• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few HKDL questions

jollygreengirl

Mouseketeer
We are going to HKDL the first week of April. We are planning on two park days, since we have a baby with us and don't want to be rushed. We are staying Kingdom Club at DL hotel (very excited about that). Few questions:

1) What types of food at Kingdom Club? We currently live in Japan, so we are not scared of non-Western food.
2) Is there a rope drop show?
3) Are there enough photo pass photographers to warrant the purchase (I know it's different than WDW)?
4) I can't find a lot of info on the specific characters in the park. I know from friends that have gone that the main princesses (Snow, Aurora, etc.) and fab 4 (Mickey, etc.) are represented, but what about the "extra" characters.
5) Do you have to wear a swim cap in the pools? A lot of Japanese pools require that, so I need to know if we should bring ours.

That's all I can think of right now! I have many friends that have gone, but they aren't super Disney fans like we are, so they don't know a lot of specifics.

3) Are there enough photo pass photographers to warrant the purchase (I know it's different than WDW)?
All of the character Meet and Greets had Photopass photographers, plus there were several on Main Street and in front of the castle. Later in the day we also saw a photographer near the Sorcerer Mickey statue in Fantasyland. The photographers took several pictures at each Meet and Greet (not just the posed photo). Make sure you go to a Photo Pass kiosk before you leave the park that day as that is the only way to purchase the photos and/or downloads.

4) I can't find a lot of info on the specific characters in the park. I know from friends that have gone that the main princesses (Snow, Aurora, etc.) and fab 4 (Mickey, etc.) are represented, but what about the "extra" characters.
When we were there at the end of January we saw:
Mickey and Minnie in Town Square at park opening
Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland
Frozen Princesses, Anna and Elsa, near the castle (fastpass required when we were there - I don't know if that will continue)
Other princesses appeared near Snow White's grotto to the side of the castle in the afternoon - we saw Belle & Snow White
Chip & Dale alternate with Mickey & Minnie in Grizzly Gulch (dressed in western wear)
Buzz Lightyear appeared near his attraction in Tomorrowland
Toy Story characters appear in Toy Story Land

5) Do you have to wear a swim cap in the pools?
We did not stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but did visit and look around. There were several people swimming in the indoor pool and they were not wearing swim caps.

Hope that helps! Have a wonderful trip.

No swimming caps required! Enjoy the DLH! It is really beautiful! Also I loved strolling the promenade to the parks - very magical ambiance!pixiedust:

Re: Characters
When we were there last year, there was a board and cast members in the central area in front of the castle which listed all of the available character meet and greets. The cast members could also answer questions for specific characters. For example, we wanted to know whether Donald Duck would be available and they could confirm that he wasn't available that day. But, they were able to tell us when and where Stitch would be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter