A Dream (Cruise) Is a Wish Your Heart Made! *UPDATE 9/30 See Ya Real Soon

Day 3
Castaway Cay

Truth is I wrote out Day 3 months ago and then I got an error message from Disboards when I tried to preview it and it was gone :sad: So, I had an "in my head" fight with Disboards and then I got super busy (the good kind). On with the report! :upsidedow

Somehow the tv was left on and I woke up to Disney Jr's Wake Up Song :sad2: at 7am! RR was up shortly after. I dressed her in her pineapple romper. I was rocking my shipwreck Ariel Disneybound. DS was up WAAAAAAAAAY later in the day, but he wore his Stormtrooper shirt.

I wanted to go to the Enchanted Garden for breakfast since we didn't go to dinner there the night before. So, we headed there minus DS who was out cold despite several attempts to wake him. He's never missed a meal before, but he's never been out that late. Enchanted Garden has a buffet for breakfast. They seat you and bring you beverages and you go up and get your food.

I love the decor in there. I thought I remembered the flower lamps changing colors last time, but maybe I imagined it. RR and I got our Mickey waffles of course. We ended up rushing a bit because RR wasn't herself. She was sleepy and irritable.

RR was super excited about climbing the pretty stairs, so we let her go up and down a few times.

When we got back to the room RR threw a huge fit. Again totally odd and out of character. After she calmed down I took her for a walk around the ship. We strolled around the art gallery a long while. I wish I could buy all that amazing art. When we came out of the gallery the DVC lady gave RR a light up bracelet & Mickey pirate tattoo.

After that we found a window to sit in and watched this guy cleaning the life boats.

After that we decided to head back to the room and see if the boys were up for a walk on the beach. :beach:

Fight in your head with the DIS? Lol--I get it! I did that when they first changed the format!

I can't wait to try enchanted garden. It looks so pretty!

RR must have been wiped out from the night before. All that piratey excitement will do that to a princess!

Fight in your head with the DIS? Lol--I get it! I did that when they first changed the format!

I can't wait to try enchanted garden. It looks so pretty!

RR must have been wiped out from the night before. All that piratey excitement will do that to a princess!

Enchanted Garden is so pretty! I'm glad we made a point of eating there. :daisy:

Yeah, I think RR was wearing down and coming down with something. :(

Day 3 Continued...

When got back to room DS was still out cold so the rest of us headed down to the beach. Before we left the room I took a few pictures from the balcony.

We planned to drop little Miss off in the kids area "Scuttle's Cove" to play so we could grab lunch. Despite the long walk and fresh air RR was still off so we started to check her in, but changed our minds and headed back to the ship for lunch.

We walked back with an increasingly upset girl and headed to Cabanna's. RR was fine once we got there and spent some time really checking out the Nemo Mosaics since it had just opened and wasn't too crowded yet.

We sat outside to eat. RR took my picture! :thumbsup2

RR had cheese pizza & mac & cheese.

It looks like we moved to a table by the window at that point. Maybe it was too windy. In general it was cool and windy a lot this trip. DH & I shared a plate piled high with shrimp ::yes::

We went back to the room and put RR down for a nap. She was out cold in less than 5min.

I think I laid down for a nap too. Then I wanted to go down to the gangway and see Daisy! RR was still sleeping soundly, but DS was up and dressed and anxious to go to the beach. He wanted to meet up with his group and get some BBQ. So, we left together. It ended up being awesome timing because we got to ride the glass elevator all the way to the bottom! I was NERD-ING OUT!

There was no line to get off the ship. DS went off to join his group and I headed to Daisy's line. There were only two groups waiting when I arrived. I was bummed RR was missing this, but I knew she needed that nap and I have no problem being that grown woman in line to meet a character. :wave2:

No one noticed my shipwreck Ariel bound, Daisy LOVED my hat! :love: Aren't her island clothes fabulous? She's so much fun. I was done visiting with Daisy so quickly I decided to stick around and visit Stitch!

He was a riot! I'm soooo glad I stayed! After Stitch I headed back up to the room to check on RR. She was still out. Our luggage tags had arrived :sad: DH had to work Monday morning so we opted for express check out. We still had to pack up, but instead of leaving the bags in the hallway when we went to dinner we were responsible for bringing them with us when we got off the bright and early in the morning. I was super bummed about having to leave extra early so I went down to grab an ice cream.

Last edited:

More Day 3 Fun!

When I came back to the room DS was back and RR was up. She had taken an almost 4hr nap! She was a sweaty disoriented mess. So we both showered and changed. I put RR in her seahorse outfit with blue and purple plaid shorts and put on my Elsa bound (blue tank top, blue and white skirt, braid). Since she'd missed the characters that afternoon I told her we'd go see Goofy.

As we rode the glass elevator to down I was taken aback because there was goofy! We were early for the Goofy M&G, but apparently we'd made it for the end of the See Ya Real Soon party.

RR & I hopped right in Goofy's line. She brought her little Minnie with her and showed it to Goofy.

He got really excited and pointed at it and then back over his shoulder at Minnie.

We tried to hop in Donald's line, but he was done so RR got a quick hug. We watched the end of the show.

At the very end they dropped gold Mickey confetti on us! RR was thrilled & collected some.

After the show we walked around & we bumped into Luis who helped us when we first boarded the ship. He asked us how our trip was going. I told him we were all having a great time! He wanted to make sure I hadn't been injured and I assured him I was fine. He asked me to wait a minute and came back with a stuffed Halle (From Doc McStuffins) for RR & a Ferb for DS!

We thanked him and headed up to the balcony were we met Minnie the day before so we could meet Captian Mickey.

I have to say pretty much every character interaction I've ever had on DCL has been amazing. :mickeyjum I asked RR if we could go look at our pictures since we'd be walking right through Shutters. I really wish I could have longer than the trip to decide on pictures. I regretted one of my choices as soon as I was home this time.

I looked at all the pictures and went to the counter to see when the rest would be ready. I decided to come back a little later so I could see all my options.

I took RR down to the stores to pick her souvenirs. It was a looooong process. In general when we do family trip I buy photos and pack souvenirs for the kids ahead of time. It was forever walking around the crowded store discussing her options. It took so long in fact we had to stop shopping and take a bathroom break! In the end she picked out a stuffed Nala & a small Anna doll with clip on clothes.

I took RR back to the room to drop off the toys and then walked the kids to their respective clubs. RR had a little bit of hesitation this time, which was odd. I told the CM she was ready to play dress up and she said they just finished dress up time. RR was so sad and this is a Disney cruise so they took her to pick out a dress up outfit to play in.

DH & I went down to the adults only hot tub and had some ice cream.:love: Good bye hot tub, we'll miss you!

Then we changed and collected RR. It was a ZOO up there! Everyone was returning their blue bracelets. I had already told the kids they could keep them if they wanted. I can't remember but it's something like $16 back if you return them. When I finally fought my way through the crowd there was princess: RR jumping around in a mermaid dress in the middle of what looked like a circus. I think they were doing a magic show.

DH and I decided to go back and look at our pictures and let her have a few more minutes. I paid for the 10 picture package, but 3 of them needed to print. I paid in full and took the other 7. I was told to come back at 7am to pick up the rest.

We picked up RR still in her Mermaid Dress. She excitedly returned it and said goodbye to the CM. It was time for our last dinner. Tonight was the Royal Palace!

Our Last Dinner!

I'm not sure why I didn't take pictures of the decor, but Royal Palace is all princess decor.

It was an Incredibles kids menu tonight. Service was amazing this last night. RR got fruit to start again then (surprise) Mac & Cheese. DH got the escargot and ended up loving it and getting a second one. He also got two Lamb entrees. I had the shrimp & lobster and DS went for the duck.

My appetizer, you can see Cinderella's Carriage on the plate.

DH making the "That's more like it" face

We all ordered dessert. RR got her Mickey bar with Mickey sprinkles. The rest of us got the Creme Brule. It was about this time that DS realized he had left the flubber he made today in the Edge. He had ants in his pants to go look for it so he ate and rushed off to check.

While DS was looking for his missing Flubber the rest of us enjoy our dessert as the restaurant starts to empty out. The server came over to chat and folded an extra kids menu into Zazu for RR. You know the paper crane where if you pull it, it flaps it's wings? She was thrilled. So, DH was like "That's great! If you have another piece of paper I'll show you another one." So, he showed the server how to make a cool origami flower.

By the time paper folding and chatting was winding down DS was back. He couldn't find his flubber. We all headed to the room. When we got there our blanket was folded like Crush!

RR decided to let Nala grab some shell.

RR's shirt was delivered with all the autographs!

Here she is wearing it to school after the trip

It was time RR's last DCL shower. She happily climbed into jammies. Everyone was pretty tired. I laid out everyone's clothes and packed up. The kids laid down and watched cartoons for a bit, but they were both asleep soon.

I ran back to Shutters and then came back for my last DCL shower. DH and I sat on the balcony for a bit and filled out our customs form before we went to bed.

We set the alarm for 6am so we could make our express check out.

See Ya Real Soon :sad:

I laid out our clothes the night before: RR: Elsa Shirt and Jeggings
Me: Cinderella Shirt and jeans
DS: Pirate Shirt and Jeans
DH: Who knows? He was for sure dressed when we got of the ship.

The alarm went off at 6am. I anticipated grumpy kids not wanting to wake up, but it wasn't to bad. We all got up and dressed and double checked to make sure we had everything.

Then we headed to Cabanna's for the breakfast (if you don't do Express check out you get to go to Animator's Palate for the "See ya Real Soon" breakfast and see your servers one last time not so early in the morning)

DH grabbed a muffin, I wolfed down a donut while filling out the comment card. RR had her last Mickey waffles and DS plate was heaped so high with food I couldn't even begin to guess everything he had.

After we ate we split up, the boys grabbed our luggage from the room and RR & I went to shutters to grab my remaining pictures. The CM in shutters was super crabby, but I got my pictures. They had "See ya Real Soon" on all the screens.

(this one is from later, but here's DS with his Ferb)

The boys had retrieved the luggage and our final statement from the room and were waiting for us. We dropped off our comment card and headed off the ship. There were no CMs waving us off because it was express, sigh...

Just like that vacation over. I HATE express check out :mad:. DH LOVED it :lovestruc.

Down the gangway, into the terminal, past all the luggage and through customs (have your id out) We didn't even have to wait to go through customs. Out of the building into the parking lot.

Um, guys...it was level 2, right?!?! Right? :eek: Oh, ok yes. Phew! :thumbsup2

Bye Boat! :wave:

Sad kiddos!

Ok, now to the hotel....um? hmm...where's the address for that hotel?!? I'll look it up on my phone! Nope, it's dead. :eek: Oh wait here it is! :thumbsup2

Cute beach town

Made it to the hotel in less than 10min! Check in goes smoothly as soon as I remember where I stuck my id when we got off the ship. They have Starbucks :coffee: in the lobby! HECK YEAH! Coffee.

The room is nice, more than we need. The tired kids plop down in front of the TV with a snack while we make sure the wifi is connecting so poor DH can work.

LOL, mother of the year it was like 7:45am and it looks like RR was having a lollipop?!? Shrug :confused3...vacation! :beach:

After we'd caught our breath from the super speedy departure I plug in and check my phone. The pet sitter has left town and left our dog at her house alone! :scared1: WHAT?!? I'm stunned. What's with people this trip? In the end I send my mom to rescue her granddog. I also have 400 texts about something else, but the kids are antsy and they saw almost no pool action during the trip so we decide to go to the pool.

They spend about 15 minutes in the pool and then hang out in the hot tub the rest of the time.

When we got home RR was diagnosed with a sinus infection hence all the snoring and crabby-ness. :sick: Poor kid.

Anyway, we headed back up to the room at about 10:45am and packed up and changed. Then we checked out and began searching frantically for gas and lunch. DH was grumpy :mad: because he needed to get home and finish his work day. We eventually found a 7-11 with gas and grabbed McDonalds. Soon we were on our way home. :sad:

See ya real soon Mickey! :mickeyjum

Thanks for reading, liking, replying! Happy Sailing! :boat::wave:

I thought I replied to your previous post but I don't see it. Bummer! I'm so sorry your trip is over.

I love your pics with Daisy--she's so bright and cheery!

That turtle towel animal is adorable!!!

Man, the express check out is speedy!

I didn't even look at pictures in shutters. I was afraid how much money I'd spend if I even found our book.

I think we saw that same electrical hidden Mickey on our drive!

If you need more DCL/Dream, we just got back from our cruise last Saturday and I'll be starting a TR soon. Feel free to join in!

I thought I replied to your previous post but I don't see it. Bummer! I'm so sorry your trip is over.

I love your pics with Daisy--she's so bright and cheery!

That turtle towel animal is adorable!!!

Man, the express check out is speedy!

I didn't even look at pictures in shutters. I was afraid how much money I'd spend if I even found our book.

I think we saw that same electrical hidden Mickey on our drive!

If you need more DCL/Dream, we just got back from our cruise last Saturday and I'll be starting a TR soon. Feel free to join in!

party:Woohoo! Can't wait to read your TR! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter