• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A DISers Book Club!

Anybody read the sequel to Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson? I loved Three Cups and am looking forward to reading the sequel.

For those who loved Shadow Divers-- Titanic's Last Secrets: The Further Adventures of Shadow Divers by John Chatterton and Richie Kohler .Looks interesting.

And I also found a book that looks like it argues points made in Shadow Divers--Shadow Divers Exposed: the Real Saga of the U-869
by Gary Gentile.

I found both of these on Amazon. I will only be reading the first one, the 2nd is not available on Kindle.

Check it out the Apple site.. Says it can run over 140,000 apps from the App Store.. Has anyone heard if it can read the books made for the Kindle?

Check it out the Apple site.. Says it can run over 140,000 apps from the App Store.. Has anyone heard if it can read the books made for the Kindle?

Yes there is a kindle app. I have it for my iTouch. It is awesome and a free app!!

I love that people are discussing the Stephanie Plum novels. They are books my mom and I read as pick-me-ups. We used to listen to them on tape but they changed readers and the new one isn't as good. Grandma Mazur is definitely my favorite character.

Right now I am reading The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood. It is futuristic and pretty deep. Not moving as quickly as I had hoped. My book club is reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson this month. He is a very funny non-fiction writer.

I am new to posting and hope I have done it right. :)

I love that people are discussing the Stephanie Plum novels. They are books my mom and I read as pick-me-ups. We used to listen to them on tape but they changed readers and the new one isn't as good. Grandma Mazur is definitely my favorite character.

Right now I am reading The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood. It is futuristic and pretty deep. Not moving as quickly as I had hoped. My book club is reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson this month. He is a very funny non-fiction writer.

Welcome to posting! I don't do it often either.

I loved A Walk In The Woods....not usually something I would read but it was both informative and absolutely hilarious. I listened to it on audio tape and wondered if it would be as funny reading in print.

I loved A Walk In The Woods....not usually something I would read but it was both informative and absolutely hilarious. I listened to it on audio tape and wondered if it would be as funny reading in print.

Listening to it sounds like a great idea! Do you remember who read it?

Welcome! :goodvibes

Bill Bryson often reads his own books and does a great job.
Most anything he writes I have found very interesting.

In a Sunburned Country - Pete might like this about Bill's trip to Australia.

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir -- Growing up in Iowa in the 1950's was a favorite of mine.

Just finished the first book of the Red Riding Quartet 1974. Great read was originialy under the impression was based on true events come to find out all fiction. A bit risqué but really enjoyed. Use to have trouble reading British authors but was really an easy read really looking forward to rest.

I just finished "The Last Templar" by Raymond Khoury- it was luke warm.... I just realized they did a tv miniseries out of it, I'll have to check it out.
I started reading Dean Koontz's third installment of the Frankenstein saga. I highly recommend the first 2 books.

Bill Bryson often reads his own books and does a great job.
Most anything he writes I have found very interesting.

In a Sunburned Country - Pete might like this about Bill's trip to Australia.

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir -- Growing up in Iowa in the 1950's was a favorite of mine.

Thanks for the info and for the recommendations. We don't have either of these. I will check them out.

Hi all! I've seen this thread at the top of the boards, but haven't ventured here yet.

I've been inching my way through Mousejunkies. It's not bad, but I expected it to be more like a travel journal than a guidebook. I have lots of unread books in my office, but I haven't decided what I'm going to read next. I may go to the library to pay off my late fees and start borrowing books again instead of spendning money on books.

I've got tons of Alison Weir books to read so I might pick up one of them next.

Has anyone read "Dear John" ?

The movie looks really good , but I know the books are almost always better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter