A DVC vacation idea??

stay 8 days at AKV or 3 resorts in 3 days?

• AKV Only

• 3 different resorts(DH idea :) )

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you have a reservation at your home resort yet for that time frame? That may be the deciding factor - that and when you want to go. You really need to make a reservation at your home resort now if you don't have one, especially if you are going anytime in Nov, Dec or early Jan.

We don't like to move around. We'll get to try those other resorts some day, so we move in, unpack and stay until it's time to go home.

For cleaning, if you stay seven nights or fewer, you get your trash removed and your towels replaced on day four of your stay with check in day as Day one. If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four and trash removed and towels replaced on day eight.

I subscribe to the "Sit-Stay" method of vacation. I can't imagine that my DH or I would find moving in the middle of a vacation much fun.

but that is one of the things about DVC is all the flexibility that it allows it's members.

do you what fits your family:cool1:

Personally, I don't want to pack & move...and 8 nights is not that long IMO. IF I did a split it wouldn't be for any more than 2 resorts and we'd have to be staying for 10 nights so it would be 5 & 5.

FYI, If you want to try a night in a different resort, the easiest way is to try it at the beginning or end of the trip. We sometimes do a studio night at the beginning or end of a trip to conserve points and make our trip a little longer. We routinely stay 10 nights or more, and a small bag with the things needed for one night is pretty easy to handle, but the un packing and packing thing is the killer. Maybe we are strange, but we like to put things away in the drawers and closets so we aren't living out of a suitcase. Having to do that once in a 10 night trip would be bad enough, but twice would be a killer.

As someone said, you will have plenty of other DVC stays to check out those other resorts, so no need to do it all in one trip.

I voted for the split stay..good way to try resorts and plan a sit stay trip next time around. Tho I agree 2 resorts for the 8 days is better idea than 3. Take it from someone who did 7 resorts in 10 days!!

as far as homeless..it can be a problem , but we easily got around it. we sent our luggage out in the am to the next resort and headed to the park. we didnt worry about checking in until the eve when we were done at the parks

We have done splits the past 3 summers. The first year it was 5 nights SSR and 3 BWV. I felt like we really only had 2 days at BWV. The next summer we did a GREAT SPLIT. We did 8 at OKW followed by 5 at BCV. After it was said and done the 2nd time....we decided we prefer doing a split with at least 4 or 5 nights at each resort. It was nice the summer we did OKW/BCV.... it felt like two vacations. THEN last summer we went against those PREFERENCES completely.... :rotfl2: We stayed at Poly for 2 nights (dd request) followed by 5 nights at BCV and 2 at AKV. We were not at AKV enough. Plus.....that was WAY TOO MUCH MOVING. SO we are back to thinking WE PREFER SPLITS WITH AT LEAST 4 or 5 days at each resort. We loved loved loved AKV and wished we had stayed there longer. I will NEVER EVER EVER do a three way split unless I am down at WDW for 2 weeks. :thumbsup2

My vote STAY PUT!!!!! Although I know how you feel.....we wanted to try them all too and we have almost done that now. ;)

We've never done that but I think it would be really fun to do. Part of the reason we haven't and don't is because, even though we stay in a villa and have all of the amenaties, we still manage to bring tons of luggage. So, it would still be a hassle for us. Every trip we are trying to downsize a little bit more, so maybe eventually we will get there and be able to try that, too. I hope so!

Either stay at AKV or split only 2 AKV and BLT or AKV and BWV. 3 is way to much. We split alot because we don't do dining whole trip. Less than 3-4 nights I would'nt want to change. Even 10 -12 days, I wouldnt do 3 different.

Yes yes yes we LOVE split stays....although I couldn't vote on your poll because I recommend just doing your stay between two resorts.

Three resorts is just too much moving around IMO (we've done three before).

As you can see from my signature, we are split stay experts! Our record is 5 resorts in 16 days, and that was with a baby (10 months old) and a just turning 5 year old! No problems at all!

It's easy peesy if you are organized and tidy so room doesn't require too much work. You call the luggage fairies, they whisk your luggage to next resort, you go to parks to play, and voila, once you return to new resort, you can check in and call bell services who will deliver your bags.

We love staying at multiple resorts, Tiger :)

We've done a few split stays, but never more than two resorts in one trip. We're doing two resorts on our upcoming trip, and that's the max we want to be moving. You do lose park time the morning of your switch, so that's something to consider.

On our upcoming trip, we're doing Friday and Saturday nights in an AKV value studio to save points, then we're switching over to BLT for five nights.

We have done split stays but only for longer trips. I would cut it down to just two resorts. Are you using all your 2011 points you may want to bank some for your 2012 stay. Get ahead while you can:rolleyes:

Denise in MI

I would limit a split stay to 2 resorts. We did a split last summer, one night concierge at AKV so we could do the Sunrise safari(GREAT!!) and then moved to SSR our home resort. We did not have any real problems other than the kids wanted to stay at AKV Conceirge level!!:rotfl: If you want to try different resorts, pick 2 this time and 2 the next time...you have 40 years to get all of the resorts in!:wizard: If you are going to do the split stay, have bell services move you, then you are free to go to the parks.

Have fun!!

We've done 3 resorts in a 7 night stay before and it worked out fine, but I voted NO, especially for your first stay at DVC.

The only reason we did 3 in one is because we rented a 5nt from another member (before we were members) and then decided to extend our vacation by one day on either side.

We HAVE done 2 resorts---and that I think you might enjoy that, staying 4nts at each.

We just did 3 resorts in 6 nights this past November. It was a LOT of packing up and unpacking- and it was further complicated by the 2nd stay being off property at HRH- but that's the situation that worked best for us. I loved being able to check out different resorts (we've been members since 2007 and have managed to stay at all of them, including HHI & VB, except VWL and VGC so far)....but I am SOOOOO over the packing thing, and now am looking forward to stays where we just STAY PUT! :thumbsup2 If you do it, i think it is key to stay very organized and just have the mindset of "and then I will pack up, call BS, send the luggage and get it later". If you are geared up for it, it won't be all that bad- good luck!

We have done a split stay but never more than two resorts. Three stays in an 8 day period??? The split I'd consider is from DH!!:rotfl::rotfl:

In a month we're doing a 1nt Pop, 3nt BLT, 5nt AKV... with a 1yo... :lmao: I think we're crazy myself but it was a compromise of some sort btw DH & I. DH wanted to try BLT and I wanted to do a 1br (now that we have DD I NEED washer/dryer!!!) but to cheap to pay BLT points for it.

THEN we added 1 night because we got a better flight tix and couldn't get availability at BLT... that made the Pop night addition.
OY VEY!

I personally don't like moving resorts during vacation unless absolutely necessary, since I do 90% of the packing in our family... but we gotta do what we gotta do! I just have to be overly organized this time around.

But really, Disney made it pretty painless to move resorts. As long as you don't mind extra packing, unpacking, tipping (possibly), checking in, and being "homeless" as a PP said for several hours you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter