• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Fantasy of a Honeymoon....With Some Park Magic! *COMPLETED 10/31*

You two are tooooo adorable! Congratulations on your happy ever after! I love that you took up pin trading. We are huge fans of Figment, too. Thanks for sharing. I have been on the Dream, but Fantasy looks cool.

You two are tooooo adorable! Congratulations on your happy ever after! I love that you took up pin trading. We are huge fans of Figment, too. Thanks for sharing. I have been on the Dream, but Fantasy looks cool.

Awww, thank you! I really want to do the Dream but we took the opportunity of vacationing on the newly renovated Magic next Easter! Thanks for joining me! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a month!! It's been so crazy post-wedding with the name change, pictures, thank you's, etc. BUT I finally have a little free time and I plan on continuing this report and finishing it out by the end of the month at the latest!!

I left off the last segment with the end of the sailing away and the night's activities. The next morning we booked our couple's villa at the spa. We were going to do it on our day at St. Martin but the manager was courteous and let us use the certificate Kevin won for a day at sea. I have to say, if you have never done the couple's villa, DO IT! It is such an amazing experience and you get pampered up the wazoo!! It starts by changing into your swimsuit in the locker rooms. You are them let to the waiting room where you fill out the wellness disclaimer and relax in large, comfy chairs with soothing music.

Once you are called, your hostess leads you two to your private villa complete with bathroom, shower, and open-air verandah. The hostesses first have you sit on the verandah while they do a sea salt scrub on your feet and lower legs. They even provide a grass pad to rest your feet on!! Next, you two get about 20 minutes in the private, 2 person whirlpool on the verandah. Like the whirlpools that come with the rainforest room, they have contoured bottoms and lights. It was so soothing to cuddle in the whirlpool with my DH and watch the sea go by. After that, we took a shower and changed out of our swimsuit to get ready for our massages.

You have a choice of 3 massages: the hot stone Swedish massage, the the herbal poultice massage, or the bamboo deep tissue massage. My DH has never had a massage so he opted for the hot stone massage while I got the oh so painful but amazing deep tissue massage. It was really fun and special to be next to my husband while they did the massages. At the end of the full-body, they join the hands of the couple and have you open you eyes looking at each other. It was so romantic!! We finished out the villa with a tea ceremony on the verandah which included herbal tea, fruit kabobs, and chocolate-covered strawberries! It was so relaxing! We were then instructed to drink lots of water and to relax.....but we didn't. Instead, we went to our Mixology class RIGHT after the treatment.

Mixology was done in Skyline with our favorite bar staff. The class was only about 10-12 people and it was a blast! We ended up making 5 drinks. I couldn't tell you all of them or their descriptions. All I know is that they were delicious and the ship seemed to be hitting some pretty large waves after we left the class. Kevin volunteered as a part of the first group and made this awesome martini. He even got to use the shaker, strainer, and look all around bad-***. lol

I did the next one which was a blueberry mojito. We got to muddle blueberries and mint and then pour the liquor. I was the only one to try the stop bubble and I failed miserably at it. I also lost the bottle too trying to look cool. Everyone else was too.

When you get a group of people together who love to drink and don't really know how to properly mix, it gets pretty entertaining. Kevin also made the final shot called a Baby Guinness.

Overall, we really enjoyed the class. We made some cool drinks and met some great people! You should seriously try it if you like mixed drinks!!

After Mixology we ran to the Walt Disney Theater to see Aladdin which was probably the best show on board. Ship was still hitting some pretty big waves. hehe. :rotfl2:

The beautiful theatre!

An announcement then came over the ship that we were making a short emergency stop at the island of San Salvador due to a medical emergency. There was even a special announcement on the ship channel as well as a course change on the itinerary map. We decided to wander to deck 13 forward and watch us pull up to the island. We weren't able to dock because the island could not accommodate us so the crew members took a tender boat ashore. We never did find out what the medical emergency was but I hope the person is okay!!

Then the rain came. This was the ONLY time during the whole cruise it rained. While parked at San Salvador, we could see the small mass of rain above the island. Before we knew it, the Jaws theme started and the mass moved toward the ship at a rapid pace. It's a good thing we were by the Satellite Falls shelter or we would have had to run quick! It rained for maybe 15-20 and the sun was back out. It was just too funny that the one unexpected stop brought rain!

The rain appears! :worried:

It darkens...:confused3

(Insert Jaws theme here...) :scared:

We then wandered around the atrium, took a couple pictures, and then went back to the room to rest before the next showing of Aladdin. We were also running around the atrium to all the magical pictures. If you stand in front of them, them come to life. And if you stand there long enough, they will do something different! It was so cool.

Same picture, moving Mickey! pixiedust:

Note to everyone: DO NOT do Mixology right after a spa treatment followed by fried food and very little hydration. You will feel sick! Dinner was in Animator's Palette and I wish I could have eaten more. The food looked sooooo good, but I couldn't stomach much because of the mix of sugary syrups and oils in my stomach. (I did feel better the next day though!) Dinner that night featured the Talking with Crush Show.This was a really fun show and I really enjoyed it! I wish we could have seen it again! I'm a huge Finding Nemo fan and this just made me love it even more! Like in the parks, Crush talks to select kids and asks them questions about their vacation. Did I mention how much I got a kick out of it? lol

Kevin decided that his TREX needed to be fed too... :rotfl:

After Crush was finished, a variety of Finding Nemo characters would swim across the screens. When dinner was finished, all the sketches of the characters appeared all over the room. So cool.

After dinner, we headed back to the room for a nap before the John Charles adult show. He is always awesome and worth seeing over and over again! He had the whole crowd singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Lol It was a great end to the night! And once again, I will leave this day with a picture of our towel animal!!

The great John Charles!! :worship:

Next up: Palo Brunch!!

Let me start off by saying that Palo on the Fantasy is so much nicer than the Magic! I feel like there was a space specifically made for Palo and Remy instead of being shoved into a corner of the ship with people walking in front of the windows. Palo was very open and airy yet quiet and intimate. I've seen so many people post about Palo Brunch that we really REALLY wanted to try it. I have to say that we thought it was worth it more than dinner! Everything was so fresh and light and VERY delicious. You also get a choice of a complimentary mimosa or glass of champagne!

When you enter, the server takes you around the buffet area and shows you all the options to choose from. You can go up as many times as you like and take as much or as little as you like. You can also order entrees and pizza straight from the oven. It is a little overwhelming at first but all you have to do is take what looks good and try it! The cold seafood part was definitely my favorite followed by the sticky buns. Our server told us to make sure we at least tried the sticky buns and we are so glad we did! They were warm and gooey. Perfect! There was also a great variety of cheeses, meats, and a caviar bar! Ok, now for the pictures of the food!

Kevin had piles of crab legs!! :banana:

The entrees included smaller portions of beef dishes, pastas, chicken parmesan (our favorite), and pizzas. There was also a selection of eggs benedict and other breakfast items. The pizzas were just ok. Kevin had the Italian sausage pizza and he really liked it. I however had the goat cheese and grape pizza. I'm an adventurous eater but it was a little too much for me. At least I tried it!

Italian sausage pizza

Goat cheese and grape pizza... :confused:

The desserts were also to die for! There were little pots of chocolate crème, chocolate covered strawberries, and glasses of fruit crèmes. That's only a small sampling of the items! We probably had two or three plates of desserts each.

Needless to say, we were stuffed from Palo! We even got a special surprise at the end!! :woohoo:

After rolling out of Palo Brunch we went to the vacation club preview. my DH's parents are members and this is something that we will be buying into in the next 5 years. We didn't know much about it and came out with a complete understanding of the numbers and options available. If you go, you also get a nifty portfolio to take notes with tones of brochures for reference. You also get a DVC drawstring bag on your way out! (I always go for the freebees...) We were going to make an appointment to meet the reps later on but decided against it due to JUST getting married. :confused3 We also want to go to a hotel rep who can show us around and then haggle the price with. I feel like they give so many incentives on the cruise that you feel bad haggling down the price! We then wandered the ship for a little while admiring the detail before going to the afternoon showing of WISHES. I'm in love with every chandelier and lighting fixture on the ship! They are so beautifully detailed and sparkle something special!!

SO SPARKLY :scared1:

I've heard some people brag about how fun WISHES was, but I don't see the appeal. It had a cute storyline with the teens going off the college but it was a 5 minute story connected by a string of Disney songs that didn't really fit. I hate to say it but I almost fell asleep I was so bored. I love Disney shows on the ships but this one was so bland. It felt more like a Disney sing-a-long than a Broadway-caliber show. I personally like to see shows that have original appeal. That's what makes Disney's Believe, Disney's Wishes and Twice Charmed soooo good. Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I'll move along with the day... After WISHES in the afternoon, we had no desire to go to the evening show. We found much for appeal in the pool and AquaDuck!! lol But first we had a one of a kind experience! For our Remy dinner the night of St. Thomas we decided to get a special bottle of wine. I saw that some other DISers met with the sommelier, and we booked an appointment to do the same. We met with her in Meridian after the show. She sat down with us and showed us the regular wine list as well as the prize-winning Remy's Vault list. We were floored when we saw a bottle that cost $25,000! It was a Cheval Blanc made in 1947 so I guess that doesn't really surprise me. She gave us some wonderful recommendations and we ended up choosing a 2007 Pahlmeyer Chardonnay from the Vault. I think that's an experience I will never forget! :love:

Before dinner we went to the Quite Cove as well as the AquaDuck. We had so much fun on the AquaDuck that we did it at least five times in a row. It was also during the first dinner rotation so no one was there! We also had a lovely view of the sunset which made the experience amazing! You have to try the Aquaduck at night as well. It's so pretty with all the lights around the tube! :thumbsup2 After that we had our first dinner in The Enchanted Garden. This was my favorite restaurant out of all 3 main dining. The food was so fresh and colorful and there was a great selection of seafood that made our mouths water. The colors of the ceiling and landscape also change from a afternoon sky to a sunset to dusk. When dusk approaches, the flower lights on the ceiling open up! Such a great experience!!!

The rest of the night we spent in the room watching A Goofy Movie. Romantic, huh? We didn't feel like going to Mike Price the juggler because he's kind of a jerk. We saw him on the Magic last year and we weren't impressed by him and his insults to the ship as well as the Disney company. As always, here's the surprise bed display we found that night!! Next up, St. Martin!!!! :cool1:

The next morning we woke up as we were coming into St. Maartin. It's not as pretty as St. Thomas but it had it's charms! After a quick breakfast we headed out to the water taxi to get to the downtown area. The taxi was about $14 for both of us round trip, so not bad, and it was sponsored by Diamonds International which made it not as shady. We passed into downtown Philipsburg and found a woman with taxi to take us over to Maho Beach to see the airplanes land. We chose her because she knew the whole arrival schedule which means she drives people there and back for a living. Our taxi driver was very nice and she told us all about the island and her history with it. It took about 20 minutes to get to Maho Beach and she said she would pick us up at 1:15 after the large planes came in. The taxi ride there was only $20.

From our verandah

All the stickers in the water taxi :rotfl:

When we got there, noting was really flying in for an hour or so, so we decided to walk the beach and stake out our spots for the landings. I just wish that we brought our swimsuits. We didn't think we would be swimming but it was so hot and the water was so nice that I almost jumped in fully clothed! NOTE: wear LOTS of sunscreen! We were a little burnt after being out at the beach for 4-5 hours....

We sat on the beach for a while and a couple of little planes came over. Even seeing these small planes land was really cool! We had another 30 minutes until the big planes were set to arrive so we went over to the Sunset Bar & Grill to get some refreshments. It was nice to sit in the shade overlooking Maho Beach. They had a HUGE variety of drinks there too!! There was at least 20 drinks in each category of hard liquor. Kevin had a pina coloda and I had the Sunrise lemonade which was their current special. When we were about to finish up, the first large plane, Jet Blue, landed about 20 minutes earlier than expected. We quickly paid our bill and headed over to the beach to catch the next few that were early too.

Insel came next and after that we only waited another 10 minutes when the KLM from Amsterdam came into view. This is one of the largest airplane to land on St. Maartin and only comes in 2-3 times per week. We were very lucky to have seen it! As the small speck in the sky grew bigger, everyone on the beach started cheering for the plane. It was so massive that it felt like you could reach up and touch it as it went overhead. In the next set of pictures, I'll have a frontal view of KLM to see how massive it was before it took off again. It was also VERY loud. The rush of adrenaline after it passed over was incredible! This should be on everyone's bucket list!

While waiting for the next couple of planes, a pilot came up to my DH and asked him about his shirt that had planes on it. After my DH told him that he was a pilot too, they started chatting like old friends. It was really cool to meet a pilot who flies for British Airways and has his own small fleet in the British Virgin Islands! We then had a couple smaller Jet Blue and other planes pass over us. These were also early so make sure if you go to check to surfboard at the Sunset Bar & Grill for updated times!!

Kevin's new friend!

Don't forget to check the surfboard!!!!

Subscribing to your trip report ... Congratulations on your recent marriage.

Loving your trip report so far. We just returned from our first ever (much too short) 3 night Disney Dream cruise. I'm starting to take notes of what to do on our next cruise (hopefully a 7 night cruise).

Looking forward to reading more about your honeymoon ...

Subscribing to your trip report ... Congratulations on your recent marriage.

Loving your trip report so far. We just returned from our first ever (much too short) 3 night Disney Dream cruise. I'm starting to take notes of what to do on our next cruise (hopefully a 7 night cruise).

Looking forward to reading more about your honeymoon ...

Thank you and thanks for joining! Try to do the Eastern! Even the crew members say the Western is REALLY boring because the ports don't have nearly as much to do as the Eastern ports :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter