• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
newtodis: Thanks so much for your input on the shopping/planning! I think I will make a list starting for the first week in June of things to buy, think about, or make. like maybe the first week, I will finalize my packing list and finalize all my plans based on any changes in park hours, then the next week I'll focus on buying some new tank tops for Disney and Mouse keeping..or something..See i'm a full time grad student so I always have plenty else on my mind, but all I want to do is Disney!

Which leads me to my most recent conundrum: I really want to give DHS the attention it deserves. Right now I am hoping there during Fantasmic and hoping for shorter lines, and doing the Fantasmic Dinner package on another day. I don't know if this will be enough time- I mainly worry because of crowds! But, here's the kicker. Fantasmic is on Tuesday/Thursday, DHS has EMH Monday Wednesday and Friday that week, leaving me no GOOD day to go. Any ideas? would you go on a EMH (maybe in the opposite time of day EMH are), or would you go on a fantasmic day? Choices, Choices!

You're very welcome. Sounds like you have a plan in mind which is good! :goodvibes Can't blame you about only wanting to do Disney - I think I suffer from that same alement!!

I can't help much with the plans/DHS part as I travel with my two little ones and we basically fit in the big people rides along the way. I wouldn't really know where to start with big people rides! :rotfl: The other thing I would check would be special events. I can't recall any off the top of my head during that time but if they're having a pirate: & princess: party you'll obviously want to avoid that as well and know the other parts are going to be more busy that night. What we're going to do (what I've planned for us to do) is avoid the EMH park as much as possible. If we can't, I try and flop like if it's morning EMHs, then we'll go at night. My thinking is if people are there at 8, chances of them staying through the entire day are slim. I know some people do it but with the summer heat I'm thinking that's just not as likely.

You're very welcome. Sounds like you have a plan in mind which is good! :goodvibes Can't blame you about only wanting to do Disney - I think I suffer from that same alement!!

I can't help much with the plans/DHS part as I travel with my two little ones and we basically fit in the big people rides along the way. I wouldn't really know where to start with big people rides! :rotfl: The other thing I would check would be special events. I can't recall any off the top of my head during that time but if they're having a pirate: & princess: party you'll obviously want to avoid that as well and know the other parts are going to be more busy that night. What we're going to do (what I've planned for us to do) is avoid the EMH park as much as possible. If we can't, I try and flop like if it's morning EMHs, then we'll go at night. My thinking is if people are there at 8, chances of them staying through the entire day are slim. I know some people do it but with the summer heat I'm thinking that's just not as likely.

Good point about the morning EMH. I'm still not sure what to do. I think I am just going to go on a Fantasmic day, though and do the whole day there with a break.

Okay. As you know, in my last post, I expressed displeasure wiht my touring plans. I've been thinking a lot about what exactly I want to do, and I have finally come up with a finalized itinerary (atleast I think). I decided to just do DHS on a Fantasmic day, being there at rope drop & praying for the fantasmic dinner package. Here we go:

Day 1: Arrive by 1:00. Head to Epcot, ADR: Coral Reef around 7:00
Day 2: AK Rope Drop. Break (unpack, explore, swim). Adr Ohana's, probably around 6:30. Hang out at the resort, wishes on the Beach, electrical water parade/second showing of spectro (if they add one). MK EMH from 10-1... sticking it out till 1 AM to get on everything :)
Day 3: Sleep in! Breakfast at Boardwalk or Resort. Going to take the bus to DHS, boat to boardwalk and walk to International gateway (it's the WS day). ADR Germany 1:30-2:00, ADR Rose and Crown 7:30-8:00
Day 4: DHS at Rope drop. Sci Fi & Brown Derby this day, hopefully Brown Derby with the F! Dinner package. Days 4 & 6 are interchangable, so if I can only get the F! Package on Thursday, then so be it.
Day 5: Seaworld! Raglan Road ADR around 9:00
Day 6: AK around 9:30-10:00. Finish anything we missed, look at Animals, explore. Back to hotel for a break, then Dinner at Flying Fish around 6-7. This leaves us with a free night! Maybe we will hang at the boardwalk, maybe go to DHS or Epcot to see anything we missed...it will be left up to fate! Mini golf? Any fun night time ideas? Maybe DTD for shopping?
Day 7: Epcot RD, finish up anything we missed. ADR- Le Cellier for Lunch. Back to hotel- rehersal dinner this night
Day 8: Hang out at AKL. Im going to tentatively make ADR's at Teppan Edo for lunch, and when I find out when I have to be around for the wedding and such, might cancel it.
Day 9: Last day! DTD ADR T-REX around noon. Hang out at DTD and go shopping, use up any shack credits, etc. Have to be back at hotel by 3:00.

So that's the latest and greatest..It was one of those plans that When I figured it out, I got that "just right feeling". It all matches up with TGM's best days, it's what I want..now just pray I get all my ADR's!!! Thanks to everyone who has been coming along..what do you think?!

Pictures of my planning Binder!!! WARNING: PICTURES ARE VERY BIG. I do not have patience to resize currently. thanks and come again :)

Cover, DBF's favorite Disney Movie is Robin Hood, and we always joke that Robin Hood & Maid Marion are like us!
100_0074.jpg

My Disney to do Calendar- I have one of these for every month, with important dates noted on them- last day for payment, etc etc.
100_0075.jpg

My Disney notes pages...these are for random notes I need to make, I keep one on my desk so when i'm surfing the DIS, so if I see a good tip or something I need to remember, i can just jot it down!
100_0076.jpg

My Disney Hours table, behind it is some places to eat. This is my Park Hours Tab....don't know why the places to eat is behind it :rotfl:
100_0077.jpg

I have one of these for each Park, this is just an example, using my Epcot one! They are still blank, but will be filled out!
100_0078.jpg

These are all my tabs...I love the colored, half folder dividers..they make it so fun looking!

100_0079.jpg

And this is my binder from the side..so you can see how thick it is
100_0080.jpg

And, this is the front inside cover of my Binder. It has Two pockets in the front cover!
005-1-1.jpg

Some Specs about my Binder: It's a 1.5 Inch Pink binder, i LOVE pink so that's why I choose this color ( I think it was like $2.00 at Walmart).

:dance3:

Oh, and I added a poll about what to do on My free night with DBF in the world. I'm trying to make this fun :) Hopefully people will vote!

Love the binder! :thumbsup2

I voted for Boardwalk because that's what we're going to do on our date night. I want to check out Jellyrolls, the dueling piano place.

HI! Reading along.

I like your binder. I need to get mine started, but my printer is broken. AAAKK! So I have to wait for my new one.

I am worried about things falling out of the pockets. As a teacher, I can tell you that if things aren't on the rings, they get lost. Only temporary, quickly needed things should live in the pockets.

So, you have 2 options:

1) Get big binder clips (they come in pretty colors, don't worry) and clip those things to the binder

OR

2) punch holes in them and get them onto the rings!

Sorry to boss, but it's causing me serious Dis-stress!!:rotfl:

Love your power point idea. Don't know why it never occurred to me. I love power point!

Now, have you gotten him back for his April fool's joke? How about mocking up a Tshirt design and telling him you're wearing them? He might even like the idea!

WOW:worship:
You are much more organized than I am! I just put all my info into my iCalendar on my computer and on my sticky's (notepad to a MAC). Your plans all look good. I voted for boardwalk... if I was there without my DD I would love to hang out at Jellyrolls for a while at night!:goodvibes

WOW! That binder is amazing -- good job! :thumbsup2 You're so organized, very impressive!!

So, I voted on your poll to do DTD. Although, I might suggest strolling the Boardwalk -- especially since I've never been there. I think either of those two options would be a lot of fun.

I sooooo LOVE this page/idea! I think I may just have to copy that!! By the way. Your plans are looking very good!:thumbsup2

Thanks! Feel free to copy, I believe that copying is the best form of flattery :goodvibes

WOW:worship:
You are much more organized than I am! I just put all my info into my iCalendar on my computer and on my sticky's (notepad to a MAC). Your plans all look good. I voted for boardwalk... if I was there without my DD I would love to hang out at Jellyrolls for a while at night!:goodvibes
Thank you! I haven't hung out at jellyrolls EVER, so I'm thinking boardwalk also. But there has been 2 votes for DTD, and that might be a tough choice! Everyone has their own ways of planning... I'm just super OCD, so don't feel bad about your icalander plans!

WOW! That binder is amazing -- good job! :thumbsup2 You're so organized, very impressive!!

So, I voted on your poll to do DTD. Although, I might suggest strolling the Boardwalk -- especially since I've never been there. I think either of those two options would be a lot of fun.

I think so too! I'm stuck between DTD and Boardwalk. thanks for voting!

:cool1:Awesome binder!:worship:I salute you.

Thank you!

I am worried about things falling out of the pockets. As a teacher, I can tell you that if things aren't on the rings, they get lost. Only temporary, quickly needed things should live in the pockets

Love your power point idea. Don't know why it never occurred to me. I love power point!

Now, have you gotten him back for his April fool's joke? How about mocking up a Tshirt design and telling him you're wearing them? He might even like the idea!

Thanks so much for that idea! I think I will go get fun binder clips, because that binder is going to travel with me and my heart would break if everything fell out when it was flipped upside down. Good thinking! I haven't gotten him back for the april fool's joke..i'm still thinking baout them. I could do a tshirt design for him.....:confused3 was thinking about telling him that Disney canceled our reservations, that i got the due date for payment wrong (when our due date gets closer)..but he also jumps in and reads this forum every now and then so none of those may work!

Love the binder! :thumbsup2

I voted for Boardwalk because that's what we're going to do on our date night. I want to check out Jellyrolls, the dueling piano place.

Thanks for voting! Boardwalk is getting lots of votes so far....I've never been to jellyrolls!

Well, this weekend is the weekend of doom. ADR weekend...the fact that it's the weekend makes me more nervous because that means more people will be at home, trying to make ADRs! Tommorow morning I can only make my first ADR for Saturday night, then I have to wake up early again on Sunday to make the rest. 6:45 AM here I come! I have everything all set- 1st, second and even third choices where it applies. I really want Ohana on Sunday night and the F! dinner package on Tuesday night, but I will be asking for Ohana first thing because that's the one I want BAD.

I'm starting to get nervous about paying off our trip on time. DBF has a good job, but lots of other expenses to pay. I'm full time grad student, and just beginning a nannying job. Originally, she told me I would start full time the first week in June. Our payment is due June 11- so I was like sweet, I can put all that money towards the payment and be fine. Now, I'm not starting till June 15, and I'm very nervous because that means I won't be able to contribute anything towards it at all by June 11! Does anyone know If i call Disney, will they push it back 2 weeks? If they will, then we are all set...just so nervous:sad2:

So in regards to my poll..it looks like boardwalk is winning! I was also thinking of strolling over to Beach club/yacht club to check them out, and maybe get some dessert at Beaches and Cream...Kitchen Sink anyone? :rotfl:

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to get my tired self a pedicure. I will update about my ADR's as they happen this weekend! Pray & wish for me that I will get generally what i want!!!

Love the binder. Mine's white so not as pretty as yours! :goodvibes Check out the Creative DISigns board - I know a while back someone was making/customizing pages for binders. I don't know if they still are or not.

As for the "Date night" I have no idea - I've never been without kids so I really can't suggest anything - whatever both of you want to do. You may just want to sleep or "hang out" in your room. :thumbsup2 You could order something from AKL in room dining (either food or a cake or something like that) to enjoy in room. Or you could go to DTD, shop and get a QS meal to take back to your room (could still enjoy something yummy from in room dining after dinner!).

ADRs - try and make them all in the morning! They may let you because you have the reservation. It's certainly worth a shot!! I agree you should start with the ones you REALLY want first. It took the last CM I was on the phone with a little bit to search, then change the time and search again, then change the restraurant, you get the idea.

As for paying off the trip - I belive - I'm not 100% - you can call and ask for an extension. I don't think they actually cancel the reservation until 30 days out. Keep that in mind for your ADRs as well - call back at 30 days and see what's available at that time. And if there's something you really want, keep calling! I wouldn't give up util the day/time of the actual ADR you want. If it's that important to you, keep on top of it.

Newtodis: thanks so much for your advice on things! Part of me want to give up if I don't get the ADR's I want- I just feel like I have bad luck, so the chance of anyone giving up their reservation is slim.

I'm in a bit of a bad mood this morning- I calculated my ADR date wrong, I assumed that July 25- 90 days out- April 25. After waking up at 6:45 AM this morning, they wouldn't let me book, because apparently my 90 days out isn't until tomorrow. I feel bad for the poor CM on the phone with me- I am not a morning person and couldn't figure out exactly why I couldn't make my ADR's this morning. After going back to bed, I figured it out, 3 months does not = 90 days.:cool1:

So I will go and try again tommorow morning, then wake up yet again on Monday morning. The things I do to eat in Disney :goodvibes

Newtodis: thanks so much for your advice on things! Part of me want to give up if I don't get the ADR's I want- I just feel like I have bad luck, so the chance of anyone giving up their reservation is slim.

I'm in a bit of a bad mood this morning- I calculated my ADR date wrong, I assumed that July 25- 90 days out- April 25. After waking up at 6:45 AM this morning, they wouldn't let me book, because apparently my 90 days out isn't until tomorrow. I feel bad for the poor CM on the phone with me- I am not a morning person and couldn't figure out exactly why I couldn't make my ADR's this morning. After going back to bed, I figured it out, 3 months does not = 90 days.:cool1:

So I will go and try again tommorow morning, then wake up yet again on Monday morning. The things I do to eat in Disney :goodvibes

I did the same thing with mine...I was SO annoyed! My daughter ended up being late for school because I endedup being on the phone for so long! oops!

Well, did my first ADR this morning. I got Coral Reef at 6:50 pm! I started calling at 6:58, didn't have to hold at all or anything! Will update tomorrow with all my ADR's...it's going to take such a long time!:goodvibes:goodvibes

My alarm went off at 6:50 this morning, and it took all I had in me to resist the temptation to turn over, and throw it on the floor. However, I have heard toooo many horror stories about people not getting ADRs or being on hold forever!

Ladies and Gentleman (if I have any gentleman readers..)- My ADR's have finally been made. I got everything I wanted, within an hour of the time I wanted it. Here's what I ended up with:

Saturday- Coral Reef- 6:50
Sunday- Ohana dinner- 5:00
Monday- Germany lunch- 1:40, Rose & Crown dinner- 7:10 (a bit nervous about this....I want to watch the fireworks from the R&C patio, I'm hoping I can draw out dinner long enough...)
Tuesday- Sci Fi 11:10, Fantasmic Dinner Package at 4:05- Brown Derby
Wednesday- Raglan Road 8:30
Thursday- Flying Fish 6:00
Friday- Le Cellier 11:30
Saturday- Boma 9:25
Sunday- T-Rex 12:00

I am so happy that I got everything! Was thinking about adding Tusker house one day at AK - do they even do lunch? That's it for now everyone...thanks for reading!:dance3::dance3:

My alarm went off at 6:50 this morning, and it took all I had in me to resist the temptation to turn over, and throw it on the floor. However, I have heard toooo many horror stories about people not getting ADRs or being on hold forever!

Ladies and Gentleman (if I have any gentleman readers..)- My ADR's have finally been made. I got everything I wanted, within an hour of the time I wanted it. Here's what I ended up with:

Saturday- Coral Reef- 6:50
Sunday- Ohana dinner- 5:00
Monday- Germany lunch- 1:40, Rose & Crown dinner- 7:10 (a bit nervous about this....I want to watch the fireworks from the R&C patio, I'm hoping I can draw out dinner long enough...)
Tuesday- Sci Fi 11:10, Fantasmic Dinner Package at 4:05- Brown Derby
Wednesday- Raglan Road 8:30
Thursday- Flying Fish 6:00
Friday- Le Cellier 11:30
Saturday- Boma 9:25
Sunday- T-Rex 12:00

I am so happy that I got everything! Was thinking about adding Tusker house one day at AK - do they even do lunch? That's it for now everyone...thanks for reading!:dance3::dance3:

They look good to me!!

I'd just add the Tusker House B or L (breakfast is character lunch isn't) just incase you do want it later. If you decide you don't, just cancel it.

Oh yea..... I'm a gentleman!!! LOL:rotfl::rotfl2:

Tim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter