A few pictures can so capture the moment...

Great pics, Dan. I really like the candid moments between the Obamas.

I really love how they show their affection. We haven't had a White House couple who looked truly in love since the Reagans. Even they were a bit stilted. The Obamas really show it. Wonderful pics!

Wow! Amazing! These shots really capture the joy surrounding the evening.

Barack was lying when he said that Michelle was the "love of his life". The true loves of his life are those two beautiful daughters of his. It's obvious that they have him wrapped. I can relate, my DD7 owns me. :love:

Wow, thanks so much for posting these Dan. They all brought me to tears. I'm a little emotional and sappy, but seeing someone so happy and in-love brings out the joy in me as well.

You can just see the love in their eyes and faces. Very touching.

Thank you for posting those pictures, Dan.

One of my favorite things about the Obama's is that they truly show love towards one and another. I think that's wonderful.

Thanks again for sharing!

Those are wonderful. I love the one where he is lifting his daughter into the air. It brought tears to my eyes.

Did you take these photos, Dan?
No, Paige, not mine. I wish though. I suppose they are from an AP photographer or some other news source. They are not identified on the website.

Beautiful!!! Were you there???
No, not there. I was going to, 40 years ago, go down to Grant Park, the night of the 'police riot' at the Democratic convention. My better sense kept me from going then I was forever happy I did not. And again here now, 40 years later, my better sense said I can not deal with the mass of humanity and all that goes with that. Disney crowds are enough for me to deal with at my age, LOL.

This one of Jesse Jackson just got to me....I usually don't agree with Mr. Jackson politically, but there he stood last night- in 1968 he was by MLK's side as MLK was taken down, and last night he was able to witness the fulfilling of a large part of MLK's dream. This just kind of sums up the momentus and important evening!

We may not all agree with Obama's policies or agendas, but we can all be incredibly proud that the country is strong enough, mature enough, and confident enough to allow an African American individual to become President- I never, ever thought I would be so blessed as to see this day.

slide_605_12498_large.jpg

Thank you so much for posting those pictures.

It really truly is wonderful to see them show the emotion. You know it had to be an amazing feeling for him to walk out there and know that.

When he said that his daughters now will get their puppy, I was so excited for them and thought it was so cute!!

That shot of Obama kissing Michelle is so sweet and you know the Bidens and the Obamas are friendly you can see it. I enjoyed their Group Hug too!

Jesse Jackson's tears - that really did it for me. For him to witness that, it was just beautiful.

I watched The View today before I came into work and Sherri spoke about how it touched her and she started getting emotional and again - waterworks for me because she feels so proud.

Alright I have to stop or else I am going to start all over again!

Oh wow! What a gorgeous couple they are with such lovely children. They're an inspiration. I haven't felt felt inspired by anyone, anywhere for such a long time but there's something about the two of them... reminds me of the effect The Kennedys had on people... or so I believe from the previous generation. Every household here in Ireland had a picture of JFK above the fireplace and usually a companion pic of Elvis on the opposite wall. :lmao: Seriously I feel that same buzz about Obama.

Thanks so much for posting the pics Dan....

I'm so happy for Obama and his family....and for "us all":goodvibes
Kerri

This one of Jesse Jackson just got to me....I usually don't agree with Mr. Jackson politically, but there he stood last night- in 1968 he was by MLK's side as MLK was taken down, and last night he was able to witness the fulfilling of a large part of MLK's dream. This just kind of sums up the momentus and important evening!

We may not all agree with Obama's policies or agendas, but we can all be incredibly proud that the country is strong enough, mature enough, and confident enough to allow an African American individual to become President- I never, ever thought I would be so blessed as to see this day.
slide_605_12498_large.jpg

My thoughts exactly....I really never thought I would see the day.....BUT I am soooo happy to see it and to have my DD6 see it as well. Without her actually realizing how historic a moment this is.
Kerri

These pictures are beautiful, as beautiful as the ones you always share of Disney!:goodvibes

I'll tell you, I would have been in Grant Park in a heartbeat if I was still in Chicago and if I was 30 years youngers! ;) :teeth::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter