• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few concierge questions

lulucornbread

DIS Veteran
Can you watch the pirate fireworks from the Concierge sun deck? It never seems crowded!

The private character meet & greet - does this only happen once per cruise? Do you know when its scheduled?

Should I expect the onshore concierge to contact me before the cruise or do I just call them when I need something?

Can you watch the pirate fireworks from the Concierge sun deck? It never seems crowded!

The private character meet & greet - does this only happen once per cruise? Do you know when its scheduled?

Should I expect the onshore concierge to contact me before the cruise or do I just call them when I need something?

Unfortunately you do not really get any good view from the sun deck. You can sometimes get a little view from your balcony.

The private meet and greet is once a cruise unless you are on something like a 2 week cruise, then you will get 2 meet and greets, with different characters. The characters are random. We have had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Lilo and Stitch, we have had face characters a few times such as Belle in her blue apron outfit, and I believe we had Alice once.

The shoreside concierge contacts you about 5-7 days prior to the booking window. If they don't then contact them at DCL Shoreside concierge 1 (866) 784-1654 they are always nice and can answer your questions.

People were sitting/standing on deck 12 in front of the bar area. They had a nice view. But the sun deck walls are too high and the view would be cut off.

No, because like PP the walls are too high, and if I remember correctly, the area closes at 10pm, and the fireworks are just around that time.

On the shorter cruises, ie anything 7 nights and shorter have one character meet and greet. You are informed via letter the morning of about the time.

They should contact you via email roughly a week before your 120 date mark if paid in full. It's always easiest just to give them a call, they are extremely helpful!

I hope you have a FANTASTIC time!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter