'll meet back up at DTD maybe, have some highly-themed-Landrys-restaurant food, get settled in for our stay.

That is so funny! That is exactly what my youngest ds did to my older ds. He went out thinking he would be so fast... but couldn't maintain. My older son just shook his head knowing... boys :rolleyes:

Glad you got your airfare. While I have mine for ToT, I don't yet for WDW half.

At his age I dreaded running even a mile in PE class let alone a 5K! That will be such a cool accomplishment for both of you to run it together.

Have you never had your bags "automagically" show up in your room? It is very convenient when you get off the plane and everybody rushes to the baggage carousel and you can just stroll right into the ME line.

Also I love how you describe it as "highly-themed Landrys restaurant". I've been to the Rainforest Cafe many many times (in both CA and FL) but never to the T-Rex. I assume it's the same thing just with a different theme?

How good that E is running with you. I think that will make it more fun. I am glad you got your tea reservations straightened out. I could not do the middle of the night flight. I don't sleep in a moving vehicle, I never have. It doesn't matter what type it is.

That is so funny! That is exactly what my youngest ds did to my older ds. He went out thinking he would be so fast... but couldn't maintain. My older son just shook his head knowing... boys :rolleyes:

Glad you got your airfare. While I have mine for ToT, I don't yet for WDW half.

Same situation with the half. Are you doing the Half, or the Marathon, or both? I should check out your group PTR at some point here.

Have you never had your bags "automagically" show up in your room? It is very convenient when you get off the plane and everybody rushes to the baggage carousel and you can just stroll right into the ME line.

Also I love how you describe it as "highly-themed Landrys restaurant". I've been to the Rainforest Cafe many many times (in both CA and FL) but never to the T-Rex. I assume it's the same thing just with a different theme?

I haven't! We have only taken flights that get in after 10pm, so we have had to deal with bags anyway. The first two trips we just got rental cars and drove in. Last trip we lugged them onto the bus (otherwise known as "yes, Porter, you may take our huge stack of bags and take them to the bus for us, thank you and here's your lovely tip"). We did use RAC on the way home, which was most excellent. But this will be the very first time with a flight coming in at a time we could use the room-delivery service. :)

How good that E is running with you. I think that will make it more fun. I am glad you got your tea reservations straightened out. I could not do the middle of the night flight. I don't sleep in a moving vehicle, I never have. It doesn't matter what type it is.

I did a redeye in college, and while I might have slept a bit, I also had a layover at O'Hare at something like 2am, so I don't remember it being particularly restful on the flights. And once I fell asleep before we were even taxiing on a morning flight, after brutal midterms and studying all night for days, and woke myself with a HUGE snore. My seat companions were businessmen, and I'd slept right through breakfast service (remember when they had that?), and I was thoroughly embarrassed by snoring myself awake. :rolleyes2 Nowadays I'm just too nervous to sleep. LIke...the plane needs my mental energy to stay up in the air. 'cuz I'm just THAT powerful. ;)

Whoops, didn't reply about T-rex. It's similar, but of course different because it's dinosaurs. :) There are some that are animatronic, some are still. There are, hmm, 3 rooms, I believe. The room we ate in was what DS called the Herbivore Room. He was glad we were in there so he didn't have to worry about the dinos coming to life and eating us. I didn't remind him that we would be danger of being trampled if they came to life. There's also the ice room, which is blue-ish, and I believe has a meteor shower every 20 minutes or so. I can't remember the other room.

Just like at RFC, I like appetizers the best. At RFC I have the pita quesadillas (without chicken) and I adore them. We had an appetizer sampler at TRex, and liked it, though all I remember were the onion rings.

We don't know which one we'll eat at on our trip, but we will go to one. Main reason is because my birthday is in October and I'm the Landry's member, so we'll have a birthday reward certificate. :)

Same situation with the half. Are you doing the Half, or the Marathon, or both? I should check out your group PTR at some point here.

The group PTR is for the ToT 10 miler. Then I just started the new one for the Donald. I am no where near being able to do the marathon let alone the goofy or..good lord... the dopey!!!

Remind me... you are flying down pretty close to race day for each? For the Tot, I wish we were going to be down longer AFTER the race. Unfortunately, I have to be back for work and so the majority of the trip for me is before. Now..for the WDW marathon weekend.. we arrive just before and stay after the race. I think that will work much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter