A Disney Dream Come True - Nov/Dec TR ~ Oct10 Another TR :)

Hi Welcome back! Thats great you didn't have any problems crossing the border or have to go through the body scanners. It looks like a good start to your vacation not counting the trip to get the car and the discount store. I loved your fireworks video we've always missed that when we stay at Pop. What time did they go off? Maybe we can catch it in June. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Hi Welcome back! Thats great you didn't have any problems crossing the border or have to go through the body scanners. It looks like a good start to your vacation not counting the trip to get the car and the discount store. I loved your fireworks video we've always missed that when we stay at Pop. What time did they go off? Maybe we can catch it in June. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Helloooo and :welcome: !! I think the car rental and discount store illustrated to George he shouldn't deviate too much from the plans. ;):laughing: This was our first time seeing the fireworks from Pop too, such a treat. The stamp on the file says it was 9pm. :thumbsup2

Yayaya! You have started your TR!!!

I'm glad your traveling went off without any complications!
:goodvibes

Hello, so happy to see you started your TR. Can't wait to read all about your trip!

I finally had a chance to catch up and read everything.
Arianna cracks me up in the video. Skip's sisters son (our nephew) has austism, and he repeats A LOT! He can't say many words, so it's all noises, but he does them over and over.
Don't you love it when your DH gets some brilliant idea that makes you want to kill him afterwards. :lmao:
I can't wait to hear more.

Hi! I am from WNY so I can appreciate a nice cup of Timmy's in the morning! :)

Can't wait for more!

Welcome home! Great start to the report :thumbsup2

Glad you didn't have any trouble crossing the border and the flight went smoothly even if you weren't sitting together. The fireworks were a great end to your first day!

Looking forward to more :)

Yayaya! You have started your TR!!!

I'm glad your traveling went off without any complications!
:goodvibes

Hey LL! :welcome: Oh it definately felt great to get past that border!

Hello, so happy to see you started your TR. Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Hi Tracy! :welcome:

I finally had a chance to catch up and read everything.
Arianna cracks me up in the video. Skip's sisters son (our nephew) has austism, and he repeats A LOT! He can't say many words, so it's all noises, but he does them over and over.
Don't you love it when your DH gets some brilliant idea that makes you want to kill him afterwards. :lmao:
I can't wait to hear more.

That's definately her comfort zone - "monologuing" or "scripting" I call it - she'll fall back to if she doesn't find the right thing to say.

:laughing: He did it again during the MVMCP -- you want to ride what right now? :eek: That's not in the plan!!

Hi! I am from WNY so I can appreciate a nice cup of Timmy's in the morning! :)

Can't wait for more!

Helloooo and :welcome: !! Ahhh, good old Timmy's -- nothing is better!

Welcome home! Great start to the report :thumbsup2

Glad you didn't have any trouble crossing the border and the flight went smoothly even if you weren't sitting together. The fireworks were a great end to your first day!

Looking forward to more :)

Helloooo!!! :welcome: to you too! The flight was actually quite peaceful and it was good to nap a bit. Demetri was right behind George so while he was somewhat grouped with them, I was away on my own. A bit of "me" time was nice. :goodvibes

Sunday, November 28th
Day 2 – MK Day & Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Day
Weather: high of 77 degrees, low of 53 degrees
What we wore: pants and t-shirts

My family is lazy. :lovestruc We enjoy sleeping in too much to have ever been to a rope drop and this trip was no exception. As a matter of fact, we were worse this time. I’d booked any breakfast ADRs we had around 10am to give us ample time to get there, but even still, we were always rushing and several times we were late. That sometimes resulted in us waiting a long time to be seated and then threw off our schedules for the rest of the day. You’d think we’d learn after the first time……..

In the planning stages of this trip, I’d asked the kids what one meal they most wanted to go to, and unanimously it was ‘Ohana Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. :cloud9: We’ve been every trip and is hands down our favorite. You arrive on the monorail, the Poly is gorgeous, Stitch is Alex’s favorite character, Demetri loves playing with Pluto, Ariana loves to march in the parade to Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride and we all love the yummy ‘Ohana juice – what more could we ask for? Well to arrive on time for one thing. :rolleyes:

Leaving our room that morning, I took a few shots of our finished window decorations. I’d had to pick up a pair of scissors in our Walmart jaunt the night before to cut out the do-it-yourself window clings I’d created. The gel clings were super cool and the holly berries looked like little red Mickey heads :laughing: ….

2010_1129Misc0001.jpg

2010_1129Misc0002.jpg

A quick trip across the parking lot to the bus area ….. (look at Ariana’s hair *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* for later!)

2010_1129Misc0003.jpg

and a monorail ride…..

2010_1129Misc0004.jpg

2010_1129Misc0008.jpg

George went to check us in while the kids and I wandered.

2010_1129Misc0011.jpg

2010_1129Misc0012.jpg

2010_1129Misc0013.jpg

The ‘Ohana photographer was very sweet and gave Baby Simba his own lei while we lined up to have our photo taken.

2010_1129Misc0015.jpg

I handed my camera to the second photographer and asked if they’d mind using it to take our picture and she answered, “Sure, no problem” then proceeded to place it down on the nearby bar and not use it. :headache: Oh well. We were led to our table and our server brought out the bread, coffee, juice and breakfast platter.

2010_1129Misc0018.jpg

2010_1129Misc0016.jpg

2010_1129Misc0017.jpg

(The where were we sneak peak picture!):thumbsup2

Soon, the parade began and as soon as Ariana heard the song, she was off. Demetri on the other hand suddenly got a case of nerves and said he only wanted to go if Alex came with him. By the time we got organized to go, the parade was done and he’d missed it. :sad2:

Through the course of the meal we didn’t see any characters going around and we began to worry we’d miss them. Our server reassured us they were coming but it wasn’t until forty minutes had gone by :eek: that finally they came around our corner one by one. They were fabulous as usual once we met them – we always have a lot of fun at ‘Ohana, but from being seated to the last character visiting us, it was an hour and a half.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.......

Pluto completely enveloped Demetri in a hug and as usual delighted us all by how he signs the autograph books.

2010_1129Misc0026.jpg

2010_1129Misc0027.jpg

Ariana then handed him Baby Simba and gestured for him to elevate him in the air (she did this throughout the trip and it was hysterical to watch the characters catch on and understand what she wanted them to do) --- well Pluto had other ideas in mind and instead Baby Simba went straight into his mouth and cracked us up. :rotfl2:

2010_1129Misc0029.jpg

2010_1129Misc0030.jpg

Next was Stitch’s visit and the obligatory Simba lift….

2010_1129Misc0036.jpg

2010_1129Misc0038.jpg

Then Lilo with a lift…

2010_1129Misc0044.jpg

hug….

2010_1129Misc0046.jpg

and a kiss for Alex….

2010_1129Misc0047.jpg

Lastly, Mickey gave us his autograph, hugs, Simba lift…..

2010_1129Misc0051.jpg

2010_1129Misc0052.jpg

….. and a kiss from Kathryn!

2010_1129Misc0053.jpg

A fun breakfast to be sure, but it was already lunch time and we hadn’t hit the park yet! Since we'd been there so long another parade started and this time Demetri went with Alex along with Ariana. :thumbsup2 We had so many things we wanted to do before the MVMCP started at 7pm and we still had Ariana’s haircut appointment for 2pm at the Harmony Barbershop. Readers from my PTR will remember but for the benefit of new followers – Ariana has never allowed anyone to cut her hair. I’m not a hair dresser by any stretch of the imagination and it took her a long time to let me do it, but I trim her hair regularly and once gave her a really cute layered cut when I got the nerve to try it.

Anyway, I’d let it grow out a bit leading up to this trip and we figured if she let anyone do it, it’d be at Disney World. Then with the ice broken so to speak, perhaps she’d finally let salons do it at home. So throughout the morning we’d occasionally ask her if she wanted to have “princess hair” and she’d quickly answer ‘yes’. ::yes::

Was that enough to convince her? What was the Magic Kingdom all decked out for Christmas like? Hope you continue along on my TR…. for now, here’s a sneak peak at my next update.

2010_1129Misc0153.jpg

Is this the front or back of water? :confused3 :laughing: See you then!

We're trying Ohana for the first time in April - but not for breakfast... Breakfast is definitely on my list for another trip though. I love the pictures of the characters holding Simba up in the air! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about the barber shop!! popcorn::

By the way - I love how you put the weather & what you wore at the beginning of the post!

Mmmm, Ohana juice is really the best. Makes me happy.

Can't wait for your next update. I love the backside of water!

We're trying Ohana for the first time in April - but not for breakfast... Breakfast is definitely on my list for another trip though. I love the pictures of the characters holding Simba up in the air! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about the barber shop!! popcorn::

By the way - I love how you put the weather & what you wore at the beginning of the post!

I'd love to try Ohana dinner but George is not remotely interested. :sad1: We had so much fun with Baby Simba this trip... and soon, Baby Simba gains a new relative. ;)

I spent a lot of time surfing TRs trying to find what to expect weather wise for this trip and I figure if someone is going to read my TR for the same reason, I'd try to make it a little easier. :thumbsup2 In the end, it's all relative to where you're from and what you're personally comfortable with anyway. Us Canadians were very comfortable in hoodies when it was chillier but Californian's for example were bundled up in parkas and toques! :rotfl:

Mmmm, Ohana juice is really the best. Makes me happy.

Can't wait for your next update. I love the backside of water!

Oh we love our Ohana juice!!! By the way I'm totally jealous of all your tickers. ;)

Great job so far!!

Thank you and :welcome: !! Glad you're following along!

Love your window decorations!! They look great!:thumbsup2

It looks like you had great interaction with the characters at Ohana's!! Such cute pictures! Aww...you gotta love Pluto!:laughing: We haven't made it back to Ohana's since our first trip...something always happens.:sad2: Next trip it's on the top of the list.::yes::

I can't wait to hear how the barber shop goes.popcorn::

I love your window decorations! They came out awesome! I was laughing when I was reading about you guys missing some 10am ADRs....our latest was 9:55 and that was our last morning, most of our others were around 8:00! Even on the 2 "sleep in" mornings I had planned, Olivia was up by 7:30!...I don't think she would last in your family!

We did Ohana for breakfast on our trip as well! It was pretty good (I can't give away all the details since I have a TR to write afterall!), but we were there quite a while too, and I was not too happy.

Can't wait to read more! I always get excited when I see you have updated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter