A few OBB questions

Fatima1922

DIS Veteran
1. I know you don't get the OBC if you book Cat 12. But do you still get the 10%?

2. Can you book two cabins or is the discount only good for one?

3. Can you book two different cruises using the discount?

Okay I have more than a few:goodvibes

4. I have already booked a 3 night cruise (cat 11) for March - two cabins. The final payment will be do when I am on my December cruise so it will be paid off before I leave. Can I transfer that cruise over and get a discount or will it be too late?

5. OBC - I get one if I book Cat 11 and higher, correct? Now if I book a 7 night and transfer that over to my TA do I also get their OBC if they are offering one? How much is the OBB OBC on a 7 night? I think I read $200 but that seems like a lot.

1. If you book a cat 12, you get the OBC. As of 2011, cat 12 has been renames 11C, so you get the 10% + OBC

2.You can book the number of reservations that you have individuals on the current trip. For instance, if you are mom, dad, and 2 kids, you can book up to 4 reservations. Each cabin is a separate reservation. SO, in the above example, you could book 2 cabins on each of 2 cruises....or 4 cabins on one cruise...or any other combination of 4 reservations.

3, See above--number of allowed reservations= number of current guests.

4. unsure....probably too late because you are technically canceling and rebooking when you reshop an existing reservation while on board. IF you are with a TA who will actually make your payment ON the final payment date, it might be possible to do, but it would be a "squeaker." It would take TA working together with OBC person BEFORE final payment is made, and everything must go thru on time so your reservation doesn't get canceled. If my final payment was due on the last day of a 7 day cruise, I might chance it; if a 3 night cruise...probably not.

5. Whether/what you get from a TA is up to the TA. If you name the TA at the time of the onboard booking, they get their full commission and thus usually give you the full benefits including OBC. If you transfer to them later, they get a reduced commission. THus, some TAs have stopped accepting transferred ressies, some have given a reduced OBC, and some still give the full OBC. My TA will give me the full OBC with an onboard booking...yes, on a 7 day in 2010 you get $200 from DCL + anything your TA gives. Beginning in 2011, the lowest you get from DCL is $200, but may be more based on your CC status.

Thank you! But I just want to get this straight, in December I have one cabin for me, DH and DS so I can feasibly book 3 cabins on another cruise using each of our names. OR I can book one cabin on three different cruises. Did I get that right? How much would the deposit be if I only booked one person per cabin (3 cabins - one cruise), $750 total or more.

As for Cat 12 that is prefect. I am looking at 2011!

Thank you! But I just want to get this straight, in December I have one cabin for me, DH and DS so I can feasibly book 3 cabins on another cruise using each of our names. OR I can book one cabin on three different cruises. Did I get that right? How much would the deposit be if I only booked one person per cabin (3 cabins - one cruise), $750 total or more.

You can book a total of 3 reservations. It doesn't have to be one in each name. You can book 3 reservations in your name if they are on different dates! The only rule is number of reservations = number of people on this cruise. You can book a reservation in a name that isn't on this cruise if you have all their info (I've done it...booked a cabin for myself and DD and another for a friend and her husband).

You can book 2 on one sailing and one on another sailing....or you can book all 3 cabins on one sailing...or you can book one cabin on each of 3 sailings. One reservation = 1 cabin on a sailing. You can book 4 people in one room. That's one reservation. OR you can book the same 4 people, but book 2 rooms with 2 people each; that's 2 reservations.

You can book 3 cruises, one cabin each, with you, DH, and child in each room. Yes, you have booked passage for 9 "people" but they are on 3 reservations. You can change the names later and keep the discount. You can move the dates later and keep the benefits. The "lead" name must stay the same in the room or they consider it a cancel and rebook.

Bottom line....you get 3 to book 3 cabins, any dates, any number of people in the cabin (up to the max they will hold) in any name you want.

The deposit is based on the cruise you are booking. It is more on 7 day cruise than on 3 and 4 day...and even more on longer cruises. IF you book with just one person in the room, it is true that you'll pay one deposit, but you'll also only get the discount on that person. As of yesterday, they were still offering the 50% off deposit on board, so the 7 day is $125 per person, the 3 and 4 day are $100 per person. It was $300 each on the trans-Atlantic in 2010, and more than that in 2011 trans-Atlantic.

btw.. med cruises are going for 20% off if you book on board.

I had forgotton that Cat 11c was then new 12, so they had signs everywhere saying only cat 11 and above were avilable for the discount and onboard checkin. I might see if I can change with my travel agent now.

Wow 20%. My brother and I was just talking about the possibility of doing a Med cruise. I may have to wait because I think my daughter is too young but I know my brother was looking into it. Are they combining the 20% with the kids free or is one or the other?

Thanks!

Wow 20%. My brother and I was just talking about the possibility of doing a Med cruise. I may have to wait because I think my daughter is too young but I know my brother was looking into it. Are they combining the 20% with the kids free or is one or the other?

Thanks!

No, no combined discounts. 20% off + $400 OBC on some Med cruises booked on board.

12 = 11C starts 2011.

Kcashner - do you know if we have booked a 9A onboard can we switch with our TA to an 11c and still get the OBC and 10% discount?

I don't see why not. I booked an 11C in 2011 and got the 10% + OBC because I moved a 2010 dummy date. My TA took care of everything.

If you only book 1 person in each cabin for the future cruises only the person booked onboard will receive the discount. Once you add people when you leave the ship they are booked at full price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter