A few questions on Coronado Springs

Momofonelittlemickey

Earning My Ears
I think we may be staying at Coronado Springs next June.
But before we make that decision, I'm hoping I may be able to get some help!

There is a US Karate Convention at the resort our first two days. I couldn't find much info on it, but wanted to see if any of you lovely friends have any knowledge on this....

Also, my son will be 4 at the time of travel. My hubby and I prefer to grab a muffin and some coffee before we head to the parks. Our little guy would rather have a waffle/french toast sticks and bacon. I really don't want to have to use a QS credit for his breakfast- so I generally pay out of pocket. Anyone know if this breakfast would be available outside of Pepper Market? When we have stayed at the Polynesian, it was an easy $5 breakfast for him....

I just want to be sure we have the right food needs in place before I make a decision....

Not sure about the convention, but CSR is where lots of conventions are held, and they really don't seem to affect our stay too much. The food court is another issue though. for us it's the reason it's our least favorite moderate. Other people love it for this reason. It's a bit like a food court, and a bit like a sit down. you do have a waiter, (they get you drinks), you are seated at a table, and you pay after you eat. We eat most meals outside the resort, breakfast is the one meal we eat there, and sometimes a snack meal at night. For that reason Pepper Market is just a slower process, We like POR's food court best.

I agree with PP that conventions did not have a negative impact on our stay at CS.
There is a walk in snack/quick foods location. We got our mugs there last time. I don't remember what all the food choices were, but I imagine you would be able to feed the little guy (and big ones too) there.
Enjoy your trip!

I don't think you will find the breakfast choices at Cafe Rix, that you mentioned. You might find breakfast sandwiches though.

The picture I posted was from DIS member "Ilivetogo" and I'm assuming that her pictures were taken from the first week of September 2012. I will be at CSR next week and will try and make sure I find out a little more about Cafe Rix as the info on the boards seems to be slightly lacking in that area.

Many thanks for the great advice!
Well, I think I'll book Coronado Springs... Fingers crossed we get a PIN for next June, and hoping we can stay at the Polynesian again.... Either way, it'll be a wonderful vacation!

Many thanks for the great advice!
Well, I think I'll book Coronado Springs... Fingers crossed we get a PIN for next June, and hoping we can stay at the Polynesian again.... Either way, it'll be a wonderful vacation!

Fear Nothing, & expect to have a great time.

1. No matter what convention is going on at the time you're there, you'll never even know it. This is one of the reasons why CSR is sooo good.

A) With a lot of conventioneers, comes less people at the pools, less people at Pepper MArket, (Which B.T.W.) is better than any food court..& Way way less people on buses to the parks.
* Absolute best bus service on property..Hands down.

B) Main Pool: Is the best Mod pool out there and definitely better than some deluxes.

Cafe Rix, although doesn't have a huge selection, it will most def. fit the bill.
As PP stated, it doen't have elaborate meals, but it does have baked goods, & breakfast sandwiches too, drinks, & other goodies. Great thing about it is it's on the way to the bus stop..Quick pop in & grab n go...

Also has a health club, which other mods do NOT!! Added bonus. Have a Great time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter