• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

I just have to say-what adorable kids these two are. That little one singing Twisted Sister just cracks me up! :rotfl2: Him and I could be best buddies!!
Great TR! Glad your back and I can't wait for more!!

O.k. I was going to wait to respond untill I had caught up, but I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face and I have to comment.
I was just reading Ch.11. And I have to say so far this TR has made me laugh, cry, get mad and relive that Disney magic! It's been great. You definatly have a gift for writing and when you are through with this you need to print it all out, not just to have as a keepsake for your trip, but send it in to a publishing house. It would be great just as it is. It could be one of those unabridged versions. It is truly awesome!!!!
Anyway back to Ch. 11 I was thinking oh how sweet about ya'lls "secret" finding the paintbrushes and cheering Sally on, while wanting to thake those sparkle sisters and teach them some manners!!!:mad: When you came to the part with the little girl in the braces! Oh drat there goes those tears again!! I can't see to know what I'm typing, so forgive the bloopers. Anyway I just wanted to scoop Sallyl in my arms and give here the biggest hug ever!! She has got great potential. My sons are 8 and 5 and my 8 yr old is going through a stage where sometimes I just want to sling him over my lap and whip him good and the next instance I want to hug him tight for doing somethin sweet and compassionate. See my 5 yr old has Cerebral Palsy. He was mainly in his wheelchair at DW because of all the walking and I was scared to try Tom Sawyer Island because he was having some major mobility issues while we were there. But in reading that I was taken back to some instances when we were just having fun and some rude, ignorant (and yes they are ignorant, they do not understand or do not want to know exactly why or what someone or some thing is!!!. *end of soapbox*) person has tried to take away the joy I am trying to give my son. But if I get upset or rude then I am teaching him the wrong way to handle things so I have to bite my lip and act like the Southern Lady I am supposed to be! Bravo BRAVO Sally. When you stand up for one Disabled person you are standing up for them all. So THANK YOU Sally!:hug:
I do have to say taht we were at Galveston Moody Gardens last week and I took my son Ice Skating. O.K. I drug and pushed him around the rink on Ice Skates, but hey he says he went Ice Skating and is very happy about it so it counts!!! But anyway when we got off and I put him in his wheel chair one lady was not happpy with me for endangering my child on the ice. Actually as she just snorted and sniffed and frowned, I think she really wasn't happy because her little darlings had to wait and extra minute for us to get off the ice so they could enter. Oh Well!!:rolleyes1 But anyway as wewere getting ready to leave a woman came up to me and THanked me for giving my son that opportunity. There are people in this world that DO care and GET IT. I have a feeling little Sally is going to be one of those people.

O.k. end of hi-jack over. I'm going back to finish!!!!!!:goodvibes

I'm glad that you've continued your adventure. My son has asked me what the CambellScots have been up to lately...and now I am glad that I can update him:cool1:

Anxiously awaiting more!:surfweb:

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your report. Lost track of how many times I have laughed and teared-up as I read. I understand what it is like to have to parent a child in two homes. Stick to your guns and continue to pick your battles appropriately... and above all pray. A lot.

:hug:

Oh MissCammie, I just love you!!!! Your writing is "FABULOUS" :yay:

I started reading this post on Sunday Afternoon (01/05/08) per my husbands request, mousecrazy2006, and I have just now caught up to present posts of Soarin. AKA my favorite Ride, :love: Everytime we go to Disney the first park we go to is Apricot(love ya Teddy) and Soarin is the first ride that we do and Soarin is also the last ride that we do before we catch the Magical Express Bus to the airport and back to the other place that we call HOME...

Ever since I started reading your post I have also started praying for you and your babies...

I just love SallyRally "Fred", I love how she is such a Rule Enforcer. I started thinking and wondered if someone very close to her has really broken the rules or hasn't played fair in her life, which would make her such a Rule Enforcer. That would surely make me want everyone to follow the rules. I love the story of Minnie Mouse remembering Sally, what joy that brought to my heart plus lots of tears...

Teddy cracks me up...His one liners are fabulous...Especially Pinkerbelle:woohoo: My 13 year old girl loves Pinkerbelle and want's to be Pinkerbelle in Wishes.

Please continue to write more as your writing has touched so many lives. popcorn:: My prayers go out to you and Jay, what a hard road you have been on but I want to share with you that through suffering, suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces character and character produces Hope...and we all have Hope in Jesus Christ... (I hope that was okay to say to you???) I don't want to offend, but just wish you the best.:yay:
:grouphug: to you!!!!
Texasbelle aka Carolyn

Since I was SO VERY deficient in chapter posting the last while, I decided to post a VERY LONG chapter, with lots of pictures...as penance. SEE mom...I can TOO commit to things!!! This one's for YOU!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had just gone on the best ride EVER since Sally had been born...it was going to be tough to top it, but we were willing to give it a go!!

So we left the Land with Jay strategically planning for our next FP opportunity for Soarin!! He truly loves this ride. I spend so much time talking about Sally and Teddy's reactions to rides that I forget to talk about Jay...normally he's a laid back guy. It takes a lot to really rile him up. He's not an over emotional type when it's comes to "WOW!!! That ride was SO awesome!!!", but I can tell he really likes something when whatever it is enters in to his mental map for the day. Soarin is one of those things. When he is on this ride, he laughs and smiles with the same abandon as Teddy. Something about it thrills him to his toes. It's the Disney magic...making its way under his hard to impress exterior...he just can't help himself.

Gotta love that Disney magic!!

We decided to head over to the Living Seas next. I had talked about the Living Seas to the kids for months. MissCammie happens to be a bit crazy about Manatees. Love them. Darling darling aquatic creatures are Manatees. When I was in college I was doing a Marine Biology class and we got to travel to Florida for a week to study critters up close and personal. We got to meet Algernon the Manatee during that week. He was a special needs manatee. His tail had been shredded due to a collision with a boat manned by a careless driver! Algernon had been found near death. Poor baby.

Our small class was allowed to visit Algernon in the "recuperating" area. He was quite friendly considering all he'd been through and we were allowed to drop lettuce into the water for him and pat him and such. Just the SWEETEST animal in creation.

SO...long story...sort of long...I developed an abiding love for the Manatee! I purchased a little stuffed manatee keyring from the Living Seas last year and he was clipped to my park bag ready to say howdy to all his friends!

*ahem*

But before we could see the Manatees we decided to ride the Nemo and Friends ride. The queue seemed to be outside mostly and the line was longish, but this ride was not open last summer and Teddy and Sally are big Nemo fans...so we got in line...how long could it be? It was still morning...we'd probably zip right through...with out a bit of trouble...or any near riots starting...

right?

yeah...not so much...

I burnt my dang shoulders waiting in the sweltering heat and blistering sun of that day. I had put sunscreen on, but that darn Florida brand of sun burned right through it!

While we sweltered and burned, I found time to take some pictures!!!

These guys absolutely crack me up...they are exactly how I imagined seagulls would be...*ahem*
100_1224.jpg

Bruce is Teddy's personal fave! Fish are friends NOT food!!!
100_1226.jpg

Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!! Gotta love Crush!!! :rotfl:
100_1228.jpg

so basically there is lots of stuff to keep you in the Nemo mindframe as you wait...outside...in the sun...burning...and listening to the boys in front of you having a burping contest...which escalated into a pooting contest...(we call them poots in the South...just to clarify...cuz people need to know this stuff...and I don't even feel gross talking about poots b/c I have read descriptions of number 4's AND seen pictures of throw up...all on this very board...from the same person mind you...so poot talk is pretty tame considering...anyhow...where were we? OH YES...the burping and pooting constest...)

:headache:

Seriously...probably made the top three grossest extended period of time in my life list...yes I have a list...b/c I make lists...b/c I have issues...which all y'all know...and still manage to keep reading...which I appreciate...:thumbsup2

Sally was so horrified I thought she was going to expire right on the spot based on principle alone. The first burp got her started with the "eyes"...y'know...the :eek: eyes...She rolled her head up towards me with those big eyes and didn't have to say a word. I nodded my head, Sally wrinkled her nose...we were in agreement...GROSS.

The burping was bad enough...it was obnoxious...LOUD...followed by raucous laughter and more burping. When the dad joined in, well Sally was rendered nearly comatose. Her eyes were huge in her disbelief...a grown up...a FATHER...participating in something so rude and foul in public was beyond Sally's comprehension. They might as well have dropped their shorts and wee'd on the ground at her feet as far as she was concerned. It was just too much for my Prissy girl to believe.

After about ten minutes...not kidding...the "contest" appeared to be over...but it wasn't long until Sally suddenly nailed her brother with a look and hissed,

"Teddy...that is very DISGUSTING! MissCammie...Teddy POOTED and didn't excuse himself!" Sally said this all in a very quiet voice so that the world would not know how disgusting a little brother she had.

Based on the noxiousness of the air around me I wondered if Teddy had somehow gotten some milk into his system without me knowing it. I asked Teddy if he was feeling okay.

Teddy gave a look that was pure innocence.

"MissCammie I did NOT either poot. Because I just went to the bathroom and YOU said that if I had to.."

I stopped him before the conversation went any further.

"TEDDY. I believe you..."

I didn't even have time for another thought before I heard one of the boys in front of us say,

"Good one DAD!"

:headache:

Then they high fived each other....I'm not kidding. Over a poot.

Sally looked up at me with fury in her eyes. She didn't have to say one word. I knew what she was thinking. Because I was thinking it too...how on EARTH did we keep getting assaulted by the armpit of humanity? Between Stitch, the smell of DEATH at Toontown and this current round of nastiness I was very afraid that Sally's memories of the happiest place on earth were going to be heavily tainted with poot smells and hot stinky chili breath...I made a note to call the therapist when we got home...

Of course the pooting went on from there...b/c one MUST show up their father in the pooting arena...when you are at Disneyworld...in LINE...where people are TRAPPED...

I'm not sure what gets in to people. Really. Totally and completely uncouth.

Sally was getting to the end of her rope. She had her arms wrapped around my waist and her face pressed into my side. Jay had that face on...the face he gets when he would like to say something but is trying to be agreeable and wait it out...then he shook his head and laughed...because what else can you do...aside from throw up? Teddy alone seemed unbothered by it all. He had moved on to Beatles songs and was humming "Yellow Submarine" to himself...probably in honor of the nautical themed ride. :laughing:

It seemed we had been standing there FOREVER...and noxious smells kept blasting into the air...followed by laughter and high fiving...and seriously...in the heat...being surrounded by bodies is bad enough...add three totally disgusting people who seem to have MASSIVE digestion issues based on their endless ability to release toxic gas into the air...a person can start to feel a little desperate...or their touchy gag reflex can start up...This was that BAD. I was thinking we were going to have to leave the line and come back later...which annoyed me, b/c the kids wanted to go on this ride...but I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be able to last.

People around us and in front of the GROSSEST people on EARTH started to look around. Someone behind us loudly asked if an animal had died somewhere in the vicinity.

The boys found this VERY funny. They started making remarks about "Yeah something died...up my dad's #@%!..." The dad replied with some colorful language of his own. Really bad language...combinations I have rarely heard. Really disgusting, crude, needs his mouth washed out language.

SO...not only are they disgusting...they have foul mouths as well.

And that was it for me.

I had had enough.

Smells are one thing, but when your foul mouth starts assaulting the ears of young children, including my little ones...especially five year old Teddy who will often parrot things he's heard throughout the day...I will HELP you make a better choice. Normally I am not "that person". But this was beyond acceptable.

I slapped those boys AND the dad with an eyebrow arch and said "EXCUSE ME...You are in a park filled with young children and families, including mine. I do not allow language like that in my home and I'm not about to allow it within earshot of young children. I'm sure we would all appreciate it if you could keep the language and the behavior PG!"

Then I stared them down...just to make my point. I mean REALLY.

This is where things took a turn.

One of the boys actually said "EFF YOU"...but he didn't say EFF...he actually said it.

Yeah...not so much a good choice. Cuz Jay doesn't take very kindly to curse words being hurled at his wife...in the presence of his children.

And it appears that lots of other folks don't take very kindly to it either...Jay took this enormous super human step and was rather suddenly in front of me, inches from the face of that young man and he was saying

"WHAT did you just say to my wife?!"

At the same time a bunch of other fathers in line were pretty much doing the same thing. A rather large and muscle bound looking man was taking on the father and asking where he got off letting his boys talk to women that way? I believe it went like this:

"Y'all been standing here being nasty for the last 20 minutes and no one said a thing, but you start cursing out women, boy you gonna have a problem!"

(I had sneaking suspicion this man was from Texas! YEE-haw!!! )

All this happened in a three second time span.

The father actually managed to look slightly shamefaced and huffy at the same time. The boys had had the sense to shut their mouths. The father announced that they didn't "need this !@#$ from a bunch of self righteous killjoys"...and they left the line...to applause...:cool1:

And THAT is how MissCammie pert near started a riot at Disneyworld.

I actually felt a little bit bad. Mostly for the kids. All the kids in line. They were here to have a good time with their families and suddenly there is cursing followed by raised voices. It sort of threw everybody off a bit. I wasn't sorry that I said something though.

Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy, but so many things are just ignored in today's world...like foul language from children, and disrespect towards adults...which is why it continues to happen..b/c nobody says ENOUGH. There have been lots of times Sally and Teddy are witness to inappropriate behavior and/or bad language...and we exercise our right to move to another location and make better choices for ourselves...being as we ARE self righteous killjoys and all...:rolleyes: But this was all together different to me. I feel like people have a right to come to a place like Disney and be protected from those kinds of things. I do not want Sally and Teddy to find foul language to be a common thing they "get used to". Most certainly not while we are at Disney. More than that...Sally was expecting me to do my "thing". She needs me to be consistent with what I tell her. I could not stand there with her and allow that kind of language to enter her mind and not say something. Sally has witnessed her father and me work with difficult kids before. She is comforted by the fact that Jay and I do not budge on matters of appropriate behavior and language. It would have been more distressing to Sally had I done nothing. She knows I'm bossy. So I gotta follow through!

*AHEM*

Once it was all over, Sally actually recovered quickly. She had a very justified look on her face and announced "THOSE boys make the Baby Jesus CRY they are SO BAD!"

:lmao:

good Catholic is Sally.

I am glad to report that after the near riot, the rest of the line waiting was peaceful. Jay and the man that had spoken to the father shook hands and laughed a bit...you know how men do when they get all het up and self righteous...while they prepare to kill some joy...

:rotfl:

The woman behind me said that I took the words right out of her mouth! It turns out she was a teacher and we talked about our jobs and such. Sally and the woman's little girl talked about Webkinz and princesses. Teddy was still singing Beatles tunes...Pleasantries were just flying around as the Disney Magic went to work, erasing the ugly scene and replacing it with friendship and goodwill...

:flower3:

FINALLY we got out of the heat!!!The inside of the queue is really neat. And it's much cooler. So we were happy!

This is my attempt to capture the large amount of people in line...I did not do a very good job...but i tried...
100_1230.jpg

When it was FINALLY our turn,we were ready to be WOWED!!! Sally and I bid good-bye to our new friends and we hopped into a shell, followed by Jay and Teddy...and off we went!!

I'm sorry to say we thought it was just okay.

It looked neat...and it was a great concept...the kids liked it...but it was lacking something...or perhaps I was still so wound up from my fight for truth, justice and the American Way, that i needed some hills and loops and upside-downing...or something...:upsidedow

here's some pictures!
100_1233.jpg

I liked the Jellyfish part!
100_1235.jpg

Teddy REALLY liked the sharks!
100_1237.jpg

Once we hopped off our shell we headed for the MAIN attraction!!! The Manatees!!!

This was my "back-up" picture...cuz all the live pics turned out blurry...b/c a photographer I am NOT!!
100_1252.jpg

This was my only non blurry picture...
100_1260.jpg

The Manatees did not disappoint! They soared through the water, right up next to the glass. They used their front flippers to propel them forward, which Teddy thought was "AWESOME"! He plastered himself against the glass and exclaimed over seeing their WHISKERS!! He gave me a look of pure joy and told me how much he LOVED Apricot!!!

Then the child goes and busts out with "Sailors used to think that Manatees were mermaids...and Manatees are related to elephants and aardvarks...not cows...even though some people call them sea cows because of the way they graze..."

:teacher:

Jay threw me an eyebrow to further justify the cost of private nursery school.

:rolleyes:

Sally was VERY concerned about the manatee with the "hurt tail". She wanted to know how it's tail got hurt. I told her that that someone had been driving their boat too fast in shallow water and they had run into the manatee.

Sally then wanted to know if the driver KNEW that there were Manatees in shallow water. I told her I was pretty sure everyone in Florida with a boat knows about Manatees and the laws against driving too fast in the shallow water.

She looked at me and said:

"MissCammie...if people KNOW they could hurt a manatee by driving too quickly in shallow water...then WHY do they do it? Why don't they just WAIT to drive fast until they get out where it's safe? Where are they even GOING? Because I don't think that hurting a manatee is even worth going a teensy bit fast. I hope they feel bad and got ARRESTED!"

Wow...sure does seem that Sally is going to join the KILLJOY society!!! GOOD GIRL!!!

After seeing the darling manatees, we let the kids run from here to there, looking inside the different tanks. They had a good time.

Sally spotted a hidden mickey in the Dolphin tank!! She thought that was pretty cool. Both kids were Hidden Mickey CRAZY after I had mentioned it once after we arrived. It was something like,

Me:Oh look, there's a hidden mickey!

Sally: A WHAT?! What is a hidden Mickey?!

Me: It's a mickey head shape that is hidden in things...not everybody sees them...only people with Eagle eyes...y'know...and people who are REALLY into Disney...which is why I see them all the time...

Sally:MISSCAMMIE!!! How could you not tell me about this sooner?! I could have been LOOKING!!! I could have found a whole bunch by now!

Then she slapped me around a little for being so thoughtless...and for being a killjoy...

*ahem*

not really...but she loves to hunt for things as y'all know...and I'm sure I had mentioned them before we got to Disney, but it wasn't until I pointed one out once we arrived that it really hit home...

Sally thought it was cool to find a hidden mickey under water!! Her triumphant screech made that very clear!!!

Teddy was pretty funny about it. He'd point to a bench and announce he'd found a hidden mickey!!! Which he had not. This annoyed Sally to death. She'd give him her most withering look and explain, once again...the rules of hidden mickeys...according to Sally!

Teddy didn't care though. He just had fun with it.

anyhow...back to the Living Seas!

Both kids really enjoyed the interactive exhibits. They are very computer savvy little munchkins. This was right up their alley! Anything Teddy can touch and ask questions about is a thumbs up for him! I was also really glad that the earlier unpleasantness hadn't put a damper on their moods.

There were just so many things to see!!!

NEMO FISH!!!
100_1266.jpg

Teddy loves clown fish...I could tell how very much Sally wanted to point out how OBVIOUS that relationship was...but I think she decided against it as she'd seen me do battle with people being ugly already today and didn't want to push her luck! Teddy casually commented that "Nemo fish and sea anemones have a symbiotic relationship..."

I'm not kidding. That is what the child said. No joke.

Sally had an alarming moment when she thought she saw a "DEAD sea horse!!!"

100_1272.jpg

I told Sally that Seahorses actually rest that way and he was merely taking a nap...from which he would wake shortly...

It's so great that the kids pretty much believe everything I say!

Overall, we had a fabulous visit to the Living Seas...aside from the near riot...we decided to come back to talk to Crush later as the line was just too long and MissCammie was hurtin for a diet Coke somthing FIERCE!

Up next:Perfume Ninjas and Margaritas before NOON!!!

First! Yay!

:D

Oh Miss Cammie, how can people think it's okay to be as FOUL as those nasty boys in line were? What has happened to manners and common decency in public??? Good for you speaking up. It's so hard when you're trying to teach little ones that those kinds of things are NOT okay!

Hello...I have never posted on your thread before, but I've been lurking and reading for quite a while. This last installment of yours has compelled me to write...

I am a single mom to an almost 5 year old boy, and I am trying very hard to raise him to have good manners and correct behavior...things like asking to be excused at the dinner table, not using inappropriate language, treating people respectfully, etc. A few weeks ago while leaving the mall, he ran ahead of me (and I almost yelled, I thought he was running away) just to hold the door open for an older lady with her arms full of packages because (according to him) "that's what nice boys do." Something must be working, eh?

It's nice to know that there are others out there who feel the same way about things like this--so a big loud THANK YOU for fighting that good fight and keeping the world a civil place. :thumbsup2

Yay! Thanks for the great update!

And thanks for speaking up in line....we had a simular experience but it was parenting "issues" not language and I didn't speak up and now wished I had. Though in my case I didn't have hubby there to back me up. Amazing to think that for that family that behaviour is probably not as bad as it gets!

I was cringing too when you said the line didn't look bad but that you were OUTSIDE :scared1: . I kept saying "No Miss Cammie!! There's a whole mile of wait once you're inside there!"

And you're right....it's just okay....but didn't you love the starfish at the end? My kids dragged me on three times and she had something different to say each time. :)

WELL DONE:thumbsup2 to the Manners Police...I'm a bit of a Sally when it comes to this sort of thing and think people who behave as badly as that NEED TO BE TOLD:furious:

Wonderful Update! I wish I had your guts....I'm the type of person that usually puts up with too much, and then regrets not saying anything later. Maybe if I'm in a situation like that I will look to you and Sally for guidance. Stand up for what is right and what you believe in! I am so enjoying this TR! :goodvibes

Yay :cool1: More TR:cheer2: After reading of the taming of the Nemo Line, I do believe Disney should hire MissCammie (and Sally) to enforce the rules during next years Pop Warner Superbowl:lmao: :lmao: Seriously great job and example for the rest of us. Being six foot tall and 220 lbs and from Texas not many people get out of line when I am there:confused3 if they only knew what a teddy bear I really am..:laughing: Way to go Jay :thumbsup2 Look forward to hearring more

Good for you Miss Cammie! I can't believe that people would actually let their children behave like that anywhere never mind in public. Boy's are naturally facinated with noises that come from the body but saying something like that to you, that's just crazy. If either of my children ever said anything like that to an adult...well I can't go further...the authorties would be called! I'm really enjoying your report!

Miss Cammie, the world needs more of that. If folks did not get away with small acts of rudeness they would not be as likely to escalate to such heights of sins of omission, commission and emission.

I hope that the 'father' in question lost some of the respect of his sons and they do not follow in his footsteps.

Hooray for the gentlemen who stepped in and defended the honor as well as olfactory organs of their damsels in distress.

I love the Nemo ride and area as well. The people who do the Turtle Talk are very talented folks. It takes talent to come up with all those 'off the cuff/wall' remarks that delight the children as well as the grownups.

Great report! Great family!!

Slightly Goofy

Slightly Goofy

I loved this update! I definitely agree with you that folks need to stand up to rude behavior in a polite, yet assertive way. It does no good to just complain about the behavior after the effect and it sets the stage for children to also respond appropriately in future confrontations. While you may be concerned about the children and/or adults being uncomfortable, think of the example it sets for appropriate conflict resolution. There was no physical violence and adults dealt with the issue in an adult way. (Sure, it got darned close to physical violence but no one stepped over that boundary.)

I had to confront some rude behavior in MK a few times. Typically it was just folks who wanted their kid to have the best view without thinking of the others who might have been waiting longer for that view and were behind them. I had a few conversations myself but stayed calm and polite while assertively pressing my point. Others around me complained and beat around the bush, so to speak, but didn't want to actually handle the issue. Maybe it's because I'm pretty tall for a female, maybe it's because my father always told me to never back down, or maybe it's my second grade teacher telling me that 'doing what's right is rarely easy'. Beats me.

Thankfully, I still believe that deep down most people are good. When they're confronted about rude behavior, they'll often adjust or adapt as long as you remain polite while doing so. Of course, there are always the few cases when they don't and I'm glad that you were backed up by the crowd around you.

I have been loving your TR for months but this is my first post! Please keep writing - I love reading every installment and hope that things are well for all of you.

I just wanted to comment that I am so glad that there are others out there like me who speak up for themselves. My husband used to die of embarrassment when I did this but we have been together for almost 10 years now and he has started doing it too! I am always polite and firm but will not tolerate bad service or behavior that is inappropriate especially in front of or that could harm my child. I was just telling a co-worker this morning that I had to correct some older kids at the Y kiddie pool over the weekend who were roughhousing around much younger children with no parents in sight and two teenage lifeguards who didn't say a word. I try to stay uninvolved in parenting other people's children but if they won't do it then sometimes I have to!

So good for you Miss Cammie and Sally! I can't wait to read more!

great installment. a big thanks goes out to you for standing up to those rude and disrespectful people! thank goodness there were others to back ya'll up and that this guy wasn't crazy enough to start swinging or anything! we need more people like you at disney and less of the people who truly kill the joy!! can't wait to read more!!

Would you be at all surprised to know that I have, in fact, kissed The Blarney Stone? I was in college...and a girl really has to commit to getting to that stone just to give it a smooch...it's a lay on your back and hang over a ledge type of deal! I think about it now and marvel at the strength of my immune system...cuz ick...slimy rock that probably 84,000 other people have kissed...

I too have kissed the Blarney Stone....I won't tell you what the locals do to it. Gives potty humor a whole new meaning ;)

I too have kissed the Blarney Stone....I won't tell you what the locals do to it. Gives potty humor a whole new meaning ;)

Oh I know what the locals do to it. I have quite a bit of family living in Ireland. They regaled me with the most revolting stories they could come up with.

mean mean cousins have I!

;) but I'd had some liquid encouragement...so my germ phobia was rendered temporarily out of service.

I DID wipe the rock down with Purell before I smooched it, which is difficult to do when one is hanging upside down...not that that helped in anyway...but I tried!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter