• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Dole Whip in my hand & my toes in the sand: CBR/Poly Split Stay – This Is The Life!

Day 1 – Friday August 26

So between DH's hernia and the impending tropical storm/hurricane Irene, things were looking pretty bad for our trip in the weeks before. Especially on Monday of the week we were to leave they were saying that Irene had turned into a hurricane and was headed straight for Florida and would be arriving there on Friday morning. Gee, guess who else was due to arrive in FL Friday morning??? Yep, us. :scared1: But as you know Irene headed east and missed FL. DH got the okay to travel from the surgeon. And all went as planned.

We had waited all summer and it was finally here – Friday August 26!! I woke and thought – this is it, it's time!! Until I looked at the clock and it was 3:30am and I realized we had another hour before we actually needed to get up.....So I laid there, but never did get back to sleep of course. At 4:30 I got up and woke everyone else and we got ready and left the house at 5:30. We were to the off-site parking lot by 6:30 and to the airport by 6:45. We checked 2 pieces of luggage and we each had a carry-on with us. There were very little lines for security and we went right through. Both DH and I had to go in the full body scan/picture thing, first time for that. It wasn't very long until we were at our gate waiting to board.

e59cd419.jpg

The flight left on-time and was very uneventful. And in under two hours we were there and on our way to Magical Express!! :cool1:

45e6ffa0.jpg

7d389117.jpg

We made our way there and found our resort line.

65917f92.jpg

Our bus was only going to CBR and POP. And CBR was the first stop.

311033d4.jpg

462a0d38.jpg

And in about 30 minutes we were arriving at CBR!

858a6721.jpg

There was absolutely no line for check-in!

ccc65e74.jpg

I got a super nice CM at check-in. I asked her if we could please have a top floor room and she said – sure, let me take a look.....And then said that we were in a top room floor! So I asked which village and she got out the little map and showed me Jamaica!! Jamaica 45 to be exact. Excellent location! And we knew this because we had stayed in Jamaica 45 on our very first WDW trip! We were actually 2 rooms down from our room the first time.

Since we had our carry-ons with us we couldn't take the internal resort shuttle to our room. So we went out to Bell Services and told them we needed a transport to our room. In about 5 minutes a van pulled up and got us loaded and on our way to Jamaica!

d5e5c0dc.jpg

The CM driving the van was very friendly and offered us many little tips about the resort. He took our luggage up to the room for us and was very helpful. We were in room 4547.

From the van to the room ~

7bda8dd3.jpg

34b7b25b.jpg

430f2f96.jpg

ae0bb33c.jpg

4ac4fc1c.jpg

We didn't bother to unpack because we were all very hungry. So we headed straight over to the Old Port Royale Food Court. . .

Up Next: Lunch and more CBR pics

Wow...sounds like a great first day so far! I love the first day at WDW, it's so exciting. It's always nice when you have the whole trip ahead of you!

Yay! I'm glad you started!!! I have 17 days to get through and this will definitely keep me entertained! :thumbsup2

Alright - I'm going back to read :cool1:

Wow...sounds like a great first day so far! I love the first day at WDW, it's so exciting. It's always nice when you have the whole trip ahead of you!

I know, it's the best feeling knowing you have all those Disney days ahead of you. :cloud9:
Yay! I'm glad you started!!! I have 17 days to get through and this will definitely keep me entertained! :thumbsup2

Alright - I'm going back to read :cool1:

Welcome Heather! :goodvibes Hope to keep you entertained!

Great start! I'm glad you got the room you wanted :thumbsup2

You are so good at getting TR's started. :goodvibes I am just *now* considering doing a slideshow and review from our cruise - in May. :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing all about this one! CBR? My only and absolute favorite resort! The picture of the bridge just brought back that jittery feeling of excitement I get when I first see it. My family and I were there August 2-11, 2011 and we just miss it like crazy.

Hope you had a blast and can't wait to read the rest of your trip report.

Jose
Norwalk, CT.

Great start to day one! AND you're just getting started!:cool1:

How full do you think CBR was while you were there? I'm amazed that there weren't that many people checking in.

So happy you guys had a good stay there----- again!:goodvibes

Winnie-the-goof:

Oh my word! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your siggy!!!! :love:

Subbing to this TR - cause I will be staying at the Poly in April and I am excited to hear how your stay was.

I'm getting in at the beginning this time! We were at CBR the same time, we were in bldg. 51. We used the Jamaica bus stop most of the time since it was closer to our room. We probably passed by each other at one time or another!

Love the name Harry the Hernia. I'm glad he didn't give him any trouble. I thought I was the only one who named body parts! I had a tumor removed last year and I named her Farrah Fatball, she was the daughter I never had!

Signing up for the rest of the report popcorn::

Welcome! :goodvibes Glad you're here!

Great start. Looking forward to the rest.

Welcome ~ Hope you enjoy! :)

I'm subscribing! The Polynesian is my favorite place to stay in WDW. I was hooked after my first stay there by the beautiful ambiance, the lush greenery, the island tunes, and, most importantly, the food (three words: Dole Whip machine!). I can't imagine staying anywhere else, although there are other nice places I should probably check out.

Welcome!
The Poly is my new favorite place to stay too! :cloud9: You are right -- everything is so wonderful AND there is a Dole Whip machine!!

Great start! I'm glad you got the room you wanted :thumbsup2

You are so good at getting TR's started. :goodvibes I am just *now* considering doing a slideshow and review from our cruise - in May. :laughing:

Thanks! Yep, we really lucked out on our room location - at both resorts. :goodvibes

You better get on that slideshow!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing all about this one! CBR? My only and absolute favorite resort! The picture of the bridge just brought back that jittery feeling of excitement I get when I first see it. My family and I were there August 2-11, 2011 and we just miss it like crazy.

Hope you had a blast and can't wait to read the rest of your trip report.

Jose
Norwalk, CT.

Welcome Jose! :)

Glad you are joining us! We just love CBR too. It was our first WDW resort and will always hold a special place in our hearts and we always look forward to getting back there!

Great start to day one! AND you're just getting started!:cool1:

How full do you think CBR was while you were there? I'm amazed that there weren't that many people checking in.

So happy you guys had a good stay there----- again!:goodvibes

Thanks Jo! :goodvibes

I'm not sure how full CBR was. It's always so quiet there so it's hard to tell. We had room neighbors come and go during our stay, so Jamaica definitely had some guests. But the main pool was never crowded! So I doubt the resort was very full.

Winnie-the-goof:

Oh my word! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your siggy!!!! :love:

Subbing to this TR - cause I will be staying at the Poly in April and I am excited to hear how your stay was.

Welcome! :goodvibes You are going to love the Poly!!

I'm getting in at the beginning this time! We were at CBR the same time, we were in bldg. 51. We used the Jamaica bus stop most of the time since it was closer to our room. We probably passed by each other at one time or another!

Love the name Harry the Hernia. I'm glad he didn't give him any trouble. I thought I was the only one who named body parts! I had a tumor removed last year and I named her Farrah Fatball, she was the daughter I never had!

Yay you made it early this time!! Too bad we didn't run into each other at CBR, the boys would have had fun together!

How was your trip?

Farrah Fatball - the daughter you never had!!! :lmao::rotfl2: That is hilarious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter