A Disney Teen's Trip Report: All the way back in September!!

disney_teen

Mouseketeer
Hey ya'll! I am mostly a lurker but this is my first time doing a trip report and I'm pretty nervous and excited. I'm a little worried no one will respond or read it but if just one person reads this then that's good enough for me! :goodvibes

So lets start with the introductions, shall we??

Me (disney_teen): So my name is Tristan and I am sixteen and a junior in high school. The reason I chose to do a report now is because I finally have time now that school is over and all of my AP classes are done with (Thank Goodness!!). I also need my Disney fix since there is no trip in the works. I love all things Disney and have for a while. I went first when I was 4 and have been back about seven or eight times after. My plan is to graduate high school and enroll at the University of Central Florida then take a year off and do the Disney College Program. After that I'm not quite sure. Haha.

Disney339.jpg

I love Pirates and Princesses alike. My favorite ride is Everest and my favorite park is the Magic Kingdom :earsboy:. People tell me I am most like Tinkerbell beacuse my nickname is Sassy. Haha.

Jake: My little brother. He is 14 and a freshman but yes, he looks much younger. He has a form of Autism called Asperger's Syndrome. This means he has difficulty socializing and communicating with others. He also had ADHD which makes him unable to focus sometimes but insted focus all of his attention on a certain topic, which in this case is Star Wars. He can tell you everything you need to know about the movies, show, books, toys, ect. The boy could talk your ear off but he is so sweet and kind. Even though we fight alot, I love him to death. :hug:

Tristin228.jpg

Like I said, he loves Star Wars. As you can guess his favorite ride is the Star Wars ride. His favorite park is Hollywood Studios becaues he wants to be an actor when he grows up. :wizard: He is most like Mickey because whenever you are around him you can't help but smile and he has the most fantastic imagination. He also loves Disney.

Mom A.K.A. Stacy: She is a third grade special education teacher :teacher: who loves her job almost as much as Disney. She is probably the only one who loves Disney as much as I do. We fight alot but thats to be expected. My parents got divorced a few years back so it is just us on this trip. Her hobbies include acting and traveling.

Tristin355.jpg

She doesn't really have a favorite character, atleast I don't think she does.:confused3 Anyways, her favorite ride is also Everest but her favorite park is Epcot. She is most like Belle because she loves to read and just wants to be her own person.

Trip Plans:
We had a random school break from the 18-26 in September so we decided to take the trip then, hoping everyone else was in school. Our trip was originally planed from the 18-23 but mom figured out we had frequent flyer miles that we could use on Friday the 17 so we changed plans. I was excited to fly because we always drive. Mom pulled us out of school on friday around lunch time and my grandma drove us to the airport. We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge but mom decided that in order to save money we would stay at Pop Century for the first night. So after arriving at the airport, we ate at Chili's and got on the plane around 5:30. We were off and were so excited!!!! :cool1:

Hi Tristan! I'm also a disney-loving teen (just got back on the 30th!), and I can't wait to read the rest of your report. popcorn::

Sorry it has taken so long to post again. School just started and I am still getting used to my new classes. so for those of you that are here thank you!!! And if you are just joining us that's awesome too. So here we go!! :banana:
Day 1- Friday

The plane ride was alright. I fell asleep.....that's so typical of me. Haha. :laughing:
Disney_495.jpg

I honestly don't know why I look so mad in this picture. :confused3 Jake looks so precious...as usual. Oh and just to let everyone know I usually put on make up, and nice clothes, and take time to do my hair. Today though.......lets just say i was looking a little rough. We got off the plane a little after 6:30.

You can only guess where we went next.
Disney_496.jpg

There was no wait in line and we were the first ones on the bus.
Disney_497.jpg

Again, precious.:lovestruc

Disney_498.jpg

Only a couple of more people were on the bus now.
Disney_499.jpg

The bus next to our's. I think the back is too cute.
Disney_500.jpg

The fam! :hug:
Disney_501.jpg

Don't we look alike? :rolleyes:
Disney_502.jpg

Why does he have to be so gosh darn cute all the time!!
Disney_503.jpg

At this point we had waited on the bus until about 7:15 and were joined by about 5 other families. There was this one little girl that turned around to face me and my mom. She says, "I'm going to Disney World!" I replied, "Me too!" She looks at me and my mom and goes, "NO WAY!!":lmao: Haha. She was so adorable. I asked her if she was excited to see Mickey. She said of course because he was the boss. Haha. I thought she was so cute! :rotfl2:

We watched the video and a cute cartoon and we finally got to our first resort! POP CENTURY!! Yay! :cloud9:

Disney_504.jpg

I love your trip report so far. THe pictures are great and you are right your little brother is cute. Can't wait to read more.

Finally found another teen trip report! :) can't wait to read more.

We've stayed at Pop many times, so I am ready to see more pictures of our 'home'.

I'm glad to read that your mom loves her job. Teaching is a difficult profession these days and very frustrating, as well. It's good to have dedicated teachers in spite of that. I taught third grade for about ten years, and now I teach second. I taught 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Title I before going into a classroom. I can honestly say I do not love my job anywhere near as much as I love Disney. ;)

Sounds like you are an incredible big sister to Jake. :)

I hope the Disney College Program works out for you. I bet it is an awesome experience.

I can't wait to hear more! (I have a daughter named Tristan. Don't come across too many girls with that name.)

Great reports so far - am definitely subscribing and looking forward to reading more! :surfweb: Yeah for being able to visit Disney World so regularly - were going for the first time September this year and really looking forward to our trip :dance3: Hope you manage to enrol to University and get on the Disney College Program if that is what you want to do.
By the way your mum looks really young...thought she was your sister at first lol! :rotfl:

TanzUnited99 :)

I love your trip report so far. THe pictures are great and you are right your little brother is cute. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for joining in! My brother says thanks for calling him cute. Haha. :thumbsup2

I love reading other teens' TRs :-) Great start!

Me too! Thanks for reading! :)

Finally found another teen trip report! :) can't wait to read more.

Thanks!! If you know of any other teens that would be intrested in reading invite them over!

We've stayed at Pop many times, so I am ready to see more pictures of our 'home'.

I'm glad to read that your mom loves her job. Teaching is a difficult profession these days and very frustrating, as well. It's good to have dedicated teachers in spite of that. I taught third grade for about ten years, and now I teach second. I taught 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Title I before going into a classroom. I can honestly say I do not love my job anywhere near as much as I love Disney. ;)

Sounds like you are an incredible big sister to Jake. :)

I hope the Disney College Program works out for you. I bet it is an awesome experience.

Your pictures of Pop are so pretty! You will soon find that at night, my little point and shoot camera does not do the resort justice. :goodvibes
My mom is a wonderful teacher but even I know there are days when she is so fustrated! :rotfl:
Thank you! My little brother would beg to differ though. Haha. We fight alot but he means the world to me. ( Shhh. Don't tell him I said that. :laughing:)
Thanks! Doing the College Program would be the best experience ever. I can't wait for that opportunity. :wizard:
Thanks for reading!!
P.S. Happy snow day!!!! :woohoo:

I can't wait to hear more! (I have a daughter named Tristan. Don't come across too many girls with that name.)

Thanks! Thats really cool. A girl named Tristan is really rare. Everyone always assumes it's a boy's name. :confused3

Cant wait to read more

That's awesome. Thanks for reading along!

subscribing in! :)

Thank you!!!! I love when people say that! :)

Great reports so far - am definitely subscribing and looking forward to reading more! :surfweb: Yeah for being able to visit Disney World so regularly - were going for the first time September this year and really looking forward to our trip :dance3: Hope you manage to enrol to University and get on the Disney College Program if that is what you want to do.
By the way your mum looks really young...thought she was your sister at first lol! :rotfl:

TanzUnited99 :)

You are going to have the time of your life!! Disney is really the Happiest Place on Earth! My college dream is a really big one so I hope I am accepted. :thumbsup2 Haha. My mom thought you comment was the best ever. :laughing: Thanks for reading!!

Hello everyone! Today was a snow day for us down here in the south. :cool1: I just got inside from sledding and boy was it cold. I had three pairs of pants on and 5 shirts/ jackets. I think it's safe to assume that I don't like the cold. Haha. :rotfl2: I had tons of fun playing with my family and neighbors though. I may post some pictures later. No school tomorrow either!! Yay! :banana:
Anyways......:rolleyes:

Day 1- Friday Night- Pop Century

We finally arrived at our new "home"..... well atleat for a few hours. My mom and I went to check in while Jake looked at all of the things on the wall. My mom noticed that the girl checking us in was enrolled in the Disney College Program. We started to ask her questions and she said it was fun, but a lot of hard work. I told her that I wanted to do the program and she encouraged me, saying that it was one of the best experiences of her life. I wish I could remember her name or where she went to college. :confused3
While we were still on the bus, my mom and I made a bet about what decade we would be staying in. I said the 80's (my favorite decade) and she said the 70's (her favorite). Turns out mom was right. :hippie: The 70's it would be (only my 3rd favorite ;)) so we headed out. Jake didn't really have an opinion. Haha.

Before we start, I have to give a few disclaimers about my photos. Most of them were taken while I'm walking, so they aren't exactly straight. My camera doesn't take photos at night very well. I'm always lagging behind, so lots of pictures are of mom and Jake from behind. Some pictures may be blurry. I kind of just take pictuers while I go and none are really planned. Haha. Again, sorry about that. :rotfl2:

Walking to our room.
Disney_505.jpg

Can you even tell what this is? :rolleyes:
Disney_506.jpg

My mom had to explain to me what these were. :lmao:
Disney_507.jpg

Oops. Blurry.
Disney_508.jpg

Disney_510.jpg

Our room number!
Disney_512.jpg

Our room was on the third floor and had a lovely view of..........trees. :rotfl: Oh well, we didn't come for the view.

Family photo!
Disney_513.jpg

The table got in the way so we tried again.
Disney_514.jpg

Ahh. Much better!

The photo collage in our room.
Disney_515.jpg

Now we were all getting hungry so we decided to go get dinner from the food court. This was the only meal we paid for (excuse me, my mom paid for ;)) out of pocket. Did I forget to mention we were on the Disney Dining Plan?!? Well, we were!! :woohoo:

Well that's about it for today. I really want to play in the snow again before it gets dark. :yay:

well aint you lucky i wish it would snow this far south im three hours away from dis it never snows here dang it.
this is the first TR i've ever read its really good so far looks like ya'll had fun oh and btw cool sunglasses:thumbsup2

Great Report so Far! I love reading TRs by other teens! :thumbsup2

:yay: on being able to play in the snow! Our snow has been and gone so no more school/work closures. Loving the new update and looking forward to reading more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter