• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A&E - FP or RD

twirly123

Mouseketeer
I have FP for 10.35 for Day 2 for A&E, however having subscribed to touring plans, it is suggesting i give up the FP and instead meet A&E first at RD - we will be at the park for RD.

Does anyone have any views on whether this is sensible - my gut feeling is that its not, and i should keep the FP?

Has the A&E meet and greet (by way of FP+) started yet? If so, then there should be some feedback available as to what RD is like there. If it hasn't started yet, then we simply do not know what RD will be like and I would hesitate to take TP's advice on this because the folks there are just guessing at what the situation is like for RD'ers. Since every single slot is being booked in advance (other than perhaps some that are held back but will be gone within the first 5 minutes of the park opening), I am not sure how much room will be left for SB people to wiggle in to the line. We might be looking at a situation where the meet and greet is FP only. One option would be to keep your FP, arrive at RD and head straight to A&E. If the wait is not too bad, you can do the SB route and exchange your FP for something else. But I would hold onto that FP until you see reports here or elsewhere that reveal that arriving at RD is a viable strategy and results in a wait of 30 minutes or less. But frankly, I just don't see that happening unless you are literally the first person through the tapstile that day. Even then you could be in trouble. AT Epcot, the people who had early ADRs at Akershus built the line up to an hour even before RD. At the MK, you will have all the people with early ADRs at CRT and Crystal Palace. The total number of people with early ADRs at those two restaurants combined will dwarf the number of people who used Akershus as their path to A&E success. With the Mine Train set to open, and A&E moving to the MK, the pre-opening ADRs at CRT and CP will become the "next big things", even more than they already are. All those sullen fathers who have been holding spots in line in Norway are simply going to shift over to the MK nullifying much of the benefit of RD.

Has the A&E meet and greet (by way of FP+) started yet? If so, then there should be some feedback available as to what RD is like there. If it hasn't started yet, then we simply do not know what RD will be like and I would hesitate to take TP's advice on this because the folks there are just guessing at what the situation is like for RD'ers. Since every single slot is being booked in advance (other than perhaps some that are held back but will be gone within the first 5 minutes of the park opening), I am not sure how much room will be left for SB people to wiggle in to the line. We might be looking at a situation where the meet and greet is FP only. One option would be to keep your FP, arrive at RD and head straight to A&E. If the wait is not too bad, you can do the SB route and exchange your FP for something else. But I would hold onto that FP until you see reports here or elsewhere that reveal that arriving at RD is a viable strategy and results in a wait of 30 minutes or less. But frankly, I just don't see that happening unless you are literally the first person through the tapstile that day. Even then you could be in trouble. AT Epcot, the people who had early ADRs at Akershus built the line up to an hour even before RD. At the MK, you will have all the people with early ADRs at CRT and Crystal Palace. The total number of people with early ADRs at those two restaurants combined will dwarf the number of people who used Akershus as their path to A&E success. With the Mine Train set to open, and A&E moving to the MK, the pre-opening ADRs at CRT and CP will become the "next big things", even more than they already are. All those sullen fathers who have been holding spots in line in Norway are simply going to shift over to the MK nullifying much of the benefit of RD.

I am actually happy about this. We have a 8am CP ADR on a non-EMH day. We plan on hitting all of our favs early while everyone is busy running/waiting for A&E and the 7DMT. I am guessing it will be the slowest time to visit DH's fave Peter Pan all week! We do have a FP+ for A&E for later in the morning.

Thanks JimmyV - i think you are right and i will keep the FP for now then

I'm doing the same thing now too. We have a FP for early May but I'm waiting for some reviews once they move to MK on 4/20. Then, based on that, I'll make my decision to keep FP or go at RD!

I have FP for 10.35 for Day 2 for A&E, however having subscribed to touring plans, it is suggesting i give up the FP and instead meet A&E first at RD - we will be at the park for RD.

Does anyone have any views on whether this is sensible - my gut feeling is that its not, and i should keep the FP?

Keep your FP for Anna and Elsa. I love touringplans, but their software is not good at estimating wait times for meet and greets.

I would definitely keep your FP. Lines are likely to be long for them even with the pass.

What other things do you want to do that morning? You could always run to A&E and change your FP while waiting if the line is short.

I think we all need to play the wait and see game. Once they move there on April 20th and they are there for a few days we will have reports and be able to better "guess" at the lines.

DD is so excited to meet them that we have 2 FP+ during our stay!

I have FP for 10.35 for Day 2 for A&E, however having subscribed to touring plans, it is suggesting i give up the FP and instead meet A&E first at RD - we will be at the park for RD. Does anyone have any views on whether this is sensible - my gut feeling is that its not, and i should keep the FP?

There have been a few other blogs that worry the FP+ line will take longer than usual with A&E, so if the FP+ line will take longer and there are FP+ reservations starting at 9, then SB at rope drop may not do you a darn bit of good. Keep your FP+ and enjoy a couple of other attractions with your firs hour or so in the park.

There have been a few other blogs that worry the FP+ line will take longer than usual with A&E,

I have no doubt that this is true. Doom Buggies and Test Track cars board in a set, predictable manner. But meet and greets are amorphous. "OK. Now let's take a picture with just Susie. Now, one with Susie and mom. Now with Susie, mom and dad. Oh, wait. We need the "three generations" of Smythe women. Grandma, you get in there with mom and Susie. Now, Susie with just Elsa. Now, Ana and mom..." I know that the CMs are there to curtail this sort of thing, but there is only so much "influence" they can wield when dad is there saying sternly: "We waited 3 @#$%^ hours for this and are paying $200 for our $%^& photo pass thing-a-ma-jig. We are getting our photos and you are going to like it!"

I have no doubt that this is true. Doom Buggies and Test Track cars board in a set, predictable manner. But meet and greets are amorphous. "OK. Now let's take a picture with just Susie. Now, one with Susie and mom. Now with Susie, mom and dad. Oh, wait. We need the "three generations" of Smythe women. Grandma, you get in there with mom and Susie. Now, Susie with just Elsa. Now, Ana and mom..." I know that the CMs are there to curtail this sort of thing, but there is only so much "influence" they can wield when dad is there saying sternly: "We waited 3 @#$%^ hours for this and are paying $200 for our $%^& photo pass thing-a-ma-jig. We are getting our photos and you are going to like it!"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:lmao::lmao:

I am actually happy about this. We have a 8am CP ADR on a non-EMH day. We plan on hitting all of our favs early while everyone is busy running/waiting for A&E and the 7DMT. I am guessing it will be the slowest time to visit DH's fave Peter Pan all week! We do have a FP+ for A&E for later in the morning.

I have the exact same plan as you. I have a fast pass for A&E for after our BBB appointment later in the day.

I took an A & E FP at 3:05 on the day we leave..... everyone will be watching the FoF parade! I'm thinking it'll be perfect.

However I will see how it is at rd on our other 2 MK days. If I get in with limited wait, I'll just change my FP for another attraction.

I would not be surprised if the FoF parade has little impact on A&E. At best, it might be one less level of terrible.

I would hold onto your FP+ since you probably won't be able to get another FP+ if the RD plan doesn't work out. I tried to get FP+ at like 50 days out and wasn't able to get one. Although probably just as well because when I actually asked my son he told me that he doesn't want to see any princesses and my daughter could care less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter