A few questions - never cruised before

Patti O'Furniture

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of going in 2009 ( would love to go in 2008 - but DH has other vacation plans )

How do the restaurants work ? I usually hate ot eat a big entree - but love to get a few appetizers and a small salad for dinner.

If I wanted to make a meal out of 2 appetizers and a salad - is that OK ? or do they allow you to order one appy, one entree, one dessert ?

What about kids menus ? DS will be 10 and 12 - if they want can they get something off of the children's menu.

I have read several conflicting things about the dress code in the restaurants ....

Dressy Bermuda shorts with sandals and a nice top ...... yes or no ?

If long pants only - are Capri's OK ? I have seen Jeans OK and Jeans not OK.

Any clues would be great !

Thanks

I am thinking of going in 2009 ( would love to go in 2008 - but DH has other vacation plans )

How do the restaurants work ? I usually hate to eat a big entree - but love to get a few appetizers and a small salad for dinner.

If I wanted to make a meal out of 2 appetizers and a salad - is that OK ? or do they allow you to order one appy, one entree, one dessert ?

What about kids menus ? DS will be 10 and 12 - if they want can they get something off of the children's menu.

I have read several conflicting things about the dress code in the restaurants ....

Thanks

How do the restaurants work ? I usually hate to eat a big entree - but love to get a few appetizers and a small salad for dinner
I think you can do that choose what you want from the menu

People order what they want often we havem ore than one dessert if they are nice

My kids 12/9 will order of either, DD likes the adult DS likes the kids but may order of the adult, you can do either/both
They tell you if its formal or semi formal or casual, only need to dress up on the formal and semi foraml
Dressy Bermuda shorts with sandals and a nice top ...... yes or no ? Yes semi formal or Casual

If long pants only - are Capri's OK ? I have seen Jeans OK and Jeans not OK. On cruise casual nights but do not worry they do not tell you off.

How do the restaurants work ? I usually hate ot eat a big entree - but love to get a few appetizers and a small salad for dinner.

Thanks

The dining room staff are there to please....if you want 2 apps and no entree...fine...they will accomodate....

If your kids want to eat from the child's or adult menu (or both the same evening)...again, no problem.

If you changed your mind and wanted 3 entrees and no apps, five desserts, also fine....they will try to accommodate whatever you want.

Jean are acceptable on all nights except formal night.

Dressy capris are fine...

DCL requests no shorts in the dining rooms but that ban is lifted on Pirate night as many dress up in tropical wear or pirate wear...so shorts are fine this night.

Hope that helps.

Most of the entrees are not the huge type you get at some restaurants. The food is adequate in size, but not overwhelming. Each course is probably medium size at best, they don't want too much waste and you really can't take it with you like a restaurant at home.

We spent Thanksgiving, 2005, on DCL Wonder. My DH couldn't decide what he wanted from the Thanksgiving dinner menu, so he said to our server "Surprise me. Bring me what you would eat." They surprised him alright--they brought him everything that was on the menu that night! He ate most of it, and shared what he just couldn't finish with our tablemates. Needless to say, after that, he always made some kind of choice! You can order whatever you want, and you can order more than one of each thing.

Beth

We spent Thanksgiving, 2005, on DCL Wonder. My DH couldn't decide what he wanted from the Thanksgiving dinner menu, so he said to our server "Surprise me. Bring me what you would eat." They surprised him alright--they brought him everything that was on the menu that night! He ate most of it, and shared what he just couldn't finish with our tablemates. Needless to say, after that, he always made some kind of choice! You can order whatever you want, and you can order more than one of each thing.

Beth

Sometimes you can eat ''off menu'' as well I was winding up our server as he was from India and asked what night was the curry, and the next night all the table got a curry, popperdoms, and all the trimmings as well as the menu on offer that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter