A Dream (Cruise) Is a Wish Your Heart Made! *UPDATE 9/30 See Ya Real Soon

pirate:Pirate Night pirate:

If you read any of my PTR you already know how much we were all looking forward to Pirate Night!

As you can imagine I planned out every detail of the kids outfits and even a bound for myself. Getting DH to wear his Mickey bandanna was enough. ;)

The kids were Zarina the Pirate Fairy fairy from the newest Tinkerbell :tinker: movie (at the time) & Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. I had planned a Tinkerbell bound. A word of advise/rookie mistake: Try Your Bounds on at Home in Their Entirety! Do NOT pack them for the parks or cruises without taking a look at the whole thing all together first. Sigh.

I put on the green one shoulder top & green ruffled skirt and before I could put my hair in the bun I got a glimpse of my reflection! YIKES. :eek: That was a no go. So, I went with my back up plan: Mickey bandanna, boat t-shirt, jeans, boots & eye patch.

Thank goodness, I packed a plan B. It was BAD.

Moving on, here's a Pirate eating popcorn.

DH took one of the paper lids off the glasses to make it an eye patch (it didn't hold up well)

Here are my little buccaneers (minus DS's mask, hat & coat still because we were headed to the theater)

Then my band of scalawags headed for the Villains show! :maleficen

We got turned around somehow because we went to the non-accessible entrance first or something to that affect & while we were scurrying back to the elevator worried we bumped into an elderly lady as confused as we were. Lost grandmas were a big problem that day. :rotfl:Not to worry she found her family.

We were a few minutes late :guilty: but managed to get 2 sets of 2 seats one in front of the other just as the Hades begun describing his dilemma. Both kids & DH and I loved it. It was just as fun as the last time I'd seen it. I'm not sure why it gets such bad press.

After the show, DS ran back to the room to grab the rest of his pirate attire & the rest of us headed for the D lounge where Jack Sparrow would be appearing shortly.

It felt like we stood in there FOREVER & DS wasn't back. So we had a little comic repeat of the movie theater on the first day. DH went out and not even 30 seconds later DS walked in!

We were beyond excited to see how he'd react to DS. (I know RR is scary blurry, but I want you to have an idea what DS looked like before I continue)

Just before the posted time Jack Sparrow staggered in! He was...well...WOW...phew! He made his way slowly to his spot scoping out the line and making remarks here and there. I had RR's wings in my lap at the moment and my flushed face turned toward the kids when I heard "Nice wings, Madam." I smiled at Jack and then he noticed DS and did a small jump back. He did an about face and walked to his spot without looking back. Amazing.

This was going to be (to borrow my DS's term) Epic! One more piece of advice: if you're taking your DS dressed as Davy Jones to see Jack Sparrow have someone video the encounter DH & I were so mad at ourselves!

Next Up: Captain Jack Sparrow!

Last edited:
What a cute pirate eating popcorn!

Sorry your tink outfit didn't make the cut! But lucky you had a backup!

Can't wait to hear all about your jack sparrow meet! Best pirate ever.....

Omg, so glad i started reading this trip report, loving it so far, your kids are so cute. We are off on our very first cruise Oct 2016. We are sailing on the Disney Dream also for 4 nights leaving on Halloween night ( hoping its a themed sailing ) Our kids will be 6, 4, 2 We are so looking forward to it.

What a cute pirate eating popcorn!

Sorry your tink outfit didn't make the cut! But lucky you had a backup!

Can't wait to hear all about your jack sparrow meet! Best pirate ever.....

I couldn't stop laughing about that, "it's a pirate eating popcorn!" pirate: popcorn:: I was still pretty new to Disneybounding so I'm positive I could rock an amazing Tink outfit next cruise. :tink:

Isn't he just the BEST! Sigh, get ready to love him more than you thought possible...

Loving your report! Your little ones are adorable!

Thanks! pixiedust:

It sounds as if you had a fantastic meet with Captain Jack

Oh, I'm just getting to that! It was the BEST part of our trip :love:

Omg, so glad i started reading this trip report, loving it so far, your kids are so cute. We are off on our very first cruise Oct 2016. We are sailing on the Disney Dream also for 4 nights leaving on Halloween night ( hoping its a themed sailing ) Our kids will be 6, 4, 2 We are so looking forward to it.

:welcome: You're going to have an amazing time! I'm so jealous, Halloween on the High Seas is totally on my bucket list!

Captain Jack Sparrow (AKA the most amazing part of the whole trip)

The other people in line were freaking out about DS costume! They even took pictures with him. Here's the full version he wore for Halloween.

We made the hat (hand made barnacles and all), bought the mask, added barnacles to the coat, added wood carvings of tentacles to the dead man's chest, bought the tentacle fingers, the pirate t-shirt is from the Disney store and then we distressed a pair of pants (holes & dirt). It really was remarkable.

The line moved rather quickly and it helped that Jack was super entertaining (and attractive...sigh) Right before us he was chatting with these little girls and he followed them waving towards the door with his back to us.

AND THEN

He turned and saw DS and without missing a beat fled the room in terror!

Everyone in line was cracking up. It was perfect.
So we waited...

And waited..

Then Jack "snuck" back in the door and hid! Everyone DH & I included were laughing historically. Then he tried to sneak out of his hiding place holding a book over his face!

But he peaked over to see if Davy Jones aka DS was still there and he tripped over his own feet!

Jack got to his feet and proclaimed "No photo." The photographer (Who I assure you was the ONLY one in the room not LOVING this) assured him it was a mask & he cautiously approached. "A mask?"

He prodded hesitantly at DS mask

And then asked for reassurance again

After some convincing he did pose for the picture, but he kept as much distance as possible.

When the picture had been taken he said "Now go!" and turned around to get the people behind us in line. We called DS over to stand with us and sent RR for her turn. When the PP let him know there was one more photo to take he wheeled around and looked at RR and said "Oh THIS IS more like it!" He bent down to RR's level and then noticed Davy Jones aka DS hadn't left and he hid behind my little pirate fairy! He calmed down and took a picture with her though.

Afterwards RR explained pixie dust to Jack. He was very interested in where he could obtain some. So perfect!

We started walking out glowing with happiness at how amazing that had all been. When we got through the door we heard loud laughter and turned around to see Jack trying to shut and lock the doors behind us! Amazing.
Now you know why we wished we'd been video tapping. We all thought it was the best thing that happened on the trip (and said so on the little survey card).

Oh my GOSH!!! I DO love him more now then I thought possible! That has to be the best meet ever! What an awesome awesome meet! Davy Jones looks amazing (way to go on the costume mom!!) and your pirate fairy looks adorable with Jack! Awesome!!!!

Joining in and loving it!!!! Your children are beautiful and you have given me inspiration to DisneyBound. :yo-yo:

This is so awesome - I feel like I'm on the ship with you!

We're going on the Dream on August 28 for a three night cruise. Our older DD went to Disneyland with us when she was about 6, but doesn't remember a whole lot. My favorite part of that trip was watching her reactions to meeting the characters.

397307_826104892643_1468126077_n.jpg

Now she'll be two weeks away from 10 when we cruise so she'll definitely have more memories! She's still super into Disney, though she's getting more into the "older" stuff (Marvel, etc.).

The younger DD will be 2. She loves everything big sis does, which includes Disney. Especially Tinkerbell! I cannot wait to see her reactions.

This will be our first Disney cruise. I'M SO EXCITED!

Love the reaction your DS received from Jack!! Can't wait to read more about your trip :thumbsup2

Capt jack sounds like he was awesome :-)

Captain Jack Sparrow (AKA the most amazing part of the whole trip)

The other people in line were freaking out about DS costume! They even took pictures with him. Here's the full version he wore for Halloween.

We made the hat (hand made barnacles and all), bought the mask, added barnacles to the coat, added wood carvings of tentacles to the dead man's chest, bought the tentacle fingers, the pirate t-shirt is from the Disney store and then we distressed a pair of pants (holes & dirt). It really was remarkable.

The line moved rather quickly and it helped that Jack was super entertaining (and attractive...sigh) Right before us he was chatting with these little girls and he followed them waving towards the door with his back to us.

AND THEN

He turned and saw DS and without missing a beat fled the room in terror!

Everyone in line was cracking up. It was perfect.
So we waited...

And waited..

Then Jack "snuck" back in the door and hid! Everyone DH & I included were laughing historically. Then he tried to sneak out of his hiding place holding a book over his face!

But he peaked over to see if Davy Jones aka DS was still there and he tripped over his own feet!

Jack got to his feet and proclaimed "No photo." The photographer (Who I assure you was the ONLY one in the room not LOVING this) assured him it was a mask & he cautiously approached. "A mask?"

He prodded hesitantly at DS mask

And then asked for reassurance again

After some convincing he did pose for the picture, but he kept as much distance as possible.

When the picture had been taken he said "Now go!" and turned around to get the people behind us in line. We called DS over to stand with us and sent RR for her turn. When the PP let him know there was one more photo to take he wheeled around and looked at RR and said "Oh THIS IS more like it!" He bent down to RR's level and then noticed Davy Jones aka DS hadn't left and he hid behind my little pirate fairy! He calmed down and took a picture with her though.

Afterwards RR explained pixie dust to Jack. He was very interested in where he could obtain some. So perfect!

We started walking out glowing with happiness at how amazing that had all been. When we got through the door we heard loud laughter and turned around to see Jack trying to shut and lock the doors behind us! Amazing.
Now you know why we wished we'd been video tapping. We all thought it was the best thing that happened on the trip (and said so on the little survey card).

Oh my GOSH!!! I DO love him more now then I thought possible! That has to be the best meet ever! What an awesome awesome meet! Davy Jones looks amazing (way to go on the costume mom!!) and your pirate fairy looks adorable with Jack! Awesome!!!!

It was probably the best M&G of ALL TIME :lovestruc. So, sad we don't have a video. Thank you, we take Halloween very seriously! :upsidedow

Joining in and loving it!!!! Your children are beautiful and you have given me inspiration to DisneyBound. :yo-yo:

:welcome:I'm so happy people are enjoying the TR because it's a lot of fun to relive it. REALLY?!? I so hope you mean it, Disneybounding is great fun. If you want to see all of mine I keep them here: http://boundingthroughlife.tumblr.com/

This is so awesome - I feel like I'm on the ship with you!

We're going on the Dream on August 28 for a three night cruise. Our older DD went to Disneyland with us when she was about 6, but doesn't remember a whole lot. My favorite part of that trip was watching her reactions to meeting the characters.

397307_826104892643_1468126077_n.jpg

Now she'll be two weeks away from 10 when we cruise so she'll definitely have more memories! She's still super into Disney, though she's getting more into the "older" stuff (Marvel, etc.).

The younger DD will be 2. She loves everything big sis does, which includes Disney. Especially Tinkerbell! I cannot wait to see her reactions.

This will be our first Disney cruise. I'M SO EXCITED!

How exciting! You guys are gonna have a blast! :banana:

Capt jack sounds like he was awesome :-)

He was AMAZING. :love:

Love the reaction your DS received from Jack!! Can't wait to read more about your trip :thumbsup2

Can you even imagine how special you'd feel if you inspired all that? He was glowing :cloud9:

Arr, let's wrap up pirate night matey

When we caught our breath from all the laughter DS excused himself to run up to the edge and show his friends his costume pirate:. Obviously, it had to be done. I reminded him to eat & then the rest of us went to do just that.

As if you haven't seen enough of this one, but I'm so in love with this outfit! If you have not seen Pirate Fairy yet you should it has hit Netflix. It's my favorite of the fairy movies. :tink:

We headed down to Cabannas as they were setting up for the pirate deck show. We truly regret skipping the pirate show. If we'd known Jack Sparrow was going to be the best part of our vacation we never would have skipped it. Anyway, the restaurant was pretty empty since most people were at the show. At night Cabannas becomes a table service restaurant. Our server Luis was fantastic.
We were thrilled that they had the Ahi Tuna appetizer we remembered fondly since last time! Here's DH with 2

Here's RR with her fruit (Love this picture)

She also had Mac & Cheese (duh!). DH and I had the Ribeye steaks and they were PERFECT. Sorry, I can't find the picture. RR was antsy and I wanted her to be able to do Pluto's pajama party so I asked Luis if it was possible to get my dessert to go. And he said: "Anything is possible, for you!" and brought my dessert.

We ran RR up to Oceaneers in time for her to take a pirate oath with Stitch before Pluto's pajama party. Then DH and I went to the room to change.

There were swans & tons of info for us. We threw on our bathing suits and hurried down to the adults only hot tub (my favorite place!) We hung out there until they very apologetically closed it up for the night. Then we got ice cream! Yes, desert and then ice cream :banana:

Then it was back to the room to change again and off to grab RR for bed. She had a souvenir pillow case to color!

Somewhere I have the after picture of it all colored in, but I'll stick that in the wrap up I think. RR got into her pjs and then demanded pictures in the top bunk since DS wasn't back yet.

Just as we tucked her into her own bunk we heard the fireworks starting. DH and I had a silent facial expression conversation about going to see them and decided to pass, we were pretty spent.

I started looking at the navigator and tip sheet they left us & DS popped in. He left his hat, mask and coat because he had decided to go to the Valentines dances after all. How sticking adorable is that? A Valentines Dance.

Shortly after that I was out cold. I slept much better the second night.

Up Next: Day 3!

Whew--what a fun filled, exciting pirate night! Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until we get to do it....

Whew--what a fun filled, exciting pirate night! Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until we get to do it....

It really is my favorite part! :love: You'll love it.

I love the sound of a pyjama party, my DS is excited at the thought

It sounds like all the character visits in Oceaneers are pretty great, but I was pretty excited for her to do Pluto's Pajama Party. :dog:

watching!

:welcome: Glad you found us before I starting wrapping up the trip. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter