A few Part Time (not CP) employment questions...

PrincessAurora83

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I applied for Part Time Merchandise on December 9 and on my "dashboard" it still says my application is Pending Review.

A few questions-

- For those that have applied or been hired fairly recently, how long did it take to hear back from Disney once you submitted your application?

-Will you get a response no matter what, or only if they are interested?

-On the Disney Careers website under the FAQ section it says that you are encouraged to apply for all positions you are interested in. A week or so after I applied for Part Time Merchandise they added Part Time Attractions to their list of currently available positions. I tried to apply for this position as well but it says "You have previously applied to the maximum number of jobs allowed at this time". I did notice that when I try to apply for other Hourly positions it will not let me, but when I try to apply to a salaried position it will let me. Do they only let you apply to one Hourly position at a time for some reason? And because I applied for Merchandise will they not consider me for Attractions at all?

- When I was 16 (a little over 10 years ago) I went to a Disney job fair with a friend...we were both hired to work at Hollywood Studios (then MGM) in attractions. I went to the Traditions class and then decided I did not want to drive that far to work and never showed up after Traditions (which I now obviously regret :(...but I was young at the time and just looked at it as "another job"). Will this affect my hiring status in any way? I figured because it was over 10 years ago it wouldn't matter, but could this be what is holding up my application?

In the past few years I have become very passionate about the Disney company. I already have my AA degree and am currently going to UCF for Hospitality with the hope of working my way up with the Disney company. I would eventually love to be an area manager in one of the theme parks, but I figured I need to get my foot in the door somewhere- thus applying for an hourly position- which I feel I am more than qualified for...not to mention that I am more knowledgeable about the company, parks, etc. than many people that are currently working there.

Just wondering what I need to do (if there is anything else I CAN do) to get hired by Disney!

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

When I went through the online process for becoming a cast member... lets see what I remember...

You take the online test first. Then you get an email about 3-7 days later... more online testing...
Then they call you/email you within 1-3 weeks. [I think that's one of the questions you asked?] And they want to either give you a phone interview or schedule an in person interview.

When I originally started the process, I said I wanted to work in Quick service food and beverage because that was literally the only thing they were looking for online. However, I really wanted to be a Bippity Boppity Boutique Hostess or an Attractions Attendant. The woman who interviewed me asked why I was interested in QSFB. I think I literally said "I'm not, but it was the only thing available."

We then talked about my options and she said I was put on a waiting list for attractions. I would be on that list for 6 months, and if nothing appeared within that time I would have to retry the whole process. {online questions... etc..}

I got a job in Adventureland/Liberty Square attractions about 5 months later.

Abandoning the job given about 10 years ago might give you some problems when you go in for an interview. Explain what happened, and everything you said here. That you were young, and saw it as something different than what you see it as now.

Good luck!

I just replied to a similar question you posed, but just in case someone doesn't read that and is curious, I'll post here as well.

You can only apply to one hourly position every six months, so if you are willing to be flexible tell your interviewer what other positions you're interested in (i.e. attractions, photopass, concierge, hostess, etc).

Yes, not returning after Traditions could hurt you, but it's best to be honest. Let your interviewer know that you learned from your mistake. Rather than stating that you considered it "just another job," you might want to phrase it something like "I was young at the time and did not have the commitment, drive, and motivation I do now. Now that I'm older, I understand what a wonderful company Disney is and I really want to make a difference for guests. I'm committed to this position and to staying with the company. I will go above and beyond in this position if given the chance." If you think that's over the top, tone it down a bit. Make sure it sounds natural and honest when you say it. It's okay to make mistakes, even at Disney, but what they'll really care about is that you know it was wrong, you're sorry, and you've changed and are planning to do better. You never want to overshare in a interview, but really showing that you understand that your actions were unacceptable and unprofessional and that you're a more mature person now can make up for past errors, in my humble opinion.

Also, making it clear that you want to move up in the company is something they value, so feel free to talk about your major and where you hope to go in the company. Talking is good, but don't ramble. They definitely don't want one word answers, but you probably want to keep your answer done to what would make up an average sized paragraph when written out.

Disney is busy right now and not holding Traditions classes until January, so HR may be on a break, so to speak. Give it some time. Also, they just filled a ton of positions for the holidays, so they may be waiting for merchandise positions to open up. By the time I could do the in-person interview and accept a position, all the merch positions were filled and I ended up in attractions, which I think I'll enjoy. Being flexible, enthusiastic, and committed is they key! Good luck and let us know what happens. We're rooting for you!

I'm having the same "issue" my application has been "pending review" for bout 4 months now... :( is there a number I can call to show them that I'm motivated?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter