A few questions about Beach Club

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
Other than the pool activities, does the resort offer activities for the kids?

The only other deluxe we've stayed at is AKL. In addition to the pool activities, they also had various activities throughout the day for kids to do that we loved (African drumming, animal bingo, animal trekking, flamingo feeding, cookie decorating, etc). I didn't know if the additional activities were unique to AKL (which I know those specific activities were specific to AKL) or if each deluxe resort has it's own activities it did as well.

Also, what is there to do on the boardwalk area? What restaurants are there? Entertainment? Are those particular draws of staying at the BC or not really?

I know you can walk to Epcot or HS. If you walk to Epcot, do you enter through the backside of WS or the front? Just tryin to figure out how that plays out on rope drop (mad rush to Soarin', you know).What is the transportation to MK and AK? I'm assuming bus, but wanted to make sure. Also, does the bus, share with other resorts beside the BC? How is the bus service? (assuming there is bus)

Odd question, but I couldn't tell by the pictures in the BC thread. Is the sink area right out facing the room/sleeping area or kind of tucked around a corner area? In AKL, it is separate from the tub/toilet area, but it's still around the corner from the beds. We loved that because i didn't wake others up while I was getting ready like at Pop or POFQ where the light is directly shining on the bed area. I know...weird to ask, but something I'm interested in.

We've stayed at POP twice, POFQ, and AKL. We really liked POFQ and loved AKL. We had a great discount both on our POFQ and AKL stay which allowed us to upgrade. Tinkering with the idea of BC, but wouldn't stay there without great discount. Not sure the additional expense can justify it. For those of you who like it, what did you like about it?

Thanks for the help!!!

I found better pictures on allears.net so I know what the sink/bathroom area is like now; it's arranged like AKL.

Can't wait to hear from others about BC. :)

Also, what is there to do on the boardwalk area? What restaurants are there? Entertainment? Are those particular draws of staying at the BC or not really?

I know you can walk to Epcot or HS. If you walk to Epcot, do you enter through the backside of WS or the front? Just tryin to figure out how that plays out on rope drop (mad rush to Soarin', you know).What is the transportation to MK and AK? I'm assuming bus, but wanted to make sure. Also, does the bus, share with other resorts beside the BC? How is the bus service? (assuming there is bus)

Thanks for the help!!!

We've stayed at the BWI but not BC (though my ILs were there last summer so I did see it). So I can't speak to the activities, but I can speak to the location. There are several restaurants on the BW and it is an easy walk over from BC--just a few minutes around the lake. ESPN is there, a brewery, Flying Fish, Kouzzina, BW Bakery, the pizza window, a couple others. There are also shops to browse in. At night there is entertainment, like jugglers. You can rent surrey bikes. It was a fun place to hang out--my kids really enjoyed it.

Yes, if you are staying at an Epcot resort you will enter Epcot through the International Gateway entrance. There are no buses to Epcot. The entrance is kind of by England and France. We never did rope drop at Epcot when staying there--hopefully someone else can chime in about whether or not they'll let you in with enough time to hightail it to Soarin before everyone at the front entrance gets there!

And yes, it's bus only to MK/AK. When we were there last summer, BC, YC, BWI, Swan and Dolphin often shared buses. The buses were the only thing we really didn't like about staying over in that area...Otherwise it was awesome. LOVED being so close to Epcot. The BC is seriously like three minutes from the International Gateway.

Have a great trip, wherever you stay!

The sinks are separate from the toilet/tub area and the bed area as well. So yes tucked around a corner.

You do buses to MK and AK. I was just there last month and we shared with YC to MK but shared with the Swan, dolphin, YC and BW for AK. When I timed it, it was a little over 30 minutes to AK and more like 20 to MK.

You do buses to MK and AK. I was just there last month and we shared with YC to MK but shared with the Swan, dolphin, YC and BW for AK. When I timed it, it was a little over 30 minutes to AK and more like 20 to MK.

Yikes! That's a lot of potential stops and a long time, particularly to AK. I get the 20 min. to MK, but 30 min. seems long to AK. While Epcot is our favorite, AK is another park we spend a lot of time at so that wouldn't be a great deal. Of course, I know transportation can vary.

Yikes! That's a lot of potential stops and a long time, particularly to AK. I get the 20 min. to MK, but 30 min. seems long to AK. While Epcot is our favorite, AK is another park we spend a lot of time at so that wouldn't be a great deal. Of course, I know transportation can vary.

BW is the only other pickup after BC, but the AK buses also do one of the water parks and they go there before dropping at AK. That's what took so much longer. If you go in colder months when the water park isn't as popular it would probably take less. The driver asked if anyone was going to TL once we picked up at our last stop so I'm not sure if they all do but it sounds like they will skip it if nobody is going.

BW is the only other pickup after BC, but the AK buses also do one of the water parks and they go there before dropping at AK. That's what took so much longer. If you go in colder months when the water park isn't as popular it would probably take less. The driver asked if anyone was going to TL once we picked up at our last stop so I'm not sure if they all do but it sounds like they will skip it if nobody is going.

Good to know it only has one other pickup after BC.

We experienced something similar when staying at AKL. It stopped off at Blizzard Beach on the way to HS, however, the bus didn't have to stop at another resort.

Does anyone know if there are activities for the kids, other than the pool activities? The activities at AKL were a big appeal to our kids.

I'm sure you can find the activities list on the Beach Club thread. I know they had t shirt tie dying. They have a campfire at night on the beach where they roast marshmallows and a nightly movie. We only did the campfire so I'm not sure what else was even there.

I'm sure you can find the activities list on the Beach Club thread. I know they had t shirt tie dying. They have a campfire at night on the beach where they roast marshmallows and a nightly movie. We only did the campfire so I'm not sure what else was even there.

I checked it out and found it. Thank you!

Just another thing to think about - entering through the International Gateway at park opening is SUCH a pleasant experience. No giant hordes of people like at the front entrance. The last time I did rope drop at Epcot through the IG, it was literally only my family and about 20 other people. No lines for bag check, etc. I think we got to Soarin right around the time people from the front did. It wasn't a big deal and it was SO worth it to skip the regular rope drop/turnstile rush.

During our stay at the Beach Club, I started timing the bus rides, because they seemed like they were so long. It took 40 minutes to get to both MK and AK. One of my nieces thought the bus drivers were getting lost, it took so long.

You can't beat the Beach Club for proximity to both Epcot and the Disney Studios. But in my experience the trade of is longer bus rides to both AK and MK.

We stayed at BC last august and loved it! The bus to MK was no more than 20 min and AK wasn't bad either. We stopped at blizzard beach on the way to AK, took all of 3 minutes and my girls got a peek at the place :) it was the bus ride to DD that was horrible, long, miserable, lol...you get it, not good at all! Not sure about the activities so I can't help you there. The pool was always bustling with music and happy children :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter