A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to HydroGuy for this thread - we visited DLR/DCA over the week from 2nd August, and thanks to this great post, managed to visit most of the rides/attractions in each park over our three days :thumbsup2

Thank you so very much for this information! I felt a little lost trying to plan our trip but now I feel so very excited!:cool1:

Love this thread. It's even a good reminder to those of who who alternate parks....... it gets confusing, the small differences.

Is there an update on the "FP+" thing I keep hearing about? Or is that only at WDW?

Love this thread. It's even a good reminder to those of who who alternate parks....... it gets confusing, the small differences.

Is there an update on the "FP+" thing I keep hearing about? Or is that only at WDW?
Only at WDW for the time being...

WOW WOW WOW, HydroGuy!!!!

What a fabulous piece of work THIS thread is!!!!

Bravo, kudos and a tip of my hat on all your work here!!!!

Just got back from a Solo trip as part of a conference, and this thread was a lifesaver in terms of planning and preparing myself. Since I grew up in Central FL going to WDW, and I'm a pass holder there now, the perspective I got from this thread was a huge help. I loved DLR, and will definitely be back one day. It was different, but still great!

Just got back from a Solo trip as part of a conference, and this thread was a lifesaver in terms of planning and preparing myself. Since I grew up in Central FL going to WDW, and I'm a pass holder there now, the perspective I got from this thread was a huge help. I loved DLR, and will definitely be back one day. It was different, but still great!

:goodvibes

Starting to get excited for this new adventure. I'm trying not to over-plan and just to take it as it comes when at DLR. We got used to WDW so knew where to go, where we wanted to eat, etc....so this will be a bit of a re-learning experience as I suspect this will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip to DLR due to the distance. So I will be back to trying to read a park map for the first little bit, but I'm looking forward to no monsoonal-type thunderstorms everyday at supper time.:goodvibes

We were very fortunate to manage to get extremely reasonable airfares (only $40.00 more to SNA than to MCO) and my husband hasn't caught on to the fact the trip is MUCH longer (he hasn't factored in a 4-5 hour time difference :rotfl2:).

I was a bit worried about being disappointed given the size of DLR to WDW, but after reading this thread, I'm so glad we decided to go....

Joining in to add a big thanks for this terrific thread of information! I'm approaching my first trip to DLR, and this is all very helpful! :thumbsup2 Very excited to experience DLR in its entirety, and especially the attractions and other things that make DLR unique!

Thank you, HydroGuy!

We are frequent WDW vacationers. I went to Disneyland once as a kid, so for all practical purposes this is a "first" for my family. I feel so much more confident in planning our May 2014 trip after reading your thread. Thanks again :goodvibes

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are heading to DL for the first time in January for the Tink 1/2 weekend. I've been so focussed on the races that I haven't paid much attention to planning the trip portion. Additionally, I was feeling a bit lost after planning so many WDW trips. Thank you for simplifying the basics, and after reading through your guide and the links provided, I think we are set to go!

Thank you very much for all of the great information. We are WDW vets, so this is very helpful in planning our DL visit!

Such a wonderful resource, thank you! Are there any FB pages for planning DL trips?

Such a wonderful resource, thank you! Are there any FB pages for planning DL trips?

Not that I know of. Really, if you are talking WDW vets looking to go to DLR, this forum is the best there is.

There are other forums that know more about DLR minutiae. But for someone with a WDW point of view, this forum offers better and more relevant info IMO.

:wizard:

Not that I know of. Really, if you are talking WDW vets looking to go to DLR, this forum is the best there is.

There are other forums that know more about DLR minutiae. But for someone with a WDW point of view, this forum offers better and more relevant info IMO.

:wizard:

Very insightful and well written information! :wizard: Looks like I'll be heading to DL sometime this year for the first time, and I'm so set in my ways with monorails and boats and ADRs that your post was just what I needed. I especially liked your section on immersion, as I'd been wondering about city exposure and how it might affect the overall "magic" of the place.

I'm also somewhat of a hotel geek (who will ride the WDW loop just to visit each of the MK area deluxe resorts), so I intend to visit all three on property hotels as well. Thanks for reminding us WDW vets to visit with an open mind and no FL expectations. Can't wait for my visit :banana:

(...do you guys have dole whip there?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter