A Dream (Cruise) Is a Wish Your Heart Made! *UPDATE 9/30 See Ya Real Soon

Loving your report!!! :)

Yay!!! :banana: I love hearing that. :thumbsup2

How adorable is your DD? She's a perfect Minnie with her polka dots and yellow heels!! What a great Minnie meet!

I would have done the same thing at guest services--I always go places with a list in mind and then forget something!

What a bummer about the suitcase handle!

Right? :cutie: She's pretty adorable. Thanks! I had an Etsy Minnie dress when she was younger, but this one came right off the rack at Target. The yellow heels are her second pair we got some handed down and when she outgrew them the world ended. Both pairs are from the Disney Store and very well loved.

Ugh, the suitcase :( More on that later. Call right down and tell them if you notice something like that, they have luggage repair on board.

Loving your TR. It makes me so excited for our first cruise! :)

:cheer2: Yay! Thanks! Disney Cruises are amazing! :boat:

Great update. Your dd is so adorable in her minnie outfit :)

Thank you! :thumbsup2 It was a fun day.

Aww, your kids are so cute! Loving your report! Makes me excited for our first Disney cruise, on the Dream, next May 2016!

Thanks! Yay, Disney Cruises are the best! :boat: My DH grew up going on cruises & ever since our honeymoon cruise on the Dream he refuses to cruise on any other cruise line (and I don't mind a bit :earsgirl:)

Ohmigoodness! That picture with her hands near her face admiring her rose is one of the most adorable things I have seen! She was having an amazing day. Glad you found the lanyard.

Ohmigoodness! That picture with her hands near her face admiring her rose is one of the most adorable things I have seen! She was having an amazing day. Glad you found the lanyard.

Thanks! :cutie: I think so too! It was an amazing morning and it was just getting started! Me too, super relieved! I was having visions of strangers wondering into out room.

After Minnie we headed over to Shutters since it was right there. I was totally bummed that there were no good smiling pictures of RR yet, but they didn't have a ton of pictures out yet.

Then we went down to the atrium to take pictures with my favorite Cinderella
mosaics. princess:

She insisted on taking off her shoe for this one!

And then of course we had to put her shoe on a pillow

It Fit!!

Here's the mural on the other side

When we went on the HM cruise Princess and the Frog was still in theaters so they didn't have any Tiana art on the ship yet, but I love this painting of Tiana's restaurant!

It was still too early for our Princess meet and greet so I checked the navigator and Tinkerbell was due to appear soon. She had a little area to the left of the main floor where the Princesses were.

Since we'd just decided to do this one there was already a line of about 20 or so people ahead of us. I think this was the longest line I waited in the whole trip for a character. RR's syrup from the Mickey waffles was hitting her about then and she was super squirrely in the line hiding behind curtains and jumping around. She did decide to change from her traditional Minnie ears to her princess Minnie ears.

I made friends with the lady in front of us. She said "Hi, I saw you guys get on." I kept waiting for :oops:"Are you ok? that was some fall!" But she just asked about our matching dresses. She wanted to know how the ticketed M&Gs worked and how I had known to get tickets.

The line moved super quickly once Tink appeared.

Here you can see the very end of the beautiful curtsy RR gave Tinkerbell and the huge smile Tink gave her in return. :tinker:

I love this one because it looks like RR has wings

Pretty cute, right?

Then I jumped in!

We told Tink RR would be dressing as Zarina for Pirate night later on. Tinkerbell didn't really react so I added I would dress like her that night. I figured she'd have a comment about that, but nothing.

I told RR we'd look in the stores for the last few minutes before our princess M&G time, but the shops are closed while you're in port in Nassau so we just walked around looking in the windows.

Finally it was Princess time! We walked right up to the CM handed her our tickets. She asked for our room number and gestured for us to step up. There was only one family ahead of us.

Snow White was first. RR walked up and curtsied. So cute, but I wasn't quick enough for a picture. There was some talk about avoiding apples and SW promised to be careful.

Next up was Belle I tried to warn the photographer to pay attention because she was going to curtsy, but we missed it again! RR insisted that Belle hold her rose.

Up Next MORE PRINCESSES! princess:

I'm so glad you got in the pictures! I always end up taking pictures or getting so caught up in watching the girls reactions that I don't get in the picture and then later wish I had!

The picture of RRs shoe on the pillow like Cinderella--so precious!

Love the curtsies!

Enjoying your trip report! Your daughter is so sweet with the princesses - remembering when my DD was her age. Truly magical!!!

I'm so glad you got in the pictures! I always end up taking pictures or getting so caught up in watching the girls reactions that I don't get in the picture and then later wish I had!

The picture of RRs shoe on the pillow like Cinderella--so precious!

Love the curtsies!

Yeah, I think got a picture a day this trip which is must better than I've done in the past. :thumbsup2

Enjoying your trip report! Your daughter is so sweet with the princesses - remembering when my DD was her age. Truly magical!!!

More princesses are coming up! princess:

One more Belle!

Up next was one of our favorites, Princess Tiana!

Here's the end of them curtsying to each other.

They talked the longest time.

She's always so much fun and that dress! I asked RR what they were talking about and she said she told Tiana she liked "The song when she's a waitress" aka Almost There and Tiana said She loved jazz music. They discussed dancing to music too. I love Naveen smirking on the picture border.

Last, but not least...Cinderella!

RR couldn't remember what she and Cinderella talked about, but she was glowing when she walked away. We met Princess Minnie, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Belle, Tiana and Cinderella in about an hour and half! Not bad.

Next, I walked RR up to the Oceaneers club. She was over the moon to finally get back. I headed back to the room to find DH.

I love this picture in the hall.

As I expected DH was reading on the balcony. He said he and DS had gone to breakfast at
Cabanas shortly after we did and then DS had scampered off to The Edge. We decided to grab some lunch. It was windy, but I wanted to sit on the outside balcony at Cabanas for the view. I took the opportunity to take some pictures of the Bahamas.

When we were navigating the buffet there were at least 3 maybe 4 elderly ladies who looked lost. I was like oh, no so many lost grandmas! I hope they all found their family's table.

We LOADED up on Shrimp! We got sushi and meat from the carving station. We just heaped up two plates and shared. We also had our favorite chocolate chip cookies for desert.

It was a lovely lunch with a lovely view! We went up to grab Miss RR after lunch she had a date with some sisters from Arendelle!

While she was in Oceaneers she flew to Neverland with Peter Pan! She even had a special sticker souvenir Peter gave her. They fed her lunch too. She said she had a sandwich and fruit.

We headed down to the Animator's Palette for our M&G with Anna & Elsa. We were second in line. So exciting.

It has been so fun reading your trip report!

I've just started researching DCL. I'm thinking of your exact itinerary on the Dream. Your report makes me want to take the trip NOW! :)

And I cannot wait to hear if the food improves as the trip continues.

Keep up the great work!!!

Sounds like a great day on the boat so far. We're planning on staying on the boat in Nassau. I'm glad to hear you're getting to do so much without it seeming like your rushing around

It has been so fun reading your trip report!

I've just started researching DCL. I'm thinking of your exact itinerary on the Dream. Your report makes me want to take the trip NOW! :)

And I cannot wait to hear if the food improves as the trip continues.

Keep up the great work!!!

Oh, I'm so glad you're enjoying it :cool1: We :lovestruc the Dream! I know what your mean, writing the TR is making me want to go again, but it'll be 3 or 4yrs before we get back. Oh, yeah all the food except for the first night's dinner was excellent. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great day on the boat so far. We're planning on staying on the boat in Nassau. I'm glad to hear you're getting to do so much without it seeming like your rushing around

Oh yeah. I'm a huge fan of staying on the boat in port. On our HM cruise we got of the boat in Nassau for about 5min and then got back on, LOL! :rotfl2:There's so much to do on the boat.

The Animators Palette was all done up like Arendelle princess:

I love the M&Gs that are tucked out of the way like this one. It wasn't very long before Anna & Elsa appeared. There was an adult couple ahead of us so they were all about the picture & then off they went. I love when there are lots of adults in line ahead of me for a character it usually means the line is going to go quickly.

RR had asked me in line if Elsa'a shoes were cold which I thought was adorable!

Here's the best I got, I think she was just super tired at this point.

Not her usual smiley self, I think she even forgot (gasp) to curtsy! They were both delightful. I can't remember specifics, but I thought they were great fun. As we were getting ready to leave I asked Elsa if RR could feel her shoe. She was happy to let her and RR reported in sheer amazement "It was cold, Mom!!" :cold:

We headed back to the room because it was clear RR was overdue for a nap. I had already told DH that I wanted to see Into the Woods by myself later on, but I had no immediate plans.

When we got back to the room DS was there watching TV & he wanted to go swimming. So, DH put RR down for her nap & DS & I headed for the pool.

It was still too windy for me even though the pool was heated. It was packed & we did a few circles before we found a spot for me to sit. Hercules was playing & it was about halfway through. I tried to read, but I just watched the movie mostly. When it was over DS came to find me. He dried off & we headed over for ice cream. I got banana again and he did a swirl.

Then we went to the other side of the pool deck to find a sunny spot to sit. DS ended up just sitting on the ground next to a pillar because there were no chairs. We were answering the trivia on the screen, but it was to easy so I starting asking him harder ones: What Does EPCOT stand for? What was Walt Disney's middle name? etc. :smickey:

Surprisingly I have no pictures of our mother son time. When he was dry & our ice cream was done we snuck back into the room to change. RR was still out cold & DH was reading on the balcony. DS ran off to the Edge & I went down to the movie theater.

I had decided to get a bucket of popcorn this time. For $7.50 (slightly more than the parks) you get a bucket of popcorn. You can refill it for $3 during your trip as well. Here's what mine looks like:

I love Stitch :stitch: in his rocket & the :hmghost:hitchhiking ghost next to the tomorrowland speedway. So much cuteness. Even the lid has a Mickey on it!

I brought my own bottle of water with me & I believe the popcorn was the only food I paid for on this trip. The wheelchair seating is great in the movie theater, pretty much dead center.

Into the Woods was good. My only issue was the changes from the Broadway show. I know some of these were necessary because of the change of format, but some things they left out or changed made the characters different. There were quite a few older gentleman snoring by the end! DH was totally thrilled to be off the hook for that one. :rotfl2:

While I was at the movie DH took RR to the Aqua Duck, but she was just barely to short. DH thinks water shoes would have made the difference, but he left them in the room so they went on the Mickey slide. Apparently, it was "Awesome."

Once we were all back at the room it was time to get ready for pirate:Pirate Night! Arr!

Last edited:
Your mother-son time sounds perfect! Sometimes it's better to be in the moment and not worry about pictures.

I was hoping little bits would be able to ride the aquaduck with an adult if they're too short? (I thought I read that somewhere, but I've read so much I get stuff confused) I hope the girls are tall enough when we go--they've watched YouTube videos of it and are SO excited!

Can't wait to hear all about pirate night!

Watch That First Step It's a Doozy...

So, with our boarding photo taken we went down the gangway towards the ship. There was a CM at the end warning me about the steep incline & the next thing I knew the chair had flipped over. My feet were in the air, my back was on the ground. So embarrassing! :oops:

I hope Mickey didn't see that! ::MickeyMo

My goodness. DH pulled the chair upright quickly & they announced us. It was not the grand entrance I had hoped for.

I told DH to take me to Guest Services right away for shirt drop off & princess tickets. The line wasn't to terrible, but we only waited a few seconds before a concerned CM named Luis called me over. He wanted to know if I was hurt. Ugh, embarrassing. I thought about it for a minute now that the adrenaline was wearing off. I had a burning spot between my shoulder blades where I must have fallen on the buckle of my purse or something and I knew I'd have some back pain later. I told him I was fine. He offered me an ice pack, I declined.

Then he asked how he could help & I gave him RR's shirt. He filled out the little slip and asked if I wanted Mickey & friends to sign it or the princesses & I asked for both. He was very nice.

(when they delivered the shirt I noticed he miscounted my Sharpies no biggie I guess we were both flustered from the fall)

Then he asked if I wanted princess:princess tickets. I'd almost forgotten.

I'd thought there wouldn't be an opportunity for Elsa & Anna on the Dream, but there was! I told him I wanted Princess Gathering & Elsa and Anna tickets. He said he would try to get one for today & one tomorrow. He disappeared for a bit.

I took pictures while he was gone.

Behind the Guest Services desk they have a map with all the Disney parks around the world marked by their castles. I meant to go back & get a better one when it was less busy and never did.

We're on the ship, stuck at Guest Services smile

Mickey, Mickey Everywhere (as he should be) ::MickeyMo

My mini-me went right to my favorite art on the ship! The Cinderella mural!

Then Luis returned. There was nothing left for today (already at 1pm). He got us 10:15am Princesses & 1:00pm Elsa & Anna tomorrow. Sounded good to me! Yay, RR would be thrilled. princess:

RR hadn't been her usual excited self so far. I think she was tired & overwhelmed.

Next stop? Deck 5 to get RR checked in at the Oceaneers club. I'd registered online. We got each of the kids their magic bands. I hadn't expected DS to get one, but 12yr olds can participate in Oceaneers AND the Edge. They're blue Magic Bands that have Capt Mickey on them. They lock them on with a little plastic piece and they wear them the whole cruise.

Here's a picture I took later where you can see the band and the little clip that holds it on.

We opted not to go in & look around (which I regretted later since you're only allowed in long enough to grab your kid during the trip). The kids were all excited about the detective game kiosk we'd passed on the way to Oceaneers club so we headed there next.

So cute! The midship detective agency.

The kids both got their detective badges and maps. RR wanted to find the missing puppies. DS chose the missing art.

Then we were off to find The Edge so DS could get his sticker.

You go to deck 11 all the way forward to get to the stairway that leads to the Edge which is inside the big red thingy (aka funnel) behind the movie screen. The edge is on 13. By the time we found it I was starving & opted to wait at the bottom of the stairs rather than find the special elevator that goes up there.

Next we decided to head back to the room since we were only one deck up & drop our stuff off before lunch.

The bags were not there yet, but we were happy to set our stuff down & look around.

It goes without saying how much I LOVE this pillow

There was even a gift for us silver castaway club members!

Yay tote bag! The note with it said "Have a magical cruise"

Then everyone went out to the balcony!

There's the terminal

And my excited kids

They were already thrilled even though we had a view of a parking lot so far.

Up Next: Let the Eating Begin!

What are princess tickets? Our last cruise was 2/2014 and we just waited in line for the princesses and Anna!

Ooooo, I know cuz she already explained it to me! they are like fast passes to go meet the princesses and Anna and Elsa. You get them at guest services and they give you a time/day for your princess meet. You just show up with your ticket at your time (I think you get an hour window?) and you're meeting princesses!

Yup, it's basically a FP for a M&G. They list the characters that require them on the front of the first Navigator so check that out as soon as you board so you can grab tickets if you need them. I honestly, don't recall what the window was for them. You're in the 10:30 group or the 1pm group, etc so I assume you can go anytime after that until the next group starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter