A Disney Trip 7 Years In the Making (AKA: Mom, This Is The Best Place EVER!!)

FlaGrl38

Earning My Ears

Ok, I'm not gonna lie....this is really hard to write. I didn't think I would be as bummed as I am about coming back. We had an AMAZING time. Amazing doesn't even begin to cover it. It was more like "wonderful-awesome-fantastic-stupendous-incredible-I-never-want-it-to-end-please-don't-make-me-go-home-AMAZING.

We went to work on Friday as usual, and some how the Disney God's smiled on me and I got out of work a couple of hours early! :cool1: I RAN out of there knowing that Bernie had already been home for a while and we would hopefully be able to leave a couple of hours early. I got home....and realized that the kids hadn't been bathed yet....the final toiletries hadn't been packed...and the boyfriend had friends over. :crazy2: I managed to get everyone ready to go, packed the rest of the stuff, and somehow managed to get us all out the door at the whopping time of...6pm.

We FINALLY made it on the road, and started cruising along, actually enjoying the sights (its a boring drive....VERY boring). The kids were eating their happy meals, and Bernie and I were commenting on the fact that the weather was nice, not too hot, not too cold...and then the skies decided to open up. (I should note, I hate driving in the rain....absolutely hate it. It makes me nervous and I am a worrier by nature). So after a panicked hour or so, we finally made it to Orlando. The entire drive, we were telling our kids (ages 6 and 2) that we were going to Tampa to visit their uncle. Well, anyone who knows anything about the Fl Turnpike knows that once you get near I-4, there are signs for Tampa every mile or so....so our story was actually holding up for once! That is....until we exited off of I-4 and saw this:
883508_10151413088124667_1997621075_o.jpg

(Ok...to be honest, this picture was taken the NEXT morning, because by the time we got there it was dark and I didn't have my camera ready....but it still counts because it was the first time we actually SAW the sign. So Hrmph.)

Anyway, my oldest son kind of sort of saw the sign even though it was dark and starts screaming "OH MY GOSH, MOM!! WE'RE AT DISNEY!!!" It was such a :rotfl: moment for me because I have been planning this for such a long time. It was well worth the stress and hassle JUST to see his face (the youngest was of course sleeping when his brother freaked out and woke up not knowing what in the world was going on). We made our way to the All Star Sports Resort and the entire way, Christopher would exclaim "Mom! Another Disney Bus! Awesome!" It was cute the first few times, but after the couple hundredth Disney bus...well...it wasn't so cute anymore. Here are a few pics that I was able to get of the hotel and our room.
3000710729_9d48042576.jpg

The main entrance, again taken the next day..

I just love seeing that sign welcoming you to the happiest place on earth! Glad you enjoyed your trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter