......a DREAMy 16th

ladypoo

DIS Veteran
…….a DREAMy 16th Birthday

A continuation of our Land and Sea Vacation. Just a brief introduction, we are a family of 4, all are Disney and Disney cruise vets. We have been on several different length cruises, 3,4,7and 14 days. Bahama, Caribbean, Panama and TransAtlantic cruises, all with Disney.

Who we are: Me Ladypoo travel planner and grandmother(MaMa)

Misti no DIS title, but is Mommy to

Dominique oldest grandaughter/daughter who just turned 16 and

Faith youngest having turned 9 earlier in the year.

Where we live: Just about as far away from WDW and The Cruise line as possible. 33 miles above the Arctic Circle in Northwest Alaska, a very small town out on the Bering Sea, no roads in or out of town,so we have to fly in and out of here. Our closest “city” is Anchorage and it is 500 airmiles away.

What/When cruise are we doing: We are doing a very short 3 night cruise from Cape Canaveral. Leaving on July 29th and returning on August 1,2016. We haven’t cruised in over 6 years, so we are quite excited!!! Well, me and Mommy are. The girls don't know about it!!!! It’s a Surprise for Dominique’s 16th Birthday.

Why: as above, haven't cruised in 6 years, we are already going to be home for the dates, so save on extra airline tickets. and Because we LOVE Disney!!!

Plans so far!!!

Choosing the date was pretty simple, we had to be in the south to save on airline tickets. Choosing between before or after the WDW portion of the trip was the hardest. Hmmm 3 nights or 4, balcony or inside, before or after!!! We decided on a verandah room on the 5th deck. Seems to be pretty close to everything and especially the kids club that the 9 year old will hopefully find fun! We got room 5150, which supposedly has the deeper verandah, so we will find out!! Lots of pictures and such will be forthcoming. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Looking at and perusing the DCL website, it was decided to do the cruise after WDW, we had already made reservations for the WDW portion of the trip. We had one night/day to kill between our trips, so we decided to just stay in Central Florida an extra night and drive over to Port canaveral the day before the cruise, find a hotel/motel to stay and rest for one day. More decisions, where to stay. We have narrowed it down to the Raddison at the port or one of the many other places!!! See how good my decisions are!!! So here we are.

PreCruise day 1: Check out of the hotel and drive over to Port Canaveral, check into unknown hotel and let the girls swim, rest whatever, while the adults get things resituated into luggage to take on board.

Cruise day 1: Hopefully get to the port relatively early and get onboard. Exploring the Dream. It is our 1st time on the new class ships!!!

Cruise day 2: Nassau: we don't plan on leaving the ship here, Not overly crazy of Nassau, so will treat this as a sea day. Let the girls run amok!!! No way. Not happening. Exploring the ship, riding the AquaDuck and swimming, and just in general being LAZY!!!!

Cruise day 3: CastawayCay: enjoy a leisurely breakfast, after watching the ship dock,of course!! Taking our time leaving the ship and making our way to the beach for a few hours of rest and relaxation!!! LOL!!! don't think that is going to happen with a 9 and 16 year old!! Then back on the ship and get ready for evening happenings!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 27
  • kotzebue.jpg
    kotzebue.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

…….a DREAMy 16th Birthday

A continuation of our Land and Sea Vacation. Just a brief introduction, we are a family of 4, all are Disney and Disney cruise vets. We have been on several different length cruises, 3,4,7and 14 days. Bahama, Caribbean, Panama and TransAtlantic cruises, all with Disney.

Who we are: Me Ladypoo travel planner and grandmother(MaMa)

Misti no DIS title, but is Mommy to

Dominique oldest grandaughter/daughter who just turned 16 and

Faith youngest having turned 9 earlier in the year.

Where we live: Just about as far away from WDW and The Cruise line as possible. 33 miles above the Arctic Circle in Northwest Alaska, a very small town out on the Bering Sea, no roads in or out of town,so we have to fly in and out of here. Our closest “city” is Anchorage and it is 500 airmiles away.

What/When cruise are we doing: We are doing a very short 3 night cruise from Cape Canaveral. Leaving on July 29th and returning on August 1,2016. We haven’t cruised in over 6 years, so we are quite excited!!! Well, me and Mommy are. The girls don't know about it!!!! It’s a Surprise for Dominique’s 16th Birthday.

Why: as above, haven't cruised in 6 years, we are already going to be home for the dates, so save on extra airline tickets. and Because we LOVE Disney!!!

Plans so far!!!

Choosing the date was pretty simple, we had to be in the south to save on airline tickets. Choosing between before or after the WDW portion of the trip was the hardest. Hmmm 3 nights or 4, balcony or inside, before or after!!! We decided on a verandah room on the 5th deck. Seems to be pretty close to everything and especially the kids club that the 9 year old will hopefully find fun! We got room 5150, which supposedly has the deeper verandah, so we will find out!! Lots of pictures and such will be forthcoming. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Looking at and perusing the DCL website, it was decided to do the cruise after WDW, we had already made reservations for the WDW portion of the trip. We had one night/day to kill between our trips, so we decided to just stay in Central Florida an extra night and drive over to Port canaveral the day before the cruise, find a hotel/motel to stay and rest for one day. More decisions, where to stay. We have narrowed it down to the Raddison at the port or one of the many other places!!! See how good my decisions are!!! So here we are.

PreCruise day 1: Check out of the hotel and drive over to Port Canaveral, check into unknown hotel and let the girls swim, rest whatever, while the adults get things resituated into luggage to take on board.

Cruise day 1: Hopefully get to the port relatively early and get onboard. Exploring the Dream. It is our 1st time on the new class ships!!!

Cruise day 2: Nassau: we don't plan on leaving the ship here, Not overly crazy of Nassau, so will treat this as a sea day. Let the girls run amok!!! No way. Not happening. Exploring the ship, riding the AquaDuck and swimming, and just in general being LAZY!!!!

Cruise day 3: CastawayCay: enjoy a leisurely breakfast, after watching the ship dock,of course!! Taking our time leaving the ship and making our way to the beach for a few hours of rest and relaxation!!! LOL!!! don't think that is going to happen with a 9 and 16 year old!! Then back on the ship and get ready for evening happenings!!!
I am following along. I love that you are a planner, as am I.

Completed the online check in today!! it is getting closer and closer. As much as I have read on the DIS and other places, I didn't realize that Platinum cruisers didn't have to get a time to be at the ship!! I was thoroughly surprised at that.
Along with completing the online check-in, we made arrangements to stay at the WDW on Thursday night and drive over to the coast on Friday. Will get up and get stuff situated to go on ship and what to leave in our vehicle. More than likely will park at the port.

Sounds like a great vacation!! I guess that the one picture is an aerial view of your town? It does look very remote! How many hours do you have to spend traveling to get to Orlando?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter