A Disney-addicted mom plans a trip in August, 2010! *New pics #574*

Great Pictures! I had to laugh at the picture of your DH and that little tiny balloon. I can't believe you carried it all over the park! And it made me happy to see your DH in a mickey shirt...good sports, these men. I love when I see Dad's all decked out in disney apparel!

DD's birthday is Saturday too! I didn't know Zachary was a preemie...was he very early? 5 lbs. 6 oz, I wouldn't entirely think so...DS was born at 35 weeks 5 days and he was 5 lbs. 10 oz (down to 5 lbs. 1 oz in the first few days), and didn't have much trouble beyond jaundice and nursing for the first few weeks...lots of visits to the hospital for bloodwork and to the doctors for weigh-ins, but obviously that's absolutely nothing in preemie-land. It's amazing how quickly they grow! So happy early birthday Zachary!

Pictures of Amanda! :cool1: Loved all of the photos. :goodvibes And congrats for almost being finished with the program! :banana: You've done great!

I love all of the pictures especially those with SAB in the background! Oh how I love that pool:love: Have you considered just doing a short solo trip for Marathon weekend? It would be too bad if you couldn't do the race.

It just occurred to me that you mentioned you'll need to do some cooking for the August trip to stay on budget- is there a reason you're not doing free dining? I know you decided that TIW was better for your family than the DDP but hey, if it's free...

good point Hope! I am not sure how it works with APs though. I know you have to stay a minimum of 3 nights, 2 day park tickets so on and so forth. Not sure how it translates to AP holders.

I know some AP holders are buying the two day tickets and then saving them to use after their APs expire or planning to use them to upgrade when they purchase their next APs.

Great pictures--TFS!

Thanks!

Looks like a great time!!

A great time!!!

Great Pictures! I had to laugh at the picture of your DH and that little tiny balloon. I can't believe you carried it all over the park! And it made me happy to see your DH in a mickey shirt...good sports, these men. I love when I see Dad's all decked out in disney apparel!

DD's birthday is Saturday too! I didn't know Zachary was a preemie...was he very early? 5 lbs. 6 oz, I wouldn't entirely think so...DS was born at 35 weeks 5 days and he was 5 lbs. 10 oz (down to 5 lbs. 1 oz in the first few days), and didn't have much trouble beyond jaundice and nursing for the first few weeks...lots of visits to the hospital for bloodwork and to the doctors for weigh-ins, but obviously that's absolutely nothing in preemie-land. It's amazing how quickly they grow! So happy early birthday Zachary!

The balloon was hilarious. You had to see 2 grown-ups getting on Thunder Mountain and having to hand the balloon to a CM. They held it for us until we got off!!! :rotfl2:

Pictures of Amanda! :cool1: Loved all of the photos. :goodvibes And congrats for almost being finished with the program! :banana: You've done great!

Thanks! You're my inspiration!!!

I love all of the pictures especially those with SAB in the background! Oh how I love that pool:love: Have you considered just doing a short solo trip for Marathon weekend? It would be too bad if you couldn't do the race.

The marathon weekend isn't definitely out. We're just re-considering depending on the $$$ at that time.

It just occurred to me that you mentioned you'll need to do some cooking for the August trip to stay on budget- is there a reason you're not doing free dining? I know you decided that TIW was better for your family than the DDP but hey, if it's free...

I got a 40% off PIN for our room and I didn't think I could combine offers. The 40% room discount is definitely better for us than FD (especially since we can cook in the room). We'll still eat one meal a day in a restaurant, esp because we have a TIW card.

good point Hope! I am not sure how it works with APs though. I know you have to stay a minimum of 3 nights, 2 day park tickets so on and so forth. Not sure how it translates to AP holders.

I don't know either!!!

I know some AP holders are buying the two day tickets and then saving them to use after their APs expire or planning to use them to upgrade when they purchase their next APs.

That makes sense. I still think we're better off with the room discount! We're paying about $280 per night for a one bedroom villa that usually costs $540 per night!!!

I forgot to say... Zachary was born at 34weeks 3 days. He would have been my biggest baby of all if he had stayed inside longer. He was in the NICU for 1 week (feeding issues, temperature regulation issues, and jaundice) but was basically fine.

Thank you for the support! I've been feeling bad about the January trip and tight expenses but coming here always helps!!! We like having a few quiet meals in the room so it isn't a hardship at all. We always order from gardengrocer.com so we'll just order some extra stuff. My kids like eating frozen gogurt in the morning for breakfast or else some Eggo pancakes. Really easy stuff!

Amanda

The 40% pin is definately a great deal- I don't blame you, I'd do that too! :)

The 40% pin is definately a great deal- I don't blame you, I'd do that too! :)

That's what I like about the villa. I don't mind cooking/eating in to save some money. I love having the kitchen, especially the full-sized fridge and freezer. And the washer/dryer.

Amanda

Zachary had a great birthday! It was all about Mickey Mouse and Little Einsteins. His two obsessions! I'll eventually post pics (but you know how slow I am with that since it took me weeks to get our trip pics up!).

I emailed the podcast crew about my January trip. I'm trying to come up with some ways to still make it happen. I know we could downgrade our August trip but I don't really want to do that. We work SO hard that we need some good downtime (I was in the OR last night - left home at 2am and returned at 5am - and I worked 60+ hours last week). Our PIN would be worth less on a moderate or value and we'd lose the kitchen and laundry. Maybe they'll answer my email with some good ideas!

If it were just us and my parents, I would consider staying off-site (the horror! :lmao: ) for Marathon Weekend. But with my MIL coming it isn't really an option. She's a "sleep in , meet up with us when it's convenient" kind of person. She's also navigational challenged (and a scary-bad driver) so she wouldn't do well having her own car. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what our finances are like in the upcoming months. I hate not planning in advance because of ADRs (that blasted ADR thing again ;) ) but it is what it is. And even when we've made ADRs at the last minute we've found some hidden gems in the past (we loved eating at the sit-down restaurant in Mexico even though we wouldn't have chosen it).

I also realize that we're VERY lucky to have had so many wonderful (and deluxe) trips to Disney so I'm not really whining about January. I have lots of debt left over from med school (my student loans could buy a nice house in most parts of the country) and we have high childcare costs. My biggest disappointment is just the race itself and I can do that another time.

Amanda

Glad to hear Zachary had a nice birthday!

I understand about not wanting to downgrade. It sounds like you deserve a nice vacation! Plus, I'm not sure you would save that much money not having laundry and a kitchen, you know? It might really be a wash.

I know you didn't want to alienate your MIL, but would your parents pay "their share" of the hotel if they stayed with you? Because maybe that would be a good option. And then you could pass it off as "they offered to pay for the room" (could you just tell your parents that's how you're phrasing it to her? I know my parents know how to "go along" with things!)...you don't have to go into specifics about how much they're paying and maybe your MIL wouldn't be so offended. Just thinking about how to defray the costs.

I'm sure it will all work out!

Happy Birthday to Zachary!

January normally has good deals--though I am sure that is not very helpful to you right now. I agree about the in-laws chipping in to help if they are willing and able.

Glad to hear Zachary had a nice birthday!

I understand about not wanting to downgrade. It sounds like you deserve a nice vacation! Plus, I'm not sure you would save that much money not having laundry and a kitchen, you know? It might really be a wash.

I know you didn't want to alienate your MIL, but would your parents pay "their share" of the hotel if they stayed with you? Because maybe that would be a good option. And then you could pass it off as "they offered to pay for the room" (could you just tell your parents that's how you're phrasing it to her? I know my parents know how to "go along" with things!)...you don't have to go into specifics about how much they're paying and maybe your MIL wouldn't be so offended. Just thinking about how to defray the costs.

I'm sure it will all work out!

Thanks! I had originally been thinking about a 2 bedroom villa at BLT with my parents but there don't seem to be any available at this point in time. We'll see.

Happy Birthday to Zachary!

January normally has good deals--though I am sure that is not very helpful to you right now. I agree about the in-laws chipping in to help if they are willing and able.

January is a good month for deals. Sadly those deals don't usually come out until November so we'll have to wait it out....

Amanda

I feel you on the student loans. I didn't go to med school, but still :scared1:. Sometimes it feels like they'll never end...
I'd definitely be disappointed about missing your January trip-- even though you've had lovely trips in the past, it's hard to give up something you've been looking forward to, especially when life gets so stressful!! The thing to always keep in perspective is that 1) Disney isn't going anywhere! There will always be another time. and 2) How much would you enjoy a trip you were financially stressed about? Either way it's tough, but I really hope it works out for you!!
I'm glad your little guy had such a nice birthday!!

I feel you on the student loans. I didn't go to med school, but still :scared1:. Sometimes it feels like they'll never end...
I'd definitely be disappointed about missing your January trip-- even though you've had lovely trips in the past, it's hard to give up something you've been looking forward to, especially when life gets so stressful!! The thing to always keep in perspective is that 1) Disney isn't going anywhere! There will always be another time. and 2) How much would you enjoy a trip you were financially stressed about? Either way it's tough, but I really hope it works out for you!!
I'm glad your little guy had such a nice birthday!!

Good points. I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude!!!

I finally accomplished my 30 min run. It wasn't pretty but I did it. I tried once last week and couldn't do it. And I didn't have time to try again. So I'm proud! 2 more 30 min runs and I've technically finished the C25K.

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter