A Disney Dream Come True - Nov/Dec TR ~ Oct10 Another TR :)

2010_1204Misc0095.jpg

2010_1204Misc0096.jpg

2010_1204Misc0097.jpg

2010_1204Misc0099.jpg

2010_1204Misc0100.jpg

2010_1204Misc0101.jpg

2010_1204Misc0102.jpg

2010_1204Misc0104.jpg

2010_1204Misc0108.jpg

2010_1204Misc0109.jpg

2010_1204Misc0111.jpg

2010_1204Misc0112.jpg

2010_1204Misc0113.jpg

2010_1204Misc0114.jpg

2010_1204Misc0116.jpg

2010_1204Misc0117.jpg

2010_1204Misc0118.jpg

Man, that was quite the walk! I was so enjoying myself and I finally made it to where the Chinese acrobats were performing.

2010_1204Misc0120.jpg

I walked all around trying to find everyone and waiting for Toni to text me back again. Long story short - her phone died and her plans had changed so no DIS meet. :sad: I texted Whitney to let her know it'd fallen through and George too to find out where he was now at with the kids. They were chilling out at Mission Space so I made my way back.

2010_1204Misc0121.jpg

2010_1204Misc0124.jpg

2010_1204Misc0129.jpg

2010_1204Misc0130.jpg

FINISHING UP OUR EPCOT DAY IN THE NEXT POST......

I found everyone playing outside Mission Space....

2010_1204Misc0131.jpg

.... and we headed on back to Test Track again.

They'd gone on while I was touring the Showcase and were just laughing as they told me about a single rider who'd gone on with them. It was her first time and she was very animated, laughingly screaming throughout the whole ride. Check out their ride photo....

232323232%7Ffp633%3B3%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D336252425%3B348nu0mrj

Our turn this time.....

2010_1204Misc0132.jpg

2010_1204Misc0133.jpg

2010_1204Misc0134.jpg

It was getting mighty chilly zooming down that track in the night air, but we still had fun!

232323232%7Ffp733%3C2%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3362524262348nu0mrj

We decided to warm up a bit in MouseGears, one of my favorite places to shop.

2010_1204Misc0135.jpg

Immediately, I spot this beauty that I did not hesitate buying for myself...

2010_1204Misc0136.jpg

Ariana was finding one or two things for herself too......

2010_1204Misc0137.jpg

2010_1204Misc0139.jpg

I actually don't think she ended up getting anything in that particular shopping excursion. Approaching time for Illuminations, we wanted to stake out a spot in Canada, so we headed over.

2010_1204Misc0143.jpg

I'd read that if you stood on the second level of the Canada pavillion, you had a great view of Illuminations. We arrived well ahead of schedule and though a few people were already there, we had a great spot right at the top of the steps. Here's the view....

2010_1204Misc0144.jpg

Funny story to share. When we'd arrived to our spot, there was already a family to the right of where we were, against the railing for the stairs. The Dad was standing on the top step, his wife a step or two below and their stroller beside her. All nicely compact, courteously not blocking anyone. Two minutes before the show starts, a man and his wife walk up to the railing and he plunks his kid down on the top step railing directly in front of the Dad. Then he stands behind his kid smushed up against the railing. Mouth agape, I turn around and see all the people that had been patiently waiting all this time that were now blocked. I leaned over and touched the man on his arm and politely told him how he'd just blocked about fifteen people. He slightly turns, shrugs his shoulders, says he doesn't speak english and takes his son down off the railing, but puts him directly in front of himself so they're still blocking everyone. His wife has stayed by his side too, so the three of them are now blocking the view.

George had watched everything and was now one of the ones being blocked by the wife. He shook his head and wordlessly moved around the three of them. The wife had started to hear some grumblings behind her and turned to look while George was walking around her. He stepped in front of her and positioned himself two centimeters from her so that when she turned back around, her nose was touching the back of George's head. She complains to her husband who actually has the nerve to complain to George. George turns to him and says, hey - it's exactly what you just did to my family and you refused to move so tell me why I should. She took a single step back and they continued to block all the people behind them.

2010_1204Misc0150.jpg

2010_1204Misc0152.jpg

Heading back to the Land, we took one more ride on.....

2010_1204Misc0156.jpg

I just love the prettiness of Epcot at night.

2010_1204Misc0157.jpg

Whoops! We almost forgot Nemo!

2010_1204Misc0160.jpg

2010_1204Misc0161.jpg

Mine! Mine! Mine!

2010_1204Misc0162.jpg

The obiligatory shot with Bruce.....

2010_1204Misc0163.jpg

.... and then we slowly made our way out of the park.

2010_1204Misc0165.jpg

2010_1204Misc0166.jpg

2010_1204Misc0167.jpg

2010_1204Misc0169.jpg

Goodbye for now Epcot!

2010_1204Misc0168.jpg

And I have to agree with you about Captain EO and Figment, but I love Sunshine Seasons! You just need to try something (I didn't think I was going to like it, but now it's my favorite lunch!)

And the GAC set-up for Spaceship Earth is awful... it's mainly for wheelchairs, I think, because the line is usually so short (and indoors, or at least covered) that most people can wait... but every so often you get that rush.

I don't know why I couldn't find something to try at Sunshine Seasons. I think it mainly had to do that I was trying to keep it light because we had Les Chefs coming up. :confused3 It needs a do-over. :thumbsup2

We'll definately stick to the main entrance for Spaceship Earth. The CMs were trying to stay on top of things the best they could but you're right... the setup is awful.

Ugh, AGREED! We all loved the original Journey into Imagination. Gotta love "One Little Spark" and the Dream Finder.

Tracy, trust us, the original version was a million times better than the one now. It's too bad you never got to experience it. I do have to say I am glad they added Figment again and the ending is kind of cute. But yeah, like mousescrapper said, they shouldn't have messed with it.

Man, why change something that people like? :confused: Or at least change it back if it's proving to be that unpopular compared to the original. I wish we'd seen the one you both remember.

Bummer about not enjoying the new things, I had mixed feelings on sunshine seasons, I'm gonna give it a second chance I think.

Between yours and Amy's TR's the boys now want to eat in France to see Remy. :lmao: I was going to make an ADR for Le Cellier for just me and DH on the next trip, but guess we'll all be going to Les Chefs instead.

Love your walk around Epcot, and I had to chuckle to myself as I was reading I thought I was having a deja vu moment but I think you told us that Illuminations story in January.

Can't wait to read more

What a great EPCOT day!! WOW You guys did so much and had so much fun!!!

Not the world's biggest Figment fan either and to be honest had no desire to see Eo LOL!! So I'll just have to agree with you!!

Isn't Les Chefs just the best!! Love eating there!! SO YUMMY!!!!

Sorry for the missed DIS meet, but yay to a great ending to the night!!!

Bummer about not enjoying the new things, I had mixed feelings on sunshine seasons, I'm gonna give it a second chance I think.

Between yours and Amy's TR's the boys now want to eat in France to see Remy. :lmao: I was going to make an ADR for Le Cellier for just me and DH on the next trip, but guess we'll all be going to Les Chefs instead.

Love your walk around Epcot, and I had to chuckle to myself as I was reading I thought I was having a deja vu moment but I think you told us that Illuminations story in January.

Can't wait to read more

Oops, sorry to bump your Le Cellier plans :blush: Remy is quite cute and fun but keep in mind he's only at your table for a few minutes throughout your dinner. I know the same can be said for all character meals but he is only the one and he's not as visable throughout the rest of the restaurant as other characters. Try to get that area where you can wave to the characters coming and going -- they wave back! :wave:

I did tell you guys that story in January. :laughing: A bunch of us had our hands over our laughing mouths exclaiming "I can't believe he just did that!" and the Dad originally blocked leaned over to me and said thanks for trying.

What a great EPCOT day!! WOW You guys did so much and had so much fun!!!

Not the world's biggest Figment fan either and to be honest had no desire to see Eo LOL!! So I'll just have to agree with you!!

Isn't Les Chefs just the best!! Love eating there!! SO YUMMY!!!!

Sorry for the missed DIS meet, but yay to a great ending to the night!!!

I'm glad to have crossed Figment and Captain EO off the list of new things to try. It's too bad we couldn't enjoy them more really.

Even though the meet fell through, I did get some alone time wandering World Showcase. Highly recommend it!

you didn't like Sunshine seasons, I was thinking that might be a good place to eat on our Epcot day but I have never eaten there before

Remy is so cute.

Too bad your DIS meet fell through, I know you were looking forward to it :sad1:

I was waiting for you to tell that story so that I could thank you again....

I was the Dad at the top of the steps that got blocked. First of all I do really apreciate your attempt at getting him to move. It was very frustrating as we had been waiting there for over an hour after reading on these boards that it was the best spot to be. Lo and behold minutes before the show starts our awesome view gets blocked. I am not typically one to say anything you know us Canadians :thumbsup2 so I was so happy when you did.

What George did was priceless. One day if I ever run into you guys in the park again I will have to buy you all a drink.

I wish I had read your PTR so knew you were Disers at that time. But either way it was a great sort of Dis meet :rotfl:

My wife who was sitting on the stairs below me did not see any of it happen but laughs when I tell her the story. She thinks it is great that I ran into you here as well.

I have been having fun looking at your Epcot pictures trying to see if I could see us in any as it seems so far Epcot was the only day we were all in the same park.

We also ate at Chefs that night and must have been in there at the same time becuase as we were being seated we got to meet Remy just as he was leaving for the night.

I look forward to reading the rest of your report. What area of Southern Ontario are you in? I grew up in the Niagara area but now live just outside of North Bay.

I was the Dad at the top of the steps that got blocked. First of all I do really apreciate your attempt at getting him to move. It was very frustrating as we had been waiting there for over an hour after reading on these boards that it was the best spot to be. Lo and behold minutes before the show starts our awesome view gets blocked. I am not typically one to say anything you know us Canadians :thumbsup2 so I was so happy when you did.

What George did was priceless. One day if I ever run into you guys in the park again I will have to buy you all a drink.

I wish I had read your PTR so knew you were Disers at that time. But either way it was a great sort of Dis meet :rotfl:

My wife who was sitting on the stairs below me did not see any of it happen but laughs when I tell her the story. She thinks it is great that I ran into you here as well.
That is so cool:thumbsup2

I think George and the gang were off getting park maps when we were getting these few Photopass pics taken. Despite Ariana's calm appearance, she was a bit antzy this morning and so for the first time ever, we asked to use her GAC on Spaceship Earth. The line usually goes so quickly there's never been a need but this morning it seemed to be crawling so we were directed to the other side of the ball to the alternate entrance. Big mistake. Huge mistake. This entrance was not meant for Ariana's needs. We fed thru a line that led to a waiting area outside the exit that dumps you into the games area. Groups of people were being let in at such long time intervals apart, I'm sure we could have gone thru the regular line twice.
you are correct that entrance is really set up to meet mobility needs. The regular boarding area is not wheelchair/ECV accessible because the moving walkway can’t be stopped there and there is no space get a wheelchair or ECV from that boarding area to the exit when the person using it is done. Guests with mobility needs wait in the area where you waited and board thru the unload area.
Because they can only have so many people who would need to be evacuated on the ride at one time, there is a long time interval between ‘loads’ of guests with special needs.
We have waited there as long as 40 minutes when guests in the regular line were loading as fast as they could walk on. There are a number of attractions like that, where the regular loading area is not accessible and guests with special needs who require that loading area will wait longer many times than they would if they could walk in.

Small World is another attraction. We have no choice except using that entrance because DD has a wheelchair and can’t walk. A few days ago, we went to SW when the posted time was 15 minutes, but guests in the regular line were walking on and some boats were not even filled to capacity because guests were not arriving at the boarding area fast enough to fill them. There were 3 parties with wheelchairs or ECVs in the handicapped waiting area, but the great majority of the people were not using any mobility devices and were using GACs. I wish that Guest Relations would explain how some of the attractions like that work since those with GACs who could have used the regular entrance would have waited a much shorter time not using the GAC and just going into the regular entrance. I’m sure those guests just looked for the wheelchair symbol and figured that was where they were supposed to go.

Hi! I just read your whole TR! I can't believe I've missed the whole thing since you've been back! It's been fun, allowed me to relive our trip. We were there at the same time and same resort. We were just on the opposite end of the resort in 50's!

Sounds like a fun day at Epcot except for the rude blocking man.

We saw Captain EO and River loved it. I liked seeing something that they brought back from a long time ago but I started to fall asleep in the long song and dance part. The Figment ride used to be awesome! I'm really bummed River never got to see it. We do the new ride because its there.

I've never seen Circle of Life is it sad?

You would think with all the places to eat at Epcot it would be so easy to find something but River and I are VERY picky eaters and we never seem to find anything to eat there. We would be happy with just Pizza.

It looks like meeting Remy was a lot of fun I'd love to do that.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

oh and I will be curious what you think about Figment and Captain EO....we loved Figment way back when...it is one ride they just should have never messed around w/ :sad2: and I think the key to enjoying Captain EO is to have consumed 3 alcoholic slushie drinks :laughing:

Two alcoholic beverages that aren't slushies will do the trick too. ;)

Sounds like a great night at Epcot - including a yummy dinner with Remy! We had the same waiter pushing around Remy when we were there in March.

I can't believe what happened when you were waiting for Illuminations! :scared1: I didn't hear that story in January. We watched Illuminations from Canada in March too but our view wasn't quite as good. :confused3 It should be coming up in my next update.

Another great update :)

Yummy dinner at CdF, Remy is just so cute you can't help but forget he is a rat and just go awww :cutie:

Its a shame you didn't get to do your Dismeet drinks, but you got to spend some time walking around WS and taking some pics, so not a total loss :)

How rude of that guy and his family. It just astounds me how people are these days, total disregard for their fellow man. Makes me so sad :( But good on George standing his ground and telling them what for :)

Aww....no Figment or Sunshine Seasons?:rolleyes1 Just kidding.;) I've heard that the one before was much better. :confused3 We still like it though...then again I love all the dark rides. But...you should really try Sunshine Seasons again even if it's just for the desserts. :)

Sorry about the missed DISmeet.:sad1: But..YAY for the yummy dinner with Remy!! It looks like you had a great spot to watch Illuminations!:thumbsup2 But...Wow! The nerve of some people!:sad2: We had people crowd in front of us when we watched Illuminations for the first time. It was so frustrating!:mad:

:laughing: That Bruce picture is always a must-do!!!

you didn't like Sunshine seasons, I was thinking that might be a good place to eat on our Epcot day but I have never eaten there before

Remy is so cute.

Too bad your DIS meet fell through, I know you were looking forward to it :sad1:

I'll try Sunshine Seasons again. I just won't try to eat lite this time. :laughing:

I'm glad I ran into Tracy and Bill on the DTD bus, and I did bump into Toni in the lines back to Pop... mini meets are fun too. :thumbsup2 ;)

I have been having fun looking at your Epcot pictures trying to see if I could see us in any as it seems so far Epcot was the only day we were all in the same park.

We also ate at Chefs that night and must have been in there at the same time becuase as we were being seated we got to meet Remy just as he was leaving for the night.

I look forward to reading the rest of your report. What area of Southern Ontario are you in? I grew up in the Niagara area but now live just outside of North Bay.

I was hoping you'd post again too. :yay: You're very welcome, I just wish he'd listened to me. I was shocked at their behavior and still makes me shake my head. :sad2:

You're right, it was a great DIS meet! After the fact :rotfl: but still great! I'm glad you found us here on the DIS. Our Les Chefs ADR was for 4:50pm and I think we were seated generally around that time (we were actually on time!!!)

We're in Hamilton. I love it here... close to the Niagara area, Toronto, the border. Home of the Bulldogs and the Tiger Cats! :cheer2:

That is so cool:thumbsup2

I know eh? :thumbsup2

you are correct that entrance is really set up to meet mobility needs. The regular boarding area is not wheelchair/ECV accessible because the moving walkway can’t be stopped there and there is no space get a wheelchair or ECV from that boarding area to the exit when the person using it is done. Guests with mobility needs wait in the area where you waited and board thru the unload area.
Because they can only have so many people who would need to be evacuated on the ride at one time, there is a long time interval between ‘loads’ of guests with special needs. We have waited there as long as 40 minutes when guests in the regular line were loading as fast as they could walk on.

Thank you so much for posting that, I didn't realize that was the reason for the time between sets of people going on. It makes sense but it's really unfortunate it creates the long delay. In our scenerio, would our group be part of the count, or would be excluded because we could assist Ariana ourselves?

There are a number of attractions like that, where the regular loading area is not accessible and guests with special needs who require that loading area will wait longer many times than they would if they could walk in.

Small World is another attraction. We have no choice except using that entrance because DD has a wheelchair and can’t walk. A few days ago, we went to SW when the posted time was 15 minutes, but guests in the regular line were walking on and some boats were not even filled to capacity because guests were not arriving at the boarding area fast enough to fill them. There were 3 parties with wheelchairs or ECVs in the handicapped waiting area, but the great majority of the people were not using any mobility devices and were using GACs. I wish that Guest Relations would explain how some of the attractions like that work since those with GACs who could have used the regular entrance would have waited a much shorter time not using the GAC and just going into the regular entrance. I’m sure those guests just looked for the wheelchair symbol and figured that was where they were supposed to go.

I agree, on our first few trips, the wheelchair symbol is what we looked for. More trips under our belt and we've become savvy at judging the lines for the different rides and if we even need to use the GAC or not. I've had different experiences at Guest Relations - the majority have taken the time to explain (not as well as you did however regarding the mobility devices) how to use the GAC but a few have just handed it to us and said to use the alternate entrances.

I think CMs in the handicapped waiting area could also announce that guests not using mobility devices might find the regular lines shorter of a wait, but that could be tricky as well.

Hi! I just read your whole TR! I can't believe I've missed the whole thing since you've been back! It's been fun, allowed me to relive our trip. We were there at the same time and same resort. We were just on the opposite end of the resort in 50's!

Hello and :welcome: !! Have you been looking for yourself in our photos? :rotfl: I love doing that and actually had someone post in my August TR that they found themselves in my CRT photos.

Sounds like a fun day at Epcot except for the rude blocking man.

We saw Captain EO and River loved it. I liked seeing something that they brought back from a long time ago but I started to fall asleep in the long song and dance part. The Figment ride used to be awesome! I'm really bummed River never got to see it. We do the new ride because its there.

I've never seen Circle of Life is it sad?

You would think with all the places to eat at Epcot it would be so easy to find something but River and I are VERY picky eaters and we never seem to find anything to eat there. We would be happy with just Pizza.

It looks like meeting Remy was a lot of fun I'd love to do that.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

It was a great Epcot day. :goodvibes: George is not a fan of the World Showcase ( :eek: ) so he was pleased the day was spent on rides. A nice steak dinner helped too. ;)

Circle of Life is all about Simba teaching Timon and Pumbaa that a five star resort in the middle of the jungle is not in the best interests of nature. It's cute and teaches a great message and I recommend seeing it.... but I've seen it five times now. ;)

Two alcoholic beverages that aren't slushies will do the trick too. ;)

Sounds like a great night at Epcot - including a yummy dinner with Remy! We had the same waiter pushing around Remy when we were there in March.

I can't believe what happened when you were waiting for Illuminations! :scared1: I didn't hear that story in January. We watched Illuminations from Canada in March too but our view wasn't quite as good. :confused3 It should be coming up in my next update.

You had much nicer pictures of Remy than mine - mine are so grainy. Wasn't that waiter a hoot?

Hmmm.... I can't remember when I told the Illuminations story in January. :confused3 Maybe you were off getting a slushie! :laughing:

Another great update :)

Yummy dinner at CdF, Remy is just so cute you can't help but forget he is a rat and just go awww :cutie:

Its a shame you didn't get to do your Dismeet drinks, but you got to spend some time walking around WS and taking some pics, so not a total loss :)

How rude of that guy and his family. It just astounds me how people are these days, total disregard for their fellow man. Makes me so sad :( But good on George standing his ground and telling them what for :)

You're right, I do forget he's a rat! Especially when he's by himself. ;) That scene in Ratatouille though when they show an overhead shot of the crowd of rats scurrying away still makes me shudder. Blech!

It amazes me too the behavior that some show. What example does that give to that man's son? Being polite to others is one of the most important things in my opinion that we've taught our kids. The memory of the wife's reaction when she turned around and George was rightTHERE is awesome! :rotfl:

Aww....no Figment or Sunshine Seasons?:rolleyes1 Just kidding.;) I've heard that the one before was much better. :confused3 We still like it though...then again I love all the dark rides. But...you should really try Sunshine Seasons again even if it's just for the desserts. :)

Sorry about the missed DISmeet.:sad1: But..YAY for the yummy dinner with Remy!! It looks like you had a great spot to watch Illuminations!:thumbsup2 But...Wow! The nerve of some people!:sad2: We had people crowd in front of us when we watched Illuminations for the first time. It was so frustrating!:mad:

:laughing: That Bruce picture is always a must-do!!!

Sorry! :blush: One of my firsts thoughts when I realized I didn't like Figment was how was I going to break it to you? :blush: I do wish we'd seen the earlier version. Sunshine Seasons definately deserves a do-over.

I absolutely recommend the top of the stairs in the Canada pavilion to watch Illuminations from, but go early and certainly don't block anyone! George might pop out and stand in front of you. :lmao:

I love our Bruce pictures -- every year!!!

What a nice night. That guy who said he didn't speak English..UGH...You should've said "but I bet you understand it" LOL! I think a lot of those people who say that really do understand it very well.

What a nice night. That guy who said he didn't speak English..UGH...You should've said "but I bet you understand it" LOL! I think a lot of those people who say that really do understand it very well.

Yes! Or the classic, "Whoa, that's a huge spider you got on your back there!" :lmao: See how quickly they pick that up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter