• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney Teen's Trip Report: All the way back in September!!

A little late but Im subscribing...Im actually at Wilderness Lodge(well the Villas) as we speak. Can't wait for more.

Loving your report! You, your mom, and brother are all too cute and I love the pics.

I'm 20 and always feel like the youngest person on here, so it's cool to read a 16 year old's report! I was 16 the first time we stayed at POP and I am still obsessed with it to this day. Haven't been to WDW since without staying there for part of the trip. :-)

well aint you lucky i wish it would snow this far south im three hours away from dis it never snows here dang it.
this is the first TR i've ever read its really good so far looks like ya'll had fun oh and btw cool sunglasses:thumbsup2

It's actually really cool because it never snows here either so to get this much is really weird. Haha. Thanks for reading! My sunglasses are one of my most prized possessions. Haha. Thanks. :cool2:

Great Report so Far! I love reading TRs by other teens! :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

:yay: on being able to play in the snow! Our snow has been and gone so no more school/work closures. Loving the new update and looking forward to reading more :)

The snow has still not melted here. I dont even want to play in it anymore. I just don't like being stranded at my house. Haha.:thumbsup2 Thanks again for reading.

Awesome TR. :) I'm hoping to do the college program too but I don't know when I'll have time for it!

Thank you! I hope you will be able to do it because it sounds wonderful. :)

A little late but Im subscribing...Im actually at Wilderness Lodge(well the Villas) as we speak. Can't wait for more.

Thanks for reading!! Its so cool that you're in Disney now. Im jealous! :laughing: Where did you find the time to get to a computer? Haha. The Lodge is one of my favorite hotels at Disney. Hope your having fun!! :yay:

Loving your report! You, your mom, and brother are all too cute and I love the pics.

I'm 20 and always feel like the youngest person on here, so it's cool to read a 16 year old's report! I was 16 the first time we stayed at POP and I am still obsessed with it to this day. Haven't been to WDW since without staying there for part of the trip. :-)

Thank you!! :flower3: I always feel like the youngest on here. I really like POP and would stay there again for sure. It is a really cool place to just walk around because there is just so much to look at.

I have been out of school for 4 days now and will have tomorrow off too. It's really cool that we dont have school but it is not cool that I can't do anything outside of this house.:bored: I have some serious cabin fever, but my friend is coming to save me tomorrow, which is good. :goodvibes

Day 1- Friday Night- Pop Century
So forgetting about the cold outside :cold:, let's return to a warm Florida evening.:beach:
We were on our way to go get some food and look around Everything Pop. As I said before, I didn't like the quality of my photos thus far so I started messing with the settings.

Attempt 1:
Disney_516.jpg

Attempt 2:
Disney_518.jpg

Attempt 3:
Disney_519.jpg

Finally, I gave up and gave into the fact that my camera just wasn't meant for night time pictures.:confused3

On the elevator
Disney_520.jpg

We walked by the kiddie pool area and Jake decided he wanted a picture with the car.:car:
Disney_521.jpg

I decided that I wanted one too.
Disney_522.jpg

I have had my driver's license for about six months now and I love it. I love driving and being independent.:drive: Jake will probably get his learners permit in May.

We walked into the food court and it was madness! There were so many people and it was getting pretty late. I was afraid to think of what it looked like at breakfast. :eek: Jake wanted pizza, his favorite. He probably had pizza every day while we were there. I decided on these asian noodles and my mom just wanted to share.
Disney_523.jpg

I liked the noodles but my mom didn't really care for them so she ate the vegetables that came inside.

After dinner we walked around Everything Pop for a while. Jake went and dressed up like Jack Sparrow with the hat and a sword. It was cute. pirate:

Continued In Next Post:

After looking around in the gift shop, we decided to take a leisurely stroll around the resort.

Disney_524.jpg

Disney_525.jpg

On the Generation Gap Bridge:
Disney_527.jpg

If you look across the water there is this huge building that isn't on the map and we couldnt figure out what it was for. :confused3 If anyone knows, please share. Haha.

Walking toward the 50's section.
Disney_528.jpg

Disney_529.jpg

Bowling Pin Pool!
Disney_530.jpg

Disney_531.jpg

Back in our own decade:
Disney_532.jpg

Disney_533.jpg

Did anyone notice my really awkward arm??? :rotfl2:

Disney_534.jpg

See the phone in Jake's hand?? Keep that in mind for later.

Final photo of the evening
Disney_535.jpg

I liked this picture alot, until I saw that Jake was picking Mr. Potato Head's nose. :lmao: I'm sure he wasn't the first.

We were tired and decided to go back to our room. I can't remember what time we fell asleep though. The next day we had to transfer to the Wilderness Lodge and then we were going to EPCOT!!!

Great pics of Pop - love the one of your mum and Jake in the elevator though had to laugh at the one of Jake with the car...eerie alien eyes!

Btw didn't even notice that Jake was picking Mr Potato Head's nose until you mentioned it :laughing: Hope you get to leave the house soon :)

We will have Day 5 out tomorrow. We already were getting a 3 day weekend with the MLK holiday. So in all, when we go back Tuesday, we will have been out for ten days. We have never had five snow days in row - ever.

It doesn't matter if some of your Pop pictures are blurry or dark or whatever. I can totally relate to where you were on every one of them and the fun (giddiness, maybe? :yay:) you were having walking around the resort. We have stayed in the Big Wheel building, too. We were right over in front of the playground. It was a great spot. :)

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I have been so busy after going back to school and what not. Haha.

Great pics of Pop - love the one of your mum and Jake in the elevator though had to laugh at the one of Jake with the car...eerie alien eyes!

Btw didn't even notice that Jake was picking Mr Potato Head's nose until you mentioned it :laughing: Hope you get to leave the house soon :)

Haha my brother is almost as goofy as I am. :rotfl: And after going back to school, I wish I was back inside my house. ;)

We will have Day 5 out tomorrow. We already were getting a 3 day weekend with the MLK holiday. So in all, when we go back Tuesday, we will have been out for ten days. We have never had five snow days in row - ever.

It doesn't matter if some of your Pop pictures are blurry or dark or whatever. I can totally relate to where you were on every one of them and the fun (giddiness, maybe? :yay:) you were having walking around the resort. We have stayed in the Big Wheel building, too. We were right over in front of the playground. It was a great spot. :)

We had ten days off too! It was awesome!! I actually miss it.

I really like that resort and would totally stay there again, hands down. There is just so much to see and do. :thumbsup2

Just joined in! Great TR so far! Can't wait to hear about WL!!

Thanks for joining us!!! :cool1:

those buildings you saw where going to be even further back in the decades they stoped building them after 9/11 and just never started again now as to if they are using them for anything i have no clue but i wish they would finish them. i hope that answered your question:thumbsup2

Awesome trip report! You are very good with the extra antics and keeping us interested in your TR. Update ASAP! :)

those buildings you saw where going to be even further back in the decades they stoped building them after 9/11 and just never started again now as to if they are using them for anything i have no clue but i wish they would finish them. i hope that answered your question:thumbsup2

That's really interesting! Thanks for letting me know. It would be cool if they finished building it. :goodvibes

Awesome trip report! You are very good with the extra antics and keeping us interested in your TR. Update ASAP! :)

Thank you very much!! I have been very busy but now I finally have a chance to update. Thanks for sticking with me! ;)

any time if you have any more questions ill be more then glad to try to answer them

The location for the old clasic years buildings is where they are now building the art of animation resort, which should be opening some time in 2012.

I know I keep saying that I will post and here it is......FINALLY! :rolleyes: This week has been very busy. This weeked I took the SAT, had softball tryouts, got really sick, finished two projects, and then yesterday I hit someone's car on accident.:confused3 Is was no big deal, just a little bump and a scratch. Everyone and everything is okay. :thumbsup2 As you can tell, I was just a little stressed out this week. But now that everything has calmed down I promise that I will try to post more often. Thanks for sticking with me everyone. :goodvibes

Day 2- Saturday Morning- A multitude of busses ;)

I don't remember what time we got up this morning but we left our suitcases in the room (they transferred them to the Wilderness Lodge for free) and went to go get breakfast. Jake and I had a bagel and I can't remember what Mom had. Sorry, no pictures! :sad2:

So our next task was trying to find a bus to take us from Pop to the Wilderness Lodge. We thought we would just catch a bus to a park and then to WL. Well the first bus we saw was to Downtown Disney so we jumped on that one.

Disney_536.jpg

We all didn't plan to wear red either. :rolleyes: Haha. If you look on Jake's eye, he was starting to develop a stye. Poor kid, it would go away in a few days though.

We were the only ones on the bus, which was cool.
Disney_537.jpg

It was about 9:37 when we pulled into DTD.
Disney_538.jpg

Looking out the window.
Disney_539.jpg

As many times as we have been to Disney, we have never been here. There is just too much to do and see. Why waste time on shopping? ;)

So at this point we got off the bus and waited for about thirty minutes for another one to take us to WL. Well.......so we thought. We got on the bus for another 45 minutes and it took us to the Fort Wilderness Settlement Depot, which is where you can take a bunch of different busses to get around Fort Wilderness. Oops.....wrong bus. :laughing: Haha! So now what do we do?? The man working there told us to get on the yellow bus. So we get on the yellow bus....

Being goofy :rotfl:
Disney_540.jpg

Well the yellow bus took us all around Fort Wilderness, and man that place is HUGE!!! We were on the bus for ANOTHER 45 minutes! Finally we pulled up to the Wilderness Lodge. We all lauged about it and called it "the trip around the world". :rotfl2: From what I saw from the few minutes that we were inside the lobby, it was so beautiful and felt just like home. :goodvibes We checked in and didn't even bother going up to the room, we just wanted to go to EPCOT!!!

Am glad you managed to find WL in the end...wow you guys had quite a journey!

Hope your week gets better and am glad no one was hurt in the car accident.

Looking forward to reading about your day at Epcot :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter