A Dream is a Wish my Visa Makes.... stories & pictures from shopping & laughing

LOVE the pick-a-pearl! I have always wanted to do that, I might just have to bite the bullet and spend the money on the next trip! LOVE Allie's sunglasses! Hope you had a great Easter!

I know you have seen my Trip Report... and now I just found yours! I'm only on chapter 10 but I LOVEE it so far. I love how you're obsessed with all of the pink, girly, and princessy things, as well as photography.. just like me! :) I can't wait to finish reading this tomorrow :thumbsup2

I don't blame you for leaving your camera behind, it can get so hot in AK especially and I wouldn't want to carry around any extra weight either!!

Glad you guys had a great family breakfast!! :goodvibes

:offtopic: I know, I know- off on a tangent again. But because I dont really need my arm twisted *that* much to talk about shoes, I took a few pics of the shoes/boots I bought in Italy. Im still coveting a particular pair of strappy / open toe wedge beauties that I didnt end up buying...

So ill let you know if I cave and get them ;)

I took the pictures quick'n a hurry today, so theyre just on the bed in front of a window for some natural light (best to keep the colors truer to real life!) and if you look closely, you'll see the 40th Anniversary Mickey ears my parents brought back for me last month, over my bedside lamp.

Okay, first- my tried and true favorites. First purchase, grey leather boots. They are so comfy and tie in the back just below the knee. Very cute. I wore them a ton while I was over there, and my dark jeans started to rub off on the leather!
316Q3576.jpg

316Q3575.jpg

Next: Second pair of white -almost- knee height boots. They are hot, in that military might try with white shorts and a khaki jacket kind of way. However, it is not fashion-timing-appropriate yet to wear white, and it has been a mud pit in MA with all this rain. I have yet to wear them at all... but I cant wait to
316Q3568.jpg

316Q3571.jpg

Now, we're merging from boot to heel. Heres my halfway point :laughing: Heel Boots.
316Q3578.jpg

316Q3583.jpg

Last but not least (I know, it was hard not to bring back more.... but American Express was beginning to think someone stole my credit card. That... and I was going to be staring a divorce in the eye when I got home!) The black patent leather stiletto. *sigh. The "Cab-Shoe" as we call it. I will probably avoid walking more than 100 steps anywhere in the skyhigh platforms, but they just look .... so.... good... on
316Q3585.jpg

316Q3588.jpg

I have one more surprise to show you -- but not yet! I cant wait to share it, but want it to be a surprise when its totally finished. To peak your interest, lets just say Cinderella has nothing on me. I found my own glass slipper ;)

Arrivederci

Love the pictures, and can't wait to read more about your Disney trip.
C'mon, Yoda- where's the update? ;)

I know - completely left the band wagon... I have tons more pictures too... I think after I finish the story of the basic TR, im going to just have to post the rest of my 'random' pics. Can you tell Im new at this? (Also, its POURING driving rain here right now-- Im sure youre down to counting HOURS till you get out of here. Take lots of sunny pictures for me!!)

I know... Sometimes I need a swift kick to get back on track. I can be a real procrastinator

I love your pick-a-pearl. It is such a cute thing to do.
I LOVE, LOVE the wedding & Italy pics! I could look at your pics all day!

I was just saying that! Im new to writing a TR - so I think next time I go i'll be much better prepared, taking pictures to keep the storyline straight & posting them in order. I still have at least a batch or two of pictures I can post after the report is done... and now I have so many ideas, I have to go back again! Thinking of you today doll, and hope your Lasik is smooth as ever :hug:

LOVE the pick-a-pearl! I have always wanted to do that, I might just have to bite the bullet and spend the money on the next trip! LOVE Allie's sunglasses! Hope you had a great Easter!

Thanks sweetpea, I DID have a great Easter. Mom wrapped my easter basket in Disney Princess cellophane! The pick a pearl is actually only (...I believe) $16? and the carriage cage necklace I found on ebay for like... $7, and I like it more than a lot of the options out there in Epcot. I can try dig up the link if you'd like it!

I know you have seen my Trip Report... and now I just found yours! I'm only on chapter 10 but I LOVEE it so far. I love how you're obsessed with all of the pink, girly, and princessy things, as well as photography.. just like me! :) I can't wait to finish reading this tomorrow :thumbsup2

Thanks for coming over- took me a few days to read yours too, and I'm so glad I did :cutie: We'll have to exchange tips on cute pink things and photos. The one you caught of the stage show in MK (dancers all in air) was right on point! Nice!!

I don't blame you for leaving your camera behind, it can get so hot in AK especially and I wouldn't want to carry around any extra weight either!!

Glad you guys had a great family breakfast!! :goodvibes

Animal Kingdom can get (as my family calls it) "Africa Hot". That type of hot where you can see wavy lines coming off the ground and your body feels weak... woof. In the future, maybe ill start using my iphone pics instead :laughing: Thanks for making me feel better- I definitely learned a lesson for next time at least... if you dont take pictures... you will lose track of what happened that day, delay a chunk of your TR, and people will get the hint. /sigh Thanks Shannon!!

Right? I justified the spending. :yay: Every woman needs a shoe closet. Glad to see you pop up & hope to hear more from you! <3

Haha yeah... I blame finishing my last semester at college and planning a wedding on my lurkdom. Where did you get the Cinderella carriage necklace?? It's so pretty!

I just popped in from a few month departure on the DisBoards and found your TR. We are from Medway Ma and I had a laugh when I saw that you guys flew out of Green as that is our favorite airport ! My 4 year old thinks that Southwest airplanes only fly to Mickey's house. We are patiently awaiting the arrival of our second baby in June and I am trying to debate the 'how young is too young to take a baby to disney?'

You are such a talented photographer. I am in love with photography and like yourself I am always behind the camera !

I can't wait to hear more and see more from you!

Best of luck this summer wedding season. We spend lots of time on the beaches of the cape and RI ... maybe we will catch your shutterbug there :)

I am a bootoholic & I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those boots!!!
Looking at those pictures makes me want to go out shopping & look for some.
My Visa card says 'thank you'.
Seriously, we're wearing white down here in the South. Just send those boots down here & I'll break them in for you until you get better weather! :laughing:

I don't have a pair of black stiletto's, but I'm thinking I need to get a pair.

I can't wait for the surprise!

I'm not sure why I thought pick-a-pearl was like $30 :rolleyes1, but it doesn't sound too bad! I'll definitely do it next time! O..M....G.....I would be DANGEROUS in a shoe store! The only downside for me is that I can't wear women's shoes :( :( So I have to get my heels custom made :mad: I can sometimes fit in a 5, if i'm lucky! I've been lusting after these heels! I think i'll just bite the bullet and pay the $115 for them, since they come in a 4, which will definitely fit me!
_6377988.jpg

These are my dream shoes! For $4,000 :scared1::scared1::scared1::eek: :eek: I may never own these, but, can't a girl dream :love::cutie:
3100959_CN06_big.png

Sooooo not only do I need you to be my photographer, but also personal shopper, I LOVE all of the shoes you got, especially the first two pairs of boots!! I can't wear heels very often due to a stress fracture in my foot from running...so I love to see something fashionable and not painful to walk in!!!!

All I could think of when I was looking at your purchases is "Jasmine is going to have to go with empty suitcases":cool1::lmao: She is gonna die when she sees the boots.....

You did good girl!!

I just stumbled on your trip report and started reading, had to tell you how much I love it so far! Your photos are wonderful, and you're a lovely storyteller. I loved seeing your home office too, it's too cute. Thanks for a great trip report for me to live vicariously through :teeth:

Great taste in footwear!!! lol I love them all and I do not have a pair of black stilettos either, why is that?? I have been looking though, for about 6 months now, they have to be perfect! Never know when I will need them.....:rolleyes1
The boots are perfect, I am always on a boot hunt as well. I guess I need to quit all these Disney trips and go to Italy!!

Perfect perfect!!

Haha yeah... I blame finishing my last semester at college and planning a wedding on my lurkdom. Where did you get the Cinderella carriage necklace?? It's so pretty!

Blame whatever you need to, Im just glad youre here now! I actually found the necklace on Ebay. Search Carriage Pearl Necklace or something like that... I didnt pay more than $7 or $8 for it, and its perfect, came with a chain and everything. If you cant find it- shoot me a message, I think I saved the link to it somewhere or have it in my email.

I just popped in from a few month departure on the DisBoards and found your TR. We are from Medway Ma and I had a laugh when I saw that you guys flew out of Green as that is our favorite airport ! My 4 year old thinks that Southwest airplanes only fly to Mickey's house. We are patiently awaiting the arrival of our second baby in June and I am trying to debate the 'how young is too young to take a baby to disney?'

You are such a talented photographer. I am in love with photography and like yourself I am always behind the camera !

I can't wait to hear more and see more from you!

Best of luck this summer wedding season. We spend lots of time on the beaches of the cape and RI ... maybe we will catch your shutterbug there :)

Hi Medway Johnson! You know my MA weather-woes too, then. Bah. I actually had the "how young is too young" debate with my mother and husband the other day. My mom thinks I should try and hold out until my children (of which I have none yet) are at least 6 or 7, so they can understand and have the power of feeling the magic for the first time. Between you and I? If they make it to 4 or 5 without going its a miracle. Let me know what you guys decide and points on your own debate!

Thanks for the luck- we have almost 50 weddings in the book between now and November 25th. Yeesh. Ill come up for air during the week and post more favorite pics! Thank you so much for the compliment~ and I hope to catch you this summer!

I am a bootoholic & I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those boots!!!
Looking at those pictures makes me want to go out shopping & look for some.
My Visa card says 'thank you'.
Seriously, we're wearing white down here in the South. Just send those boots down here & I'll break them in for you until you get better weather! :laughing:

I don't have a pair of black stiletto's, but I'm thinking I need to get a pair.

I can't wait for the surprise!

1) Bootaholic? Word is officially stolen. Lets make a support group.
2) No. Black. Stilettos? Woman... they make ANYTHING look good. Channel your inner Hepburn and at least get one pair!
3) Instead of sending the boots, Ill send you the shop name in Italy and you can do a little Adventures by Disney shopping instead!
<3

I'm not sure why I thought pick-a-pearl was like $30 :rolleyes1, but it doesn't sound too bad! I'll definitely do it next time! O..M....G.....I would be DANGEROUS in a shoe store! The only downside for me is that I can't wear women's shoes :( :( So I have to get my heels custom made :mad: I can sometimes fit in a 5, if i'm lucky! I've been lusting after these heels! I think i'll just bite the bullet and pay the $115 for them, since they come in a 4, which will definitely fit me!

Wow, thats crazy. I have a small foot (6), but I can still fit womens. I dont know what I would do if I couldnt. Even if Im wearing jeans I tend to rock a sweet shoe or loud sneaker. I guess its different for everyone. :goodvibes Keep your eyes on the prize with those Louboutins - I went to Vegas and ended up wearing Barbie Pink ones at my wedding, so anything is possible!

Oh my god! Glass Slipper!!!? I need to see this!

You soooooo do. Its my spaz-overachiever project of the month. Omigosh they're amazing. I cant wait to show you, I might go take the pics right now just to get it up this morning!!! I thought of you guys specifically when I posted the teaser! xxoo (YOUR TRIP IS SO SOON)

Sooooo not only do I need you to be my photographer, but also personal shopper, I LOVE all of the shoes you got, especially the first two pairs of boots!! I can't wear heels very often due to a stress fracture in my foot from running...so I love to see something fashionable and not painful to walk in!!!!

Girlfriend, you are in the RIGHT place. I can do both of those things, and I promise you we'll rock it out. Maybe we should make some fabulous chuck taylors for you to wear instead? Punk Princess style.

All I could think of when I was looking at your purchases is "Jasmine is going to have to go with empty suitcases":cool1::lmao: She is gonna die when she sees the boots.....

You did good girl!!

Thanks!! The Dollar/Euro conversion is kind of rough, so just make sure she brings plenty of $$ to the bank and converts it before she leaves. Ive heard all about your Ooneys and Tooneys (Twoney?) whatever.... Convert Them!!! Or bring an AmEx, they have the lowest charge % when internationally charged, and I swiped mine until the strip wore off. Then lived in denial ;)

I just stumbled on your trip report and started reading, had to tell you how much I love it so far! Your photos are wonderful, and you're a lovely storyteller. I loved seeing your home office too, it's too cute. Thanks for a great trip report for me to live vicariously through :teeth:

Thank you for reading along and choosing to get swept in! Im very lucky to have people here (like you) who will in turn share with me as well. It really helps feel like a part of the community, and pass time with DISthusiasts when you feel like no one else understands. :cutie: Glad, SO glad, to have you.

Love Love Love the shoes!! :lovestruc

I can't wait to see the surprise.

Thanks - I cant wait to share them with you!!

Great taste in footwear!!! lol I love them all and I do not have a pair of black stilettos either, why is that?? I have been looking though, for about 6 months now, they have to be perfect! Never know when I will need them.....:rolleyes1
The boots are perfect, I am always on a boot hunt as well. I guess I need to quit all these Disney trips and go to Italy!!

Perfect perfect!!

Black is tough, and its so versatile that choosing just one isnt enough! I have several- so you should too! (See that? Thats called an enabler. Im tell you to spend it since you NEED it! :laughing:) I have black patent leather, black satin peep toe, black TStrap (<-- classic!), black Mary Jane, and one black designer pair.

..... but I NEEDED them. They're definitley a wardrobe asset, and good shoes make a cheap outfit look designer. I swear. I wore a pair of expensive shoes with a plain trench coat and cheap F21 sundress, and everyone was telling me how chic I was. Honestly? The whole outfit cost less than one of the shoes!

Go to Disney AND Italy - doesnt Adventures by Disney do a Rome route?

I love it!! You are my 'enabler'!!! hahaha :rotfl:
Well come on now, it could be worse right?? so enable away, I do NEED some great new shoes. I will be the 'sparkliest' gal at the grocery store. :rotfl2:

Such a fun idea!!! I love this board. It's ugly and rainy out and I am smiling anyways. Thank you!!!

The story goes something like this:

I had always wanted a pair of glass slippers, just like Cinderella. The sparkly heels that changed her life and opened the doorway to Princess-life. While buying my wedding shoes in Las Vegas, I fell in love with a pair of pink cutout Christian Louboutins with gold aurora borealis swarovski crystals. I almost hurled myself on the ground and sold everything in my possession to own them... however, the cost was too high. I had already justified the barbie pink Louboutins, and as it was, they were expensive.

Alas, here they are in all their glory - and they are what started my quest: However, $2500 for shoes was not going to happen.... Thats not to say I didnt spend $50 gambling in Vegas to try and hit the "its meant to be, destiny, fate" lotto. I ended up with no shoes, and $50 in the red.
Louboutin.jpg

I ended up leaving with these babies instead, the Hyper Prive slingbacks in shocking pink satin. I was happy and grateful, but I never forgot the way the original ones sparkled.
60527_429272046885_507201885_5511494_7698471_n.jpg

So- fast forward to my 26th Birthday. I wanted my own glass slippers... and I knew I still couldnt pay over 2k for them... so I was going to have to make them. I found these patent-leather type gray slingbacks, for $20 in my size... and started my mission. After checking out many different crystals from Swarovski wholesale, I settled for Aquamarine blue. It was my birth stone, and it was the color that seemed closest to "Glass Slipper" blue. 10+ Hours later (over several days), with one glue mishap and a stiff neck... I had these babies. My first attempt at sparkly shoes! Certainly, not to be my last. I already want gray ones and hot pink ones!

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg

You can see I started to do the heel, however decided against it. For some reason I liked it better without the heel done - and I had already glued on over two thousand crystals! There are some small gaps, since I used two different sizes- but I think its a great first attempt. I think my next ones will be even better, and ill buy 3 different sizes to better fill in the gaps!

shoe4.jpg

shoes3.jpg

So thats my story - my glass slippers are all set to go for our next visit to WDW. I hope Cinderella eats her heart out! I just want to go somewhere magical for dinner wearing these, maybe walk around with them glittering in the lights of Main Street - and then put them back on the shelf in my closet. Arent they pretty?! I couldnt wait to show you! They sparkle so much, I wanted to take a video, but thought that might be overkill :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter