• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A DISmeet here..a DISmeet there..Our August Southern Tour- Final Posts - #544!

I know you must be so happy to be tucked in your own beds tonight and safely back home. No matter how much fun you have it is always good to be back in your own space!

I know you have a lot to get caught up on, just know our thoughts, love and prayers are with you!

Lisa, I know you will not likely see this until much later, but I nonetheless want to wish you and Megan a great, safe flight home :) It was such a pleasure to meet the both of you.

I know you must be so happy to be tucked in your own beds tonight and safely back home. No matter how much fun you have it is always good to be back in your own space!

I know you have a lot to get caught up on, just know our thoughts, love and prayers are with you!

thank you my sweet friends!

will have updates in a few days, just a quick drive by to let you all know we are home and had a wonderful trip!

Just popped in to say GOOD MORNING!!!!!

Have a Fantabulous Day!
:cloud9::love::cloud9::love::cloud9::love::cloud9::love:

thanks sweetie, hoping the same for you!

if I get my other "jobs" completed today I hope to start editing my photos and plan to start my TR next week...sorry for the delay, I'm still trying to get back on schedule and I don't bounce back from the time change like I used to :rotfl:

if I get my other "jobs" completed today I hope to start editing my photos and plan to start my TR next week...sorry for the delay, I'm still trying to get back on schedule and I don't bounce back from the time change like I used to :rotfl:

No problem, everyone gets busy, take your time and readjust to west coast time! :goodvibes I look forward to seeing the ipctures! :banana: Thanks so much for doing me the little favor and delivering the gift! :goodvibes

Glad you are home safe and sound. Take your time starting that TR....we're going to spend the weekend with the kids in Iowa and I don't want to get any further behind than I already am. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Get some rest and can't wait to see all your pics.:surfweb:

Glad you are home safe and sound. Take your time starting that TR....we're going to spend the weekend with the kids in Iowa and I don't want to get any further behind than I already am. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

thanks Kathy....don't think I'll get to it until monday, still have to finish edit and then upload to photobucket! have a great time with the kids....will get caught up on your PTR over the weekend :thumbsup2

Get some rest and can't wait to see all your pics.:surfweb:

Hi Michelle, am getting there slowly :rotfl: megan will be spending the afternoon with my mom so I will have a little quiet time to myself :goodvibes

Wanted to say hi! I need to go find where I was last! =0) we are still planning to work on the blankets. I knew I had some tinge with you traveling will get them out next week!

Wanted to say hi! I need to go find where I was last! =0) we are still planning to work on the blankets. I knew I had some tinge with you traveling will get them out next week!

Hi Amy! hope Alli is feeling better...so sad we didn't get to meet you both in Charlotte, but know it was much more important Alli stay home and get stronger!
anytime for the blankets will be fine, thanks for helping us out!

Hope you are getting all settled back in at home :) DH surprised me with inviting dinner guests over on Sunday so it forced me to clean some today. The office was in major need of a dusting so I gave it a good cleaning today and did the dining room as well -- still have to vacuum the chairs in there but overall the downstairs is now in decent shape (not counting the messy playroom!). I'll finish it tomorrow and then work on the upstairs though I'm not as critical with that since company will likely just get a tour up there and not spend time there. I wanted to sew this weekend -- not clean!!!!

company is always my insentive to clean :rotfl: oh for a housekeeper :goodvibes hope you can find a bit of time to sew!
we are slowly getting there...I actually worked on a small swap today, was nice to place with my paper and pieces again :goodvibes need to do a quick clean up this weekend, and put a last things away....and work on getting my TR started, finished edit of bad photos, will try to upload to PB and order prints over the weekend....I will email you what I have from our time together!

Glad to hear you are getting settled and you got to play a little yesterday.

I could use a housekeeper as well... Sigh... But then I would have to clean for the housekeeper to come...

D~

I could use a housekeeper as well... Sigh... But then I would have to clean for the housekeeper to come...

D~

it was a nice day...:rotfl: I would be the same way!

I messed up my nail appt time yesterday, thought it was at 12, was at 10, so rescheduled for today at 11 and then we are heading out to a friends open house for the rest of the day.

hope to get photos uploaded to PB tomorrow and get things started for my TR! stay tuned....

D~

:rotfl2: I totally would be the same way because I wouldn't want the housekeeper to see how messy we are :rolleyes1

Hope you had a great weekend! I can't believe it was just a week ago you left, seems like a month! Miss you!

happy monday! not :rotfl:

have back to school day ...getting all those school things ordered, yearbooks, photos, etc. getting schedules and lockers! just wish we had a start day!

a couple errands to do afterwards and then hope to get my TR started this afternoon!

Judy, hard to believe it has only been a week since we left, miss you all so much!

Hi Andrea and Meredith.....Andrea isn't it a cherry DP :rolleyes1 had my coffee, Megan is showered early so I can do something with her hair for photos, I'm heading to shower and some house cleaning before we head out!

sorry for the delay....here it is, the TR has begun :dance3:

Thursday August 2nd we flew out at 1045pm....flight went well and we both slept a bit, we arrived on time in Atlanta at 630am on August 3rd....got luggage and took tram to rental cars, was on the road by 730 to Shawna's (mickeyteacher) traffic was a bit heavy until we got on the north side of Atlanta, we arrived at 845am....to the surprise of Shawna's kids (they didn't know we were coming) they couldn't place where they knew up from (met them at WDW in April 2011 so had been awhile) we got settled in and hung out, Megan took a nap and I snoozed a bit...we felt refreshed and just visited with the kids and Bruce until Shawna got home....had a yummy dinner (Bruce is a great cook!) and got to bed early that night!

Saturday, August 4th...us girls headed out to visit the Cabbage Patch Doll Museum....we had taken Megan for her 3rd bday and was looking forward to it. Shawna had said they had moved locations and had a bigger site....wow was it bigger, looked like a Mansion and I was a bit disappointed in it, the sweetness of the old building was gone and the were all about selling the dolls, not the cuteness of them....the main shopping area also had stuffed animals, puzzles and other toys that weren't Cabbage Patch related. Did take a few photos though of Megan and Ansley...

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

we picked up a couple little things for someother friends DD we were seeing later in the week and headed out....we had hoped to be able to tour the square in Helen, but was POURING down rain...so headed back through to Dahlonega, had lunch at a yummy italian place, walked around looking at shops (had stopped raining by then) and hit up the local candy shop, yum!
stopped to pick up some extra school stuf, headed home after that and did some more hanging out for the night! I did help Shawna get some of her classroom prep done for the start of the year and another teacher friend who had lightning hit her house a couple days before.

Sunday August 5th...helped Shawna and Bruce get things together for our DISmeet later in the day, did some more prep work on school stuff and enjoyed our time chatting....our DISmeet included Leah, (mouseaddcts) her DH Larry, DD Bailey, DS Trent....Anne (disneybarlans) her DS's Connor, Tyler, Brandon, unfortunately her DH wasn't able to come....the kids headed downstairs to play, us ladies of course did tons of talking about our kids, Disney and scrapping (we all know each other from the scrapbook boards here) and the DH's enjoyed sharing Disney trips! we had a yummy bbq dinner, homemade max n cheese, and yummy desserts!

here are a couple photos from our night

all the kids

IMG_0239.jpg

the girls

IMG_0242.jpg

the ladies

IMG_0241.jpg

that's all for now...stayed tune...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter