A Day in Port Canaveral

michiedorn

Earning My Ears
Hi all -

I'm taking a cruise which gets back to Port Canaveral in the morning but my flight leaves in the evening. What do people usually do with this time? Should I go to Cape Canaveral?

Thanks!

(1) if you have a car go to Kennedy space centre just up the road.

(2) Go to MCO book a day room at the Hyatt and use the pool.

(3) Drive to downtown Disney or Seaworld.

nearby things to do from Port Canaveral

beaches are close ... try Jetty Park

Kennedy Space Center is close

ECO tours for Manatee/Dolphin spotting; both by boat or Kayak

air boat rides

Brevard Zoo / Tree Top Trek zip line

We usually rent a car and spend the day at Downtown Disney. If we have time we also play a round of minigolf at WinterSummerLand or Fantasia Gardens. :)

Exploration Tower near the port. You can go to the top and see the cruise ship in the port. There's also an airplane museum in Titusville. It's small but there's lots of great things to look at, including 2 airplane hangers full of planes and a museum. The people that work there are very friendly.

We keep APs to Universal, so the two times we've had later flights we get a rental car (once from MCO when we had already arranged DCL transportation for the sake of the onboard checkin for our luggage and once from Cape Canaveral when we were on RCCL and didn't have that) and head over to Uni for a few hours. Last rides, last "oh I love being here"s, last butterbeers with a rock cake or two for the flight. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter