• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Dole Whip in my hand & my toes in the sand: CBR/Poly Split Stay – This Is The Life!

Woo Hoo another installment!

Too bad Via Napoli didn't meet your expectations, other than desserts, which looked really good. Your husband's meal looked huge, that could feed two people.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Can't wait for another post!

Sea :cool1:

PS - Going to see Katiebell and Brrt tomorrow at DLR to celebrate her birthday - Mini Mayer Meet Up! :snooty::snooty: :cool1:

Shawna-- When we stayed at Poly we were in Fiji overlooking the marina. I loved it there- but the bathroom with one sink and all of it in one bathroom with no doors to the toilet/shower might be a little small for the 5 of you. Hope you get a good room and you like it!

Okay here's what happened to me---- at 5 am my alarm goes off like normal- I always get up an hour before I have to get the kids up. I roll over and I was actually very angry with myself for setting the dang thing and said out loud... "Ugh I'm soooo glad it's Saturday but now I'll never get back to sleep." Well, guess I didn't have much trouble with that b/c before I knew what happened, Mark was waking me at 6:50 just as Belle's bus was rolling past.

:scared1:

Had to drive her to school and she was almost late.

I've never ever ever never done that before in my life. I guess I must have needed the sleep.:laughing:

So--- not as bad as it could have been but I've been feeling like it's Saturday all dang day.:cool2:

Shawna-- When we stayed at Poly we were in Fiji overlooking the marina. I loved it there- but the bathroom with one sink and all of it in one bathroom with no doors to the toilet/shower might be a little small for the 5 of you. Hope you get a good room and you like it!

Okay here's what happened to me---- at 5 am my alarm goes off like normal- I always get up an hour before I have to get the kids up. I roll over and I was actually very angry with myself for setting the dang thing and said out loud... "Ugh I'm soooo glad it's Saturday but now I'll never get back to sleep." Well, guess I didn't have much trouble with that b/c before I knew what happened, Mark was waking me at 6:50 just as Belle's bus was rolling past.

I've never ever ever never done that before in my life. I guess I must have needed the sleep.:laughing:

So--- not as bad as it could have been but I've been feeling like it's Saturday all dang day.:cool2:

That is so weird, I woke up today thinking it was Saturday too and I slept for like 7 hours last night straight thru which I not something that happens often with me my longest is normally 4-5.

Oh shoot...now I don't know whether to book the VN or not!!! I am doing tony's...so maybe that's enought italian.....
as for the Poly, I was thinking either the Takelau again, for the room or the Aetorau(sp>!!!!:confused:) for the view and closer to the GCH and ferry.....Ifyou have a def forget it tell me now!!:rotfl: gonna call back Monday and request.....Yikes....I hate having too many options!
Jodi...guess you were tired!!! Good thing she made it on time anyway!!!

Shelly - so sorry your meal at Via Napoli was somewhat a disappointment, at least the desserts were good. I have an adr for lunch on arrival day, so I know we will be starved, and we are going strictly for the pizza. I just hope JB does not change our flight times too much, I did make 2 ADR's just in case one for 12:45 and one for 2pm incase we get in late.

I am still waiting on my $ back from JB from them overchargeing me $262 when I changed our flights. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks :eek: so I call and get this according to the supervisor only part of my credit was processed, they took the $ out of my Travel bank where they frst placed my refund but never credited my Visa. :headache: I hope I get it , she said I should have it in less than 7 days , so we shall see.

Oh shoot...now I don't know whether to book the VN or not!!! I am doing tony's...so maybe that's enought italian.....
as for the Poly, I was thinking either the Takelau again, for the room or the Aetorau(sp>!!!!:confused:) for the view and closer to the GCH and ferry.....Ifyou have a def forget it tell me now!!:rotfl: gonna call back Monday and request.....Yikes....I hate having too many options!

Shawna - Great move going with the Poly and FD :thumbsup2 Tokelau is the bldg I think I have in my notes to request when I was researching the Poly, although I do not remember why now.

We are doing Tony's in MK for the 1st time too, but I have been wanting to try Via Napoli for so long, I think the pizza looks yummy.

Well I hope you got the dud meal out of the way and the rest were 5-star meals! ;) I have to agree about your DH's dinner! :eek: It didn't look so bad, but it's such a huge blob! :laughing: I wouldn't have eaten it because of the sausage. And I have no idea what polpettine is. :confused3 I like Italian food, but we hardly ever have it because my DH hates cheese. :sad2: Your pizza looked ok, but I guess nothing too special. The desserts looked yummy though! And the place looks nice. And cute pics of the 4 of y'all!

Too funny, Jo! But better to have it happen on a school day than on a day you had to get to the airport to fly to WDW! ;)

Hey Shelly,
Just found my way over here!! Really enjoyed the first day of your trip!!!! Love the pictures of CBR!! Really looking forward to more!

Welcome Jen! :goodvibes Glad you are enjoying the TR!
Eh, I don't like disappointing meals. What a bummer Shelly! You caerfully plan these meals for months and when they don't go as planned, it sort of stinks.

Yeah, it was a little disappointing, I was expecting it to be better. Oh well, now we know!
Well I knew you didn't like VN too much. But daaaaaaaaaaaang- that monstrous THING on your DH's plate made me giggle!!!!!!!! What the heck was that? It looked like a mess!

Your pizza looked good. Sorry it was disappointing. :(

And oh my word-- Tirimisu is my favorite dessert ever! That looked so yummy!

I guess you won't be going back there. :headache:That's so sad- we had such high hopes.
Maybe you should have stuck with the belly dancer supper. It might have gotten a better review from you guys.

:laughing:

I don't even know what DH got. He's not even sure he got what he ordered! :rotfl:

Nope, we won't be in a hurry to get back there.

The desserts were good though! :thumbsup2

Woo Hoo another installment!

Too bad Via Napoli didn't meet your expectations, other than desserts, which looked really good. Your husband's meal looked huge, that could feed two people.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Can't wait for another post!

Sea :cool1:

PS - Going to see Katiebell and Brrt tomorrow at DLR to celebrate her birthday - Mini Mayer Meet Up! :snooty::snooty: :cool1:

Hey Sea! :cool1:

Yep, whatever DH had was HUGE! Not very good, but huge. :rotfl:

Have fun on your MAYer Meet!! :banana:

OMG!! :lmao: That is too funny! Well at least she got to school on time.

So did you get up and go to Church today thinking it was Sunday???:laughing:

I'm sorry! :guilty: I don't know what to tell you. Some people love VN, so maybe you would. We just weren't blown away.

Tony's has been getting a lot of good reviews lately. Maybe we will try it next time.

Good luck with your Poly request! :wizard:

Shelly - so sorry your meal at Via Napoli was somewhat a disappointment, at least the desserts were good. I have an adr for lunch on arrival day, so I know we will be starved, and we are going strictly for the pizza. I just hope JB does not change our flight times too much, I did make 2 ADR's just in case one for 12:45 and one for 2pm incase we get in late.

I am still waiting on my $ back from JB from them overchargeing me $262 when I changed our flights. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks :eek: so I call and get this according to the supervisor only part of my credit was processed, they took the $ out of my Travel bank where they frst placed my refund but never credited my Visa. :headache: I hope I get it , she said I should have it in less than 7 days , so we shall see.

I hope you have a better VN experience than we did!! :wizard:

Isn't it funny how when they charge you for something it goes right on your credit card within seconds, but it takes days/weeks to get a refund??? :headache:

Awww, I'm sorry you didn't like Via Napoli.

Thanks Mel!
Well I hope you got the dud meal out of the way and the rest were 5-star meals! ;) I have to agree about your DH's dinner! :eek: It didn't look so bad, but it's such a huge blob! :laughing: I wouldn't have eaten it because of the sausage. And I have no idea what polpettine is. :confused3 I like Italian food, but we hardly ever have it because my DH hates cheese. :sad2: Your pizza looked ok, but I guess nothing too special. The desserts looked yummy though! And the place looks nice. And cute pics of the 4 of y'all!

We actually had a couple of dud meals this trip. Nothing terrible or gross, just plain and not good. And honestly didn't really have too many that we were blown away by. :confused3 Guess it wasn't a good food trip! :rotfl: Good thing everything else was wonderful!

We wanted to eat at VN this trip too but just didn't have time. Kinda glad we missed it. But then again you never know with Disney rest. One time you may hate it next time love it. It probably didn't help that you just weren't hungry- that happens a lot you can't enjoy anything no matter how good it is.

We wanted to eat at VN this trip too but just didn't have time. Kinda glad we missed it. But then again you never know with Disney rest. One time you may hate it next time love it. It probably didn't help that you just weren't hungry- that happens a lot you can't enjoy anything no matter how good it is.

That is true, one time it might be great and not so much the next time. Plus we weren't that hungry. I guess I just expected the pizza to be really good and it just wasn't. I'm glad we tried it though!

Hi Shelly,
Hope you're having a nice weekend! I'm sorry that you didn't like VN. We have had good meals there, but I hear it is kind of a hit or miss. I hope the rest of your meals were better!
Just took DD10 to see Lion King 3D. It was excellent. Can you believe she has never seen Lion King before today?:headache:

Aw, I'm so sorry that yall had a disappointing meal at Via Napoli :( It was one of my favorites on our last trip.... the SANGRIA is amazing there :love:

Maybe it would have been better with some sangria!:laughing:

Whatever that was that your DH had could have fed all of you!
I think sometimes when I'm not hungry, it's harder to get excited about a meal, and then if it isn't amazing, then it's really just blah.

Oh - circling back to is Gran Fiesta ever busy? YES! We had to WAIT IN A LINE for more than 5 minutes back in March. Shocking, I know!

Sorry your DH has to lounge at home longer. I hope he doesn't go nuts!

I think sometimes when I'm not hungry, it's harder to get excited about a meal, and then if it isn't amazing, then it's really just blah.

Oh - circling back to is Gran Fiesta ever busy? YES! We had to WAIT IN A LINE for more than 5 minutes back in March. Shocking, I know!

Sangria for everyone!!!!!!!:banana:

Okay yes, indeed the Gran Fiesta can be busy. We experienced the same thing one night we were there this trip. In fact, there was a lady (that I'm sure wasn't all there mentally) behind Mark and as we were waiting in line- it started moving- barely-- and she took her finger and kept poking it in his back hard saying, "Go. Move. Move up. Go. Move. Move up. Go. Move. Move up." ------ before he could even take a step. It continued on for about two minutes. I felt bad for her, but honestly it was really kind of strange.:eek:

Sangria for everyone!!!!!!!:banana:

Okay yes, indeed the Gran Fiesta can be busy. We experienced the same thing one night we were there this trip. In fact, there was a lady (that I'm sure wasn't all there mentally) behind Mark and as we were waiting in line- it started moving- barely-- and she took her finger and kept poking it in his back hard saying, "Go. Move. Move up. Go. Move. Move up. Go. Move. Move up." ------ before he could even take a step. It continued on for about two minutes. I felt bad for her, but honestly it was really kind of strange.:eek:

That is hilarious! I was laughing out loud...kids are looking at me like I am nuts! They didn't think it was as funny as I did, but i could just imagine you going thru that---especially after the suburban-crossing-the state-lines-with-a-dead-body event! Crazy stuff happens to y'all!! :rotfl:

Hi Shelly,
Hope you're having a nice weekend! I'm sorry that you didn't like VN. We have had good meals there, but I hear it is kind of a hit or miss. I hope the rest of your meals were better!
Just took DD10 to see Lion King 3D. It was excellent. Can you believe she has never seen Lion King before today?:headache:

Thanks Lauren!

YAY for seeing the Lion King this weekend! :goodvibes Did she love it too?

Aw, I'm so sorry that yall had a disappointing meal at Via Napoli :( It was one of my favorites on our last trip.... the SANGRIA is amazing there :love:

Maybe we just didn't order the right stuff! :upsidedow

I guess we should have had some sangria!! :rotfl:

Yes, DH's meal was a huge blob of something. :confused3:laughing:

5 minute wait for GFT??? :scared1:

Seriously? :eek:

And I mean seriously to both!! You had to wait in September? And a lady poked Mark's back the whole way thru the line??? :faint: Oh my!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter