• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

WOW you did a great Job on your info :thumbsup2 I have been to DLR 50 million times....yup at least that.....and enjoyed reading. I am subscribing so I can pass it on to my friends....Thanks ...and your boys are cute....your poor wife ...all those boys :lmao:

Hydroguy you are amazing:worship: I am a WDW vet and I am going to Disneyland for my second time this March. Your posts are great. I put them into a word doc and printed them!

Thanks a lot!

Thank you, Hydroguy, from a fellow Coloradian! I have been reading all your tips all over this board since we decided on a Spring break trip to California. We have been to WDW many times and since going there, my husband has been against going back to DL (last time we went it was only DL). I have been dying to go :yay: We have family in San Diego and last time we were in CA we didn't go to DLR so this time I said we HAVE to. But I can't get him to commit to how many days. So you give me a lot of ammo to work with!!! Thanks again for all your hard work.

That was FABULOUS! I bought the Unofficial Guide :confused3 this post was far better. You should publish this. I would pay for this!!:cheer2:
Deanna:thumbsup2

I'm printing it out so I can read it later tonight. I can plan a trip to WDW with my eyes closed but have no idea how to plan a trip to DL. I hope this guide helps.

Thanks!

Lori

Thank-you very, very much, this is the BEST thread EVER for someone like me who hasn't a clue about DLR but has been to WDW umpteen times. So helpful with all the links, and you have made me feel much better about my thought to go for August vacation- I'll just stick to your advice, and head to San Diego for the weekend!

And PP, don't feel too bad for his wife- I have 3 boys, and I have to say- It's GOOD to be Queen!:goodvibes

Brilliant!!!!!!!!! This totally put the DLR into perspectibe and as a Walt Disney World Vet it helped me prepare for my upcoming trip to DL. Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!!

WOW Hydroguy! I know you wrote this three years ago, but I've just stumbled across it! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much!

And greetings from Colorado Springs!

:worship: WOW! This is exactly what I needed!!

I've been to WDW numerous times and know a lot about it. This time we're planning on visiting Disneyland and I was totally lost. This thread sure helped me. I was a bit worried I'd be disappointed with Disneyland as Cast Member's at WDW like to mention DL is the size of Epcot's parking lot. Now I know there's more to it than that.

Thanks for taking the time to write this thread with all the links!! What a valuable helper for me!

Thank you so much for this thread. I have been going to WDW for the past thirty years but I've never been to DL & was clueless as to what to do/not to do @ DLR. I'm planing on going this upcoming year & your post is just what I needed.
Thank you sooooo much.

Hey Trey, just read the guide for the first time! On your list of "DL only" attractions you may want to add the Primeval section of the RR, and now Mr Lincoln. Also I forget was Gadgets go coaster there?

Great job, my one opinion that might be contrary is that I believe DLR food choices are of superior quality. I really don't care for the "themed" dining experience at WDW (annoying,loud, and intrusive) so I mainly do CS in the parks, so I can find a quiet alfresco place to eat.I think DLR has better CS food,and if you studied(can I sense a spreadsheet in your future.....please?) it just as much ethnic selection (as long as you count Italian,creole and cajun as ethnic).

I too am I WDW vet - DVC member and have just booked a vacation for 4 nights at the GCH (member points) I am so excited - I have never been to DLR and am so looking forward to it.. My DH on the other hand went several times when he was stationed in San Diego over 35 years ago.... He actually is looking forward to the Mint Julips (always talks about it). We will be celebrating our 32nd Wedding anniversary in DLR! Will be there from May 19 - the 23rd and then off to Las Vegas for a week.... What a vacation! :banana:

What a wonderful thread! We are in the early stages of planning our 2nd DLR trip and are much more familiar with WDW. The information contained in this thread will make planning this trip SO much easier. Great job!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter