A Disneyland Proposal....

Yeah I'm exactly the same WB, it's like it seems a lot more 'real' once a booking is in place and you can start planning around it.

I've already thought of how I'm going to surprise her with the trip itself. I'm going to tell her we're going away for a 'City Break' which will also involve plenty of walking, that way she'll have all the necessary stuff ready to pack.

On the Friday morning (we're going to leave for London on the Saturday morning) I'm going to put together a video montage to announce where we're going. Well, I say I'm "going to".....I've already done it! Windows Movie Maker is fantastic!

It's a 4-minute presentation with the 'flying' track from Peter Pan..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbg6g8xlbjo

It starts off with captions like 'Good morning and Happy Birthday" before posing the question "Do you remember the magic?". This cuts to a montage of pics from our last trip.

As the music picks up it declares "Well you're going back" then proceeds to explain the itinerary;

First Class Train travel to London Kings Cross (cue pics of the railway etc)
Days shopping in London (various pics of London landmarks)
Accomodation and evening meal at 5* hotel (TBC - no hotels are taking bookings yet)
Eurostar to the Magic (Eurostar Pics).

Then goes on to say;

4 DAYS, 3 NIGHTS (Disneyland pics)
UNLIMITED PARK ACCESS (more pics)
ON-SITE DISNEY HOTEL (pics of the Santa Fe - see below*)
£1000 SPENDING MONEY (Pics of the shops etc).

As the music fades out at the end it has....

"Do you remember the way.....?"

"Take the second star to the right..."

"...and on til' morning".

I'm absolutely chuffed to bit's with it and have watched it a million times over. I'd share it on here if I could create some sort of temporary link that can't be saved, I'm terrified she'll find out before the actual day!

* The last time we were at DLP she was saying how amazing it'd be to stay at the DLH. I'm gonna tell her we're staying at the Santa Fe which she'll be more than chuffed with. I'm open to any other idea's but I'm thinking of coming out of the station, going the "wrong way" to the Santa Fe and ending up outside the DLH.

Upon realising my 'mistake' I'll announce we've gone the "wrong bloody way" and tell her "we'll stay there one day baby"........before telling her that "lets make that day today......"!:)

I wish it was happening this December, I've no idea how I'm going to keep it under wraps for ANOTHER SIXTEEN MONTHS!

PHASE ONE IS COMPLETE!

Hurrah I've booked the trip! Just called now and spoke to possibly the most helpful, bubbly woman on the face of the planet! :) Obviously the operator should be good given they're working for Disney (and the amount of cash involved), but this lass was superb.

After going through the booking very clearly, and in a very personal and amusing manner, She asked if we were staying for a 'special occasion', she actually did a little squeal when I told her about my plans! I know they're paid to provide the "Disney Difference' but her glee seemed completely genuine!

They asked me to stay on the line to complete a quick satisfaction survey, I NEVER usually bother but this girl was worth an extra couple of minutes! :)

Why can't all customer service ALWAYS be like this???

I also asked about Dreams still showing when we visit (which she told me, if 482 days away!), you never know if you can squeeze any bit of info out but it's worth a try! She confirmed it would be showing daily until September 2014 then went on to say "it's an award-winning show, we've put a lot of resources into it so I can't see it stopping any time soon whatsoever"...!

So, I'm a deposit of £311.90 lighter, but happy to have things moving! :goodvibes

Ooh, this is so exciting! I got engaged in DLP in December 2011, and we're tying the knot in just under three months. DFi pulled me down to the castle first thing in the morning and asked me on the balcony. We had Fantasyland to ourselves and it was just perfect! The thought you're putting into this is just lovely - what a lucky lady :cloud9:

Glad you managed to get it all booked. :goodvibes

Glad it's all booked! I'd never be able to keep that all a secret.. but it will be so worth it! :cheer2:

A VERY brief update:

I've finally paid off my credit card this morning (we moved into a new house late last year and loads ended up going on credit!) so every spare penny from now on is going towards the Disneyland Proposal Fund! :love:

Only a million days to go now.....!

megarasweet said:
Ooh, this is so exciting! I got engaged in DLP in December 2011, and we're tying the knot in just under three months. DFi pulled me down to the castle first thing in the morning and asked me on the balcony. We had Fantasyland to ourselves and it was just perfect! The thought you're putting into this is just lovely - what a lucky lady :cloud9:

We got engaged on the balcony too, the sun was setting over Fantasyland and it was so romantic <3 Some Italian old guy got so excited because he saw it all, then shouted down to his family while pointing and screaming - think we made his day LOL!

I have just read the thread what a lucky girl :goodvibes.
As we are going at the same time let me know if you need any help ?.
Already told you we are staying off site sure someone could tell me where to pick up a bottle of Moët from near VDE..
:hyper:
I'm a bit of a planner to.

I have just read the thread what a lucky girl :goodvibes.
As we are going at the same time let me know if you need any help ?.
Already told you we are staying off site sure someone could tell me where to pick up a bottle of Moët from near VDE..
:hyper:
I'm a bit of a planner to.

That's incredibly kind of you and an offer I may well just take up! A bottle of bubbly from a supermarket would certainly cost me less than one from the bar at DLH :eek: ££! !

That's incredibly kind of you and an offer I may well just take up! A bottle of bubbly from a supermarket would certainly cost me less than one from the bar at DLH :eek: ££! !

No problem
Would be nice to help out its always nice to be nice I say !!:goodvibes

UPDATE!

Less than a year to go, still miles off but seems a little more real now :)

We've just been away for DGF's birthday for THIS year; a couple of nights in Liverpool, shopping and a night out, was lovely but she's no idea that next year will be way way bigger!

We've both booked our annual leave for the whole of next year (both our jobs require holidays to be booked for the following year in October?!!) so I'm happy that's sorted.

I've just booked the hotel in London for the night before we travel, and will be waiting for the Eurostar tickets to be released (think someone mentioned tickets for October will be released in January?), could really do with the £70 return tickets as this trip is costing me a fortune!

Going back to earlier in the thread, is anyone aware if the Wishes/a Dream To Live package is still available at DLH? I know Dreams won't be daily by then (?) but am hoping it'll be showing on the Monday night we're there as that's my planned 'Proposal Night'.....:goodvibes

Yes less than a year till I'm 40:scared1:

Where have you booked for the night before ?
I haven't booked anything for this trip for ages that will be the next thing I book but need to keep it as cheap as possible !!

Tbh I'm not holding out much hope for the cheap direct Eurostar for that week, I will be ringing as soon as they are realised but if they are to much money we will go indirect Lille looks very easy.
They £69 fare seem rare in school holiday times.

Happy planning

Rachael :)

Going back to earlier in the thread, is anyone aware if the Wishes/a Dream To Live package is still available at DLH? I know Dreams won't be daily by then (?) but am hoping it'll be showing on the Monday night we're there as that's my planned 'Proposal Night'.....:goodvibes

Yes the DLH is still doing the A Dream to live! package at 199 euros per person, but the menu has changed. Same package as before, cocktails in the Café Fantasia, then up to the Founders Club to watch Dreams! Then down to the California Grill for dinner. But now just order from the À la carte menu of the California Grill.

I haven't booked anything for this trip for ages that will be the next thing I book but need to keep it as cheap as possible !!
QUOTE]

I've gone for the Premier Inn at Kings Cross, not the most romantic of settings but the reviews are good and the location is utterly ideal (5 mins walk to the Eurostar terminal). Have paid £188 for a double room, including a three-course meal in the restaurant the night before and the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet the next morning.

I had big idea's that we'd go shopping round London all day then hit the town on the night. I then realised that it'll be freezing and we'll both be knackered so I reckon dinner in the hotel is the best bet!

Are we looking at January for the Eurostar ticket release?

QUOTE]

I've gone for the Premier Inn at Kings Cross, not the most romantic of settings but the reviews are good and the location is utterly ideal (5 mins walk to the Eurostar terminal). Have paid £188 for a double room, including a three-course meal in the restaurant the night before and the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet the next morning.

I had big idea's that we'd go shopping round London all day then hit the town on the night. I then realised that it'll be freezing and we'll both be knackered so I reckon dinner in the hotel is the best bet!

Are we looking at January for the Eurostar ticket release?

I've stayed in that premer inn before it's great ! Very handy Eurostar.
tesco just on the corner to if you need anything for Eurostar etc.
Think we will be staying in the travelodge round the corner tbh and having nandos for tea my ds1 loves that nandos says it the best we Been to and we been to a few lol.
We are also thinking we might go and see stomp again if I can get cheap tickets the kids love that show.

What I've read /been told is it will be January for the direct train.I will be on the phone as soon as they open, don't bother with trying to book on line I tried for our march trip the web site is rubbish.
Like I said if direct to expensive we will go indirect Lille.
Your gf is a very lucky girl :goodvibes
Do you live in York ?
Rachael

I've stayed in that premer inn before it's great ! Very handy Eurostar.
tesco just on the corner to if you need anything for Eurostar etc.

What I've read /been told is it will be January for the direct train.I will be on the phone as soon as they open, don't bother with trying to book on line I tried for our march trip the web site is rubbish.
Like I said if direct to expensive we will go indirect Lille.
Your gf is a very lucky girl :goodvibes
Do you live in York ?
Rachael

Ah that's good to hear regards the Premier Inn. I've very familiar with that Tesco's as we all pile in there after London football away games for booze before the train home. Yes, we're in York, so not too far from you in Durham (which is a good night out I might add, we went there for a hen do (don't ask!) a while back)!

How do folk get wind of the exact date Eurostar tickets become available over the phone? Or is it just a case of constantly ringing them to find out?

Ah that's good to hear regards the Premier Inn. I've very familiar with that Tesco's as we all pile in there after London football away games for booze before the train home. Yes, we're in York, so not too far from you in Durham (which is a good night out I might add, we went there for a hen do (don't ask!) a while back)!

How do folk get wind of the exact date Eurostar tickets become available over the phone? Or is it just a case of constantly ringing them to find out?

We where in York last Tuesday we had a great day,weather was fab.
Only 45 mins on the train.
Lol I've seen many football fans in that tesco.

Re Eurostar
There will be a thread about it on here or another website.
There always a lot of people waiting to book I rang about our march ones 4 times some others rang a lot more and updated the thread if any news.
You won't miss it.

Hi all
Just a quickie to update you all on the latest developments (for those who are interested)!

Things are coming along nicely, I've got the Eurostar booked, and although it was a little more than I'd like to have paid I got the exact dates I wanted, AND direct so I'm happy enough on that front.

I'd been emailing various address' within DLH and getting the odd response here and there but nothing constant or concrete. However, after pretty much just pestering them I seem to have gained my own 'personal proposal planner' (or at least that's the title I've given her)! She's been incredibly helpful; although emails responses can take between five minutes and two weeks, there is the constant contact I was looking for, which at such an early stage is all I could ask for!

So it's so far so good! The DGF has booked the time off work but has no idea where we're going (but knows we ARE going somewhere). I'm thinking of trying to throw her off the scent by planting fake 'hints' that we're going to Edinburgh for the weekend....just not sure how to do it as yet!

:)

Yorkieal said:
So it's so far so good! The DGF has booked the time off work but has no idea where we're going (but knows we ARE going somewhere). I'm thinking of trying to throw her off the scent by planting fake 'hints' that we're going to Edinburgh for the weekend....just not sure how to do it as yet!

:)
Maybe leave the laptop open on a search page for hotels in Edinburgh or leave some brochures about ;)
Just don't forget her passport!!
Great to see your plans taking shape. Cannot wait to read all about your proposal and her acceptance :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter