A Disney Christmas Fix - four days of fun! 1/28 Summer/Cruising PTR started!!

Great pictures of the mini golf. Have never gone and they are really cute. Love AKL it's nice to wake up and see animals.

Yum Jiko! I'm taking Don (and the kids too, I suppose :rolleyes: ) there before the cruise, I loved it when Mom & I went, I'm sure he's going to love it too.

We played the Winterland course a few years ago, it was lots of fun. Your boys will love it, definitely go back and play sometime! :thumbsup2

Count me in on helping to devour that gingerbread roof at the GF! We bought a shingle last year and it was VERY tasty!

Yikes on the cruise being a sell out! I am anxious to hear what that is like though since I'm afraid ours is too - I did a search for it the other day and it said it wasn't available, I'm assuming that means it's sold out..... :eek:

Looking forward to reading about MVMCP! :santa:

What a lovely lovely first night!

We were checking out that new drink menu when Blue Zoo made the cut for the May trip, I'm glad to hear it's not too sweet but I think I HAVE to have the burnt orange one. I can't wait to eat there!

Hey! I just posted over on your TR!!! The GAP!!!! They have them every year... they went on sale, though, so not sure if they still have them... I got a new set for DS5 there... But the ones you see them in from the photos I bought are Mickey (from last year) ... still fit. But they have new ones on sale at the DISNEY site right now... if he can stand Mickey...

Otherwise check out Gap. I can give you the style # to see if they are in a store somewhere random...

We looked at the Gap and they literally didn't have a single pair of big boy jams. I'll check online...I can find cute ones size 8 or smaller but....we are bigger than that these days.

Ok, updated, I checked the GAP and sadly, nothing at all that is a mens style set of pj's. wah. Love that Yacht Club train. Then again I LOVE the Yacht Club.

I may move in there. If only!

BTW we've been loving your eggnog this year :cloud9:

I've been wanting to try the GF, but BCV is also calling my name. Disney decisions are so hard to make. :laughing: And since we have APs, I keep talking myself into a longer stay.

The flights we want from NYC would cost over $1600.00 for the four of us. :scared1: The dates are blacked out for American Airlines miles. I have a credit with Southwest, but it's not enough to put a huge dent in the expense. Plus, I do not like the no assigned seats set up. They're a great airline, but I need to know I have an assigned seat NEXT TO my nephew.

We're probably leaving from Reagan National in August. I priced out our flights and we can get 5 round trip tickets on Delta for under $750.

I can't wait to read about your cruise. How long is your Feb. cruise?
Vero is such a nice addtion to your June cruise. I've read lots of great things about Vero. Is the price similar to WDW resort prices?

UGH! No that kind of air fare is not what you want for a quick trip! I get you and the seating confirmation stuff. That is important for sure... the flights from DC to MCO are very reasonable at certain times of the year, fall in particular. When are your dates? Doesn't your brother live around here? Next time you come down let me know! Maybe we can meet for coffee or something! :thumbsup2 The Feb cruise is the four night one -- we did three last year. We opted for the four night b/c of the holiday and also when we booked on board last year it was a discount so it was practically the same price. I am looking forward to Vero we have heard LOTS of great stories as well, I think it will be great fun! We rented points, so I think they are about the same as the other resorts...

Great pictures of the mini golf. Have never gone and they are really cute. Love AKL it's nice to wake up and see animals.

It is neat to be there for that, I agree. It is a great draw for the AK lodge and villas for sure. The Mini golf is something we will have to try for sure!

Yum Jiko! I'm taking Don (and the kids too, I suppose :rolleyes: ) there before the cruise, I loved it when Mom & I went, I'm sure he's going to love it too.

We played the Winterland course a few years ago, it was lots of fun. Your boys will love it, definitely go back and play sometime! :thumbsup2

I know our kids would have really liked it -- I hope to take them next trip.. Jiko will be a great dining experience for you before the cruise! How fun! I read you are maybe coming down a night earlier??!! That is awesome!!

Count me in on helping to devour that gingerbread roof at the GF! We bought a shingle last year and it was VERY tasty!

Yikes on the cruise being a sell out! I am anxious to hear what that is like though since I'm afraid ours is too - I did a search for it the other day and it said it wasn't available, I'm assuming that means it's sold out..... :eek:

Looking forward to reading about MVMCP! :santa:

That is probably the case, then, yes! I know ours is, if you can't see it on the site, then they have stopped booking it. I was told they could have cancellations (we were snooping around for a room upgrade possibly... (we wanted to consider it as an option) but doesn't look like we'll have that luck... I am a little worried but I have read a few reports where sold out didn't seem to be a problem in terms of interfering with the enjoyment of the cruise...

I loved that gingerbread, too!

What a lovely lovely first night!

We were checking out that new drink menu when Blue Zoo made the cut for the May trip, I'm glad to hear it's not too sweet but I think I HAVE to have the burnt orange one. I can't wait to eat there!

We looked at the Gap and they literally didn't have a single pair of big boy jams. I'll check online...I can find cute ones size 8 or smaller but....we are bigger than that these days.

Ok, updated, I checked the GAP and sadly, nothing at all that is a mens style set of pj's. wah. Love that Yacht Club train. Then again I LOVE the Yacht Club.

I may move in there. If only!

BTW we've been loving your eggnog this year :cloud9:

BOOOO about the PJs!!! I swear they had a 8-10 size.. they run large, really. my 8 yr old is still in the 6-7 size... they are long. I think they had them up to 12 actually. But they do them every year. So maybe they will have others...?

I love the Yacht Club train too.... I like the Yacht club atmosphere, I can't wait to hear what you think of it!!!

The Burnt orange margarita is quite tasty. I bet you'd like it. That and the blood orange margarita -- they have that in a few of the restaurants... flying fish and a few others.. I know I saw it in Mexico at the WS!

Jiko will be a great dining experience for you before the cruise! How fun! I read you are maybe coming down a night earlier??!! That is awesome!!

Yes! I was SHOCKED that Don agreed to it. As of right now, the plan is to leave home on Monday Memorial Day and drive to Atlanta. We'll spend Tuesday there, the boys want to go to a Braves game, then we head south to Orlando on Wednesday, hoping to meet up with CP that afternoon/evening. :yay:

See, there are two things to put on your NYE trip agenda - golfing and roof-eating. :thumbsup2

And did I read the word 'if'??? :eek:
Leave your door unlocked tomorrow when you go to school.
I'm coming by to throw some more nickels under your couch cushions. :laughing:

:rotfl: I could probably use those nickels for the NYE Disney fund. ;) I cleaned out my wallet of loose change and cash and put it in the Disney jar last night. :thumbsup2

SO I am still wondering... but worried that the availability will go in a second! :scared:...

:surfweb: So we sit.

Remember -- you could always book just to have it, and then cancel it before the 45-day cutoff if you can't swing it. :rolleyes1

(Okay, I'll stop nagging now. :goodvibes)

Yes! I was SHOCKED that Don agreed to it. As of right now, the plan is to leave home on Monday Memorial Day and drive to Atlanta. We'll spend Tuesday there, the boys want to go to a Braves game, then we head south to Orlando on Wednesday, hoping to meet up with CP that afternoon/evening. :yay:

:banana: I am so excited about this, Michelle!

UGH! No that kind of air fare is not what you want for a quick trip! I get you and the seating confirmation stuff. That is important for sure... the flights from DC to MCO are very reasonable at certain times of the year, fall in particular. When are your dates? Doesn't your brother live around here? Next time you come down let me know! Maybe we can meet for coffee or something! :thumbsup2 The Feb cruise is the four night one -- we did three last year. We opted for the four night b/c of the holiday and also when we booked on board last year it was a discount so it was practically the same price. I am looking forward to Vero we have heard LOTS of great stories as well, I think it will be great fun! We rented points, so I think they are about the same as the other resorts...

Not at all! :sad2:

We're either leaving the DC area August 10 or 11 (I booked 3 nights at BCV to cover both dates), we'll move to BLT for 10 nights on August 13 and return to DC on August 23, the day after our APs expire :sad1:

My brother lives in Maryland. I'm there often. We definitely should meet for coffee :goodvibes

I'd love to do a Disney cruise. When's the best time to book? Any recommendations for websites or books for pre-cruise research?

Vero looks absolutely wonderful. Lots to do, while still relaxing. Did you book a 1 bedroom?

What a lovely start to your tr, we too have a disney filled house :) This year DD2 has taken a great liking to it and we have had to shift the bottom half of the decorations :laughing: We also collect items on each trip. DD1 was really impressed with your cookies, we are on the look out for a mickey cookie cutter now, she has lots of ideas!

Your trip sounds really relaxing and oh the weather was a real hit, we had family over in November and they had a real mix bag :thumbsup2

Christmas morning looks very relaxing in your house, we had a very early start but was a lovely day :)

Blue Zoo sounds like an ideal destintation when you have some free time, not planning for this year as we are patiently awaiting october 2012 sailings being announced so once they are out it will be full steam ahead. We should have a free night so maybe pop in to Blue Zoo before california grill :thumbsup2

Your feb cruise will be here before you know it, look forward to your pics of party :goodvibes

:rotfl: I could probably use those nickels for the NYE Disney fund. ;) I cleaned out my wallet of loose change and cash and put it in the Disney jar last night. :thumbsup2

That sounds like a great strategy!!! :thumbsup2

Remember -- you could always book just to have it, and then cancel it before the 45-day cutoff if you can't swing it. :rolleyes1

(Okay, I'll stop nagging now. :goodvibes)

I know I know! :surfweb: Trust me, I know! :scratchin :lmao:

But I am UUUUBBBBER jealous that you get to have a meet with Soonergirl and her family!!! Yay for a triple whammy DISmeet, Michelle, Anita, and Jackie!!! :thumbsup2 Great opportunity!

:banana: I am so excited about this, Michelle!

Not at all! :sad2:

We're either leaving the DC area August 10 or 11 (I booked 3 nights at BCV to cover both dates), we'll move to BLT for 10 nights on August 13 and return to DC on August 23, the day after our APs expire :sad1:

THAT is a mega trip!!! Thirteen nights??!! WOOT! Two weeks? You'll get it all in!!! We did that last year when ours expired, it was a fab trip.

My brother lives in Maryland. I'm there often. We definitely should meet for coffee :goodvibes

YES! PM or FB me we'll make it work at somepoint!

I'd love to do a Disney cruise. When's the best time to book? Any recommendations for websites or books for pre-cruise research?

Vero looks absolutely wonderful. Lots to do, while still relaxing. Did you book a 1 bedroom?

I would tell you that Cruisestogo (I think thiat is what it is called) is a great site, b/c they allow you to peruse all the cruises and the prices that they have. However, I was able to get a match on the Disney site, so I am not sure at what point they have a deal -- maybe those cruises that are getting close to booking time? Check it out.

The Jan/Feb/March time and the fall are good times for the value -- b/c the weather is iffy-er... In the fall, possible rain, hurricane stuff... but that is only possible, of course. We went on a 7 day Dis cruise several years ago in October and it was fabulous. I think the weather is not as risky in October. Like in FL in general.. the Feb cruise we went on last year was great. Nice weather. Warm, but not summer warm. However, a far cry from what we have here, and last year, the snow!!! :scared1:

I am excited to go next month! six weeks away!! :yay:

Check out the DIS cruise thread, and also the Disney Cruise page on Allears.... we booked the two cruises we are going on this year last February b/c they give an onboard incentive/discount if you book a cruise before you disembark .... but really great deals in the winter are only a click away!!! It is the flight down that you have to consider as well, but I don't think they were too costly for us...

Anyhow, hope this helps!!! :thumbsup2

I am DEFINITELY going to look into a cruise. I'm thinking President's Week 2012. Time to research!

And I will definitely be in contact the next time I'm in Maryland :goodvibes

The Jan/Feb/March time and the fall are good times for the value -- b/c the weather is iffy-er... In the fall, possible rain, hurricane stuff... but that is only possible, of course. We went on a 7 day Dis cruise several years ago in October and it was fabulous. I think the weather is not as risky in October. Like in FL in general.. the Feb cruise we went on last year was great. Nice weather. Warm, but not summer warm. However, a far cry from what we have here, and last year, the snow!!! :scared1:

I am excited to go next month! six weeks away!! :yay:

Any kind of warm is sounding good right now. It snowed here today, and I think we are spposed to be back to our increasingly common 17 degrees tonight.

I hope your six weeks goes very quickly, because our seven weeks is right on its heels. :cheer2:

I am DEFINITELY going to look into a cruise. I'm thinking President's Week 2012. Time to research!

And I will definitely be in contact the next time I'm in Maryland :goodvibes

Perhaps the best thing about the Disney cruises for us, anyhow, when we are with kids, will be the kids club and activities! Free kid care, basically! To me that is huge! Because then they get to do what they want to do with kids their age -- play, have activities, make friends, etc. -- be social! And we, we get to sit at the adult pool and be anti-social. :rotfl: Well, not exactly :rolleyes:

All the photos of the cruise ship, I am getting SOOOOOOOO excited!
Just six weeks away.

Perhaps the best thing about the Disney cruises for us, anyhow, when we are with kids, will be the kids club and activities! Free kid care, basically! To me that is huge! Because then they get to do what they want to do with kids their age -- play, have activities, make friends, etc. -- be social! And we, we get to sit at the adult pool and be anti-social. :rotfl: Well, not exactly :rolleyes:

All the photos of the cruise ship, I am getting SOOOOOOOO excited!
Just six weeks away.

I have to say, I am VERY excited about that part!

Though likely it won't be pool time...too cold...

Any kind of warm is sounding good right now. It snowed here today, and I think we are spposed to be back to our increasingly common 17 degrees tonight.

I hope your six weeks goes very quickly, because our seven weeks is right on its heels. :cheer2:

YAY! That is true! How fun! I wondered when you would be coming in and such, we get there on the 19th for one night at BLT before the Cruise, I am looking forward to seeing WDW for 24 hours!! :goodvibes

I have to say, I am VERY excited about that part!

Though likely it won't be pool time...too cold...

NO I don't think you'd want the pool, but the Adult cafe and outlook bar are AWESOME... so I am sure you'll enjoy that too! :thumbsup2 How exciting for you! Alaska on a Disney cruise!!! I told DH about this itinerary but he wasn't too thrilled about Alaska :sad2: -- he likes the Mexican Riviera cruise... :cool2: but I think Alaska would be amazing! :goodvibes

Just found you! I have 7 pages of catching up to do....
Just have to say love the Disney tree! The cookies look delicious and the little boy wearing all those silly banz is just adorable!

I'll get to reading when I get up, it's really late.

Just have to say love the Disney tree! The cookies look delicious and the little boy wearing all those silly banz is just adorable!

Wigd! I can't believe how late you are up! :eek: You outlasted me! I was up until 2:00 fuming because Chelsea broke ANOTHER cell phone charger. I don't even know where to get one of those -- do they sell them just anywhere? Grrrr. :headache:

Oh Anita!!! :goodvibes I was wondering when WigD would resurface!!!! I am so glad to have you here. :hug: Well that little boy has you to thank for them all!!! :laughing: He had quite a few Mr. Potato Heads lined up there!!!! :laughing: I have not taken my Disney Tree down yet, I have to confess.... I always take down the decorations this weekend, the weekend after New Year's Day, b/c I can't bear to do it any earlier, but I just finished all the house stuff, now the big tree today, and it may be I don't get to my Disney tree downstairs until sometime this week... :rolleyes1 Hey, it makes me smile :lovestruc.

Wigd! I can't believe how late you are up! :eek: You outlasted me! I was up until 2:00 fuming because Chelsea broke ANOTHER cell phone charger. I don't even know where to get one of those -- do they sell them just anywhere? Grrrr. :headache:

Oh are you kidding??!! Well, I would say Best Buy.. do you have one of those? OR a cell phone provider store... you can get them generically... you can also get them online (for pretty reasonable) they have generic ones. I lost one and had to buy a new one... How does one BREAK a phone charger?!! :laughing: Sorry... :rolleyes: Kids!!

It is imminent!! I told myself I needed to tackle all of my Christmas take down this weekend, and so my update is 90% done! Lots to share, so I should be able to get it posted this afternoon sometime! I have taken to listening to the Disney podcast while I fold laundry, so that is also on the agenda! I hit the grocery store yesterday, had to take my car in to the dealer for a scheduled brake job, and try to deal with the decorations.... it has been a busy weekend! :faint: I am looking forward to some DIS time later on!!! Just catching up on Subscriptions right now!! :thumbsup2 Hoping for snow Tuesday.... enough to cancel school... SORRY Jackie, but we'll keep it above the VA state line!!! :laughing:

Oh are you kidding??!! Well, I would say Best Buy.. do you have one of those? OR a cell phone provider store... you can get them generically... you can also get them online (for pretty reasonable) they have generic ones. I lost one and had to buy a new one... How does one BREAK a phone charger?!! :laughing: Sorry... :rolleyes: Kids!!

Yes, we do have a Best Buy -- I may try that or look online. I am not in any rush since she brought this on herself, and she won't die without her cell phone.

Chelsea is infamous for plugging in her phone to charge and then texting on it -- this is the second time she has ruined the little silver piece by bending it in unnatural ways. The first time, we were due for an upgrade anyway, so I didn't have to deal with finding a new charger.

Yeay for an update coming soon! :woohoo: I don't blame you for keeping up that tree as long as possible.

Really, at this point, I could deal with a snowstorm -- after all, it is hard to resist the temptation of wanting a day off. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter