• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A DISmeet here..a DISmeet there..Our August Southern Tour- Final Posts - #544!

having a busy day today!

was out up and early to run errands to the bank, dealership to get my tire fixed, another nail in one errrr, Target to get a couple things for our trip, Hobby Lobby to get paper for friends DD Bat Mitzvah album, my local scrap store to pick up a few more for said album, then picked up Megan's bff Karlee, stopped at the farmers market to get some fruit & veggies, pizza for lunch, home for a bit to hang out...then went to my mom's so she could meet Karlee, the book store and now home again...Karlee is spending the night, so will be a late night at my house!

I'm planning on making a bunch of cards tonight to get my supply stocked up and try to stay sane for the night :rotfl:

Sounds like a crazy day! I'm 20 and I still have sleepovers, :rotfl: I really wish I would never have to "outgrow" them. Of course nowadays it's at my apartment and I have one friend who sleeps over every night! :lmao: Staying sane? Now why would you not? :rolleyes1 I kid, I've certainly heard about sleepovers from my mother, I'm sure she's glad we moved elsewhere. :rotfl2: Especially because the bonus room where we'd hang out was over her bedroom... :rolleyes1 Enjoy your night, hope you manage to get some sleep!

Oh wow, Lisa. You all are so close to your trip and big meet! Love the scrap book pages!

Meredith, praying for you!

Good Morning!

can't believe our trip is almost here :banana: need to start packing the little things next week :thumbsup2 so excited to see all my DIS friends :goodvibes

staying home today to do a few things around the house and hoping to scrap, scrap, scrap....I have about 5 sets of photos left to do and I will be all current, so hope to be done in the next day or two :woohoo:

have a wonderful day everyone :flower3:

just need to post....

I am all current on my scrapbooking :woohoo:

here is some photos from our NW Trek from last week

P1110896.jpg

and from last weekend when we went down to the water with friends

P1110894.jpg

Oops, I missed this somehow! :blush: Love the scrapbooking pages, it looks like a really fun trip! I am a hugeee bison lover :lmao:, it's one of my little quirks, so I love the photos! If you'd like to see what bad scrapbooking looks like, let me know and I can upload some pictures of my Yellowstone scrapbook. :rotfl2:

Oh wow, Lisa. You all are so close to your trip and big meet! Love the scrap book pages!

Meredith, praying for you!

Thank you for your prayers Tink! :flower3: I still feel a bit silly asking for them... I was just really stressed out about a new issue. I don't deal well with the unexpected. Luckily I am tolerating my medication really well, which is very good news since I tend to have trouble with medications. :woohoo: Btw, saw you posted that Anakin cried about Lisa in the hospital. I know you at least used to be worried about him not understanding empathy, but it sounds like he is very empathetic, whether he realizes it or not! :thumbsup2

thanks for the scrap love :goodvibes so happy to be caught up again!

Meredith, scrapbooking is a big learning experience, my first years were pretty simple, my books are much more advanced from were I started

girls are being crazy and LOUD! thankfully no one lives below us, they'd be complaining :lmao:
will see how much sleeping goes on....I'll put my ear plugs in if needed!

Tink, yes we are getting really excited for our trip, not so much about the weather, but will deal with it :thumbsup2 worth it to see our friends :goodvibes

Anakin does have a huge heart and is so sweet :goodvibes

I LOVE those scrapbook pages! Awesome job!!!

Only a few more weeks - SOOOO EXCITED to finally meet you and Megan!!! You have no idea!!!!

So funny... The girls and I were sitting at dinner last night, and I was reminding them that I am going to the AG sale this weekend. Alli pipes up... You're getting Megan a doll right? - Ummm... Huh? Which Megan? We know several. - Megan, the one who left us the Pixie Dust in our room... - Ummm... No, I wasn't planning on doing a doll... - Well you should, that was super nice.

LOL - so now you know just how much that Pixie Dust meant to my girls... It's worth an AG doll. ;)

D~

I LOVE those scrapbook pages! Awesome job!!!

Only a few more weeks - SOOOO EXCITED to finally meet you and Megan!!! You have no idea!!!!

So funny... The girls and I were sitting at dinner last night, and I was reminding them that I am going to the AG sale this weekend. Alli pipes up... You're getting Megan a doll right? - Ummm... Huh? Which Megan? We know several. - Megan, the one who left us the Pixie Dust in our room... - Ummm... No, I wasn't planning on doing a doll... - Well you should, that was super nice.

LOL - so now you know just how much that Pixie Dust meant to my girls... It's worth an AG doll. ;)

D~

thanks D!
we are so excited to finally meet you too, we are going to have so much fun!

oh that is so sweet Alli thought you should get Megan a doll, SO NOT needed as you know, you have spoiled Megan more than enough with her bag and AG outfits.... but sweet never the less :goodvibes So happy they loved and appreciated the pixie dust we sent :goodvibes:goodvibes

sleep over update - they actually slept :rotfl::rotfl: did lights and tv off at 10:30 and I went to bed shortly after that, only heard a few whispers then nothing...Megan just woke up a few minutes ago, but letting Karlee sleep for a bit longer...making pancakes for breakfast then hanging out.

I have my neck relief massage at noon, so think we will grab some lunch and head to the park for a bit before we take Karlee home!

I got a bunch of cards made last night, might get a few more done today!

have a wonderful day!

just thought I'd share what I got done last night...did 33 cards!

bday cards I used my embosser and used up TONS of scraps of different colored paper and ribbons! other 3 from my little local scrap store, she had a clearance and couldn't pass them up, had to assemble them and hand colored the flowers & bee set

P1110898.jpg

thanks D!
sleep over update - they actually slept :rotfl::rotfl: did lights and tv off at 10:30 and I went to bed shortly after that, only heard a few whispers then nothing...Megan just woke up a few minutes ago, but letting Karlee sleep for a bit longer...making pancakes for breakfast then hanging out.

I have my neck relief massage at noon, so think we will grab some lunch and head to the park for a bit before we take Karlee home!

I got a bunch of cards made last night, might get a few more done today!

have a wonderful day!

Oh yay, they actually slept! :banana: I think when I was younger I actually stayed up later and now that I'm so old :rotfl: we always try to stay up late and then turn in at about midnight. :lmao: The neck massage sounds nice! :goodvibes

Not so great day for me...the unlucky 9's continue to strike. :sad2: I had a very bad appointment with my doctor, got very upset, almost cried, something I never do. :sad2: Then I had another snafu with my research, and the deadline is Monday! :scared1:

bday cards I used my embosser and used up TONS of scraps of different colored paper and ribbons! other 3 from my little local scrap store, she had a clearance and couldn't pass them up, had to assemble them and hand colored the flowers & bee set

P1110898.jpg

Oh wow they look great! You are so crafty! :goodvibes:goodvibes

sorry you had a rough day Meredith ...hope tomorrow is better and you can fix your research problem.

I love to scrapbook, so the cards is just another way to use up my scraps, doing a bunch more, got through about 1/2 of my scrap pile :thumbsup2

neck relief massage has been a great thing for me, due to 3 different neck injuries over the years I have LOTS of scar tissue in my muscles and have terrible migraines to boot, since I started the massage last Sept my 3-day migraines are now 1 day and alot fewer, and a lot of the muscle is getting better too!

we went to lunch and both of the girls looked so tired, I asked them what they wanted to do and both just shrugged their shoulders...so I said maybe we just need to take K home and they both said yes...neither one wanted to be the one to end their day :rotfl2:

LOVED your new scrap pages, your cards and YOU my dear sister!!! Have a fabulous weekend and Thanks for calling!

LOVED your new scrap pages, your cards and YOU my dear sister!!! Have a fabulous weekend and Thanks for calling!

thanks sweetie :)
you know I'd call you every day if I could :goodvibes

hope you weekend will be great too! know you are getting ready for Lisa's surgery, but hope you can have some family fun too!

two weeks we will be in HOT-lanta !!!! boy I need to get busy with getting our stuff together! know I'll have to do laundry right at the end since we will be wearing some of what we are bringing on the trip.

not too much going on today, have a nail appt, going to work on some more cards and clean house.
my mom called last night and want's our trip itinerary, she can't keep it all straight of who/when/what/where we are doing, so need to put all that together for her today too...got to keep the mama happy :rotfl:

hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Great pages!!

I need your address again. I actually took yours, Judys, Andreas and Lynns with me to Disney...... And I couldn't find them and STILL CAN"T!!! So frustrated!

Can't wait to see you!

I must say, now every time I hear the song "For Good" from Wicked, I instantly think of you two ladies! I know you are both Wicked fans (and I know Rachel wants to be Glinda someday :wizard:), and I just think the song fits you both perfectly. :goodvibes

thanks sweetie :)
you know I'd call you every day if I could :goodvibes

hope you weekend will be great too! know you are getting ready for Lisa's surgery, but hope you can have some family fun too!

two weeks we will be in HOT-lanta !!!! boy I need to get busy with getting our stuff together! know I'll have to do laundry right at the end since we will be wearing some of what we are bringing on the trip.

not too much going on today, have a nail appt, going to work on some more cards and clean house.
my mom called last night and want's our trip itinerary, she can't keep it all straight of who/when/what/where we are doing, so need to put all that together for her today too...got to keep the mama happy :rotfl:

hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Oh yes, it's hot down here!!!!! I'm actually probably heading down to Atlanta in a couple of weeks (hopefully!) to see some doctors and family. :) I hope you have a great time! :yay: Your trip is getting close, hope you had a nice time getting a pedicure :)

Btw, I saw Brave the other day with my parents. I agree, it is very good at providing a lesson to respect your parents and trust that they know what they are doing. :thumbsup2 It's a great mother/daughter movie!

Great pages!!

I need your address again. I actually took yours, Judys, Andreas and Lynns with me to Disney...... And I couldn't find them and STILL CAN"T!!! So frustrated!

Can't wait to see you!

thanks Amy! we are excited to finally meet you and Alli!!!
PM'd you my address!

I must say, now every time I hear the song "For Good" from Wicked, I instantly think of you two ladies! I know you are both Wicked fans (and I know Rachel wants to be Glinda someday :wizard:), and I just think the song fits you both perfectly. :goodvibes

that's sweet to say Meredith :)
we do love Wicked....sshhh, got tickets to see it in October to surprise Megan!!

Oh yes, it's hot down here!!!!! I'm actually probably heading down to Atlanta in a couple of weeks (hopefully!) to see some doctors and family. :) I hope you have a great time! :yay: Your trip is getting close, hope you had a nice time getting a pedicure :)

I remember the heat well, just plan on staying in when needed and carry water everywhere we go :thumbsup2
hope you get to see you family and some good news from the doctors.

Btw, I saw Brave the other day with my parents. I agree, it is very good at providing a lesson to respect your parents and trust that they know what they are doing. :thumbsup2 It's a great mother/daughter movie!

::yes:: it was!

I got it!

:thumbsup2

Megan and I are heading out today and going to the Scrapbook Expo in Puyallup, hope to find some fun new scrapping goodies, haven't been to one for a few years so will be a fun day!

have a wonderful day!

here is my haul from the scrapbook expo....wasn't to thrilled with most vendors, lots of the same stuff and tons of stamp companies....did get a few cute things for disney, cute dance LO, brads, couple new embossing folders to make cards with, rub on letters and fall words, purple flowers, xmas stamp set and Megan got a cute girl stamp.

P1110899.jpg

here is my haul from the scrapbook expo....wasn't to thrilled with most vendors, lots of the same stuff and tons of stamp companies....did get a few cute things for disney, cute dance LO, brads, couple new embossing folders to make cards with, rub on letters and fall words, purple flowers, xmas stamp set and Megan got a cute girl stamp.

P1110899.jpg

Ooh, a scrapbooking expo sounds like fun, sorry it was a bit disappointing. I think the Disney stuff looks cute, and the girly dance things! :goodvibes Do you know how many scrapbooks you have filled up?

Ooh, a scrapbooking expo sounds like fun, sorry it was a bit disappointing. I think the Disney stuff looks cute, and the girly dance things! :goodvibes Do you know how many scrapbooks you have filled up?

yes I do:

12 albums for each year of Megan's Life
1 Dance Album which is full will start new one
2 bday albums
3 xmas albums
1 santa photo album
2 NYC trip ablums
1 AK cruise album
1 HI cruise album
1 disney cruise album
17 DLR and WDW albums - can you tell we LOVE DISNEY! (38 trips to DLR and 6 to WDW since 2002)
1 album of Jim's photos birth until we met in 1993

I still want to work on our wedding photos, photos of 1993 - 2000 of Jim and I and photos my mom gave me of my early years. I am current on all of our recent photos.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while -- I worked just two days last week and do the same this week, but it really throws me off on my schedule and I can't keep up with Dis!

Good Morning!

can't believe our trip is almost here :banana: need to start packing the little things next week :thumbsup2 so excited to see all my DIS friends :goodvibes

staying home today to do a few things around the house and hoping to scrap, scrap, scrap....I have about 5 sets of photos left to do and I will be all current, so hope to be done in the next day or two :woohoo:

have a wonderful day everyone :flower3:

just need to post....

I am all current on my scrapbooking :woohoo:

here is some photos from our NW Trek from last week

P1110896.jpg

and from last weekend when we went down to the water with friends

P1110894.jpg
That looks like a fabulous place! I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE animal lover and would love to go there someday if I ever head out to your area. But what I am most impressed with is that you already have your pics printed and in an album!!! I really should get to work on my things!

P1110898.jpg
Awesome! I LOVE handmade cards!
Oh yay, they actually slept! :banana: I think when I was younger I actually stayed up later and now that I'm so old :rotfl: we always try to stay up late and then turn in at about midnight. :lmao: The neck massage sounds nice! :goodvibes

Not so great day for me...the unlucky 9's continue to strike. :sad2: I had a very bad appointment with my doctor, got very upset, almost cried, something I never do. :sad2: Then I had another snafu with my research, and the deadline is Monday! :scared1:

Oh wow they look great! You are so crafty! :goodvibes:goodvibes
I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and am sorry you have so much going on right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter