• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A cruise, a birthday, and a little bit of Disney World...April 20-26th..UPDATED 5/17

Wow an update, guess I have to give you a cupcake now lol

Looked like a gorgeous day too Jamie. Dang I cant wait to go, now im
drolling lol

Wow an update, guess I have to give you a cupcake now lol

Looked like a gorgeous day too Jamie. Dang I cant wait to go, now im
drolling lol

ROFL...hand over the cupcake :hug: :woohoo:

It was quite a nice day! I'm so excited for you to go on your trip, you guys are going to have so much fun!

Hey momto2inKC,

Either we were following you or you were following us....

We were at DTD on the night of April 20th. We had dinner at the T-Rex restaurant to celebrate my son's 10th bday ...the line to get in was big, but we had a reservation so we didn't have to wait in the line.

Then on April 21st, we went to BB - my son did that 'hang on the rope until it hits the stopper-thingy really hard' ride too. We got some nice photopass pics of him doing that. I love BB...it was a really nice day there. Then we went back to our resort, the YC, and went across the lake to hang out at the boardwalk.

Hey momto2inKC,

Either we were following you or you were following us....

We were at DTD on the night of April 20th. We had dinner at the T-Rex restaurant to celebrate my son's 10th bday ...the line to get in was big, but we had a reservation so we didn't have to wait in the line.

Then on April 21st, we went to BB - my son did that 'hang on the rope until it hits the stopper-thingy really hard' ride too. We got some nice photopass pics of him doing that. I love BB...it was a really nice day there. Then we went back to our resort, the YC, and went across the lake to hang out at the boardwalk.

Hey, what a coincidence! Okay, so we spent the next day at Magic Kingdom....did you all too? :rotfl: Thanks for reading!!

What is all over at the Boardwalk? I know Beaches and Cream is there. Been wanting to go there, but haven't made it on our two trips. We're heading down for a cruise in July and have a free night. Might go to the Boardwalk instead of DTD, if there is stuff that interests us.

Anyone know if you can park at the resort, even though you are not staying on property? Does Beaches and Cream take ressies?

What is all over at the Boardwalk? I know Beaches and Cream is there. Been wanting to go there, but haven't made it on our two trips. We're heading down for a cruise in July and have a free night. Might go to the Boardwalk instead of DTD, if there is stuff that interests us.

Anyone know if you can park at the resort, even though you are not staying on property? Does Beaches and Cream take ressies?

I'm not even sure what all is there, we mostly just walked around. I do remember seeing an arcade, and then there are several restaurants/sports bars. From what I hear the entertainment varies, just depends on who's out there when you go. They do have those big bikes that hold the whole family you can rent and ride around.
The last I heard, no ADR's are taken for Beaches and Cream.
As far as parking, we just parked in self parking. I told the attendant at the gate that we were there to look around, he told us come on in :goodvibes

O.K Momto2inKC i'm over here having trip report withdrawl. i'm so happy that you are able to go to disneyworld as well as cruise. We only live 9 hours from Disney and it takes an act of congress to get my DH to drives us more than once a year. And get this he's a truck driver (owner operator) so it's not like he don't drive 7-8 hours straight anyway. o.k rant over LOL LOL

Seriously i'm glad you all had a great time. and happy you made it home safe. Now if I can only get up the nerve to go buy a gps, gas up the mini van and take the kids myself for a quick get-a-way

Meredith
SAHM of 3

O.K Momto2inKC i'm over here having trip report withdrawl. i'm so happy that you are able to go to disneyworld as well as cruise. We only live 9 hours from Disney and it takes an act of congress to get my DH to drives us more than once a year. And get this he's a truck driver (owner operator) so it's not like he don't drive 7-8 hours straight anyway. o.k rant over LOL LOL

Seriously i'm glad you all had a great time. and happy you made it home safe. Now if I can only get up the nerve to go buy a gps, gas up the mini van and take the kids myself for a quick get-a-way

Meredith
SAHM of 3

It's not to bad at all without him. It's more stressful when there's 2 adults for some reason LOL I went a couple of years ago to Disney World with the kids for 11 days, it was so nice!!!
I say go for it! :cool1:

I soooooooo enjoy my trips without my husband LOL He isn't into Disney like me, so it's more stessful when he goes. I went a couple of years ago to Disney World with the kids for 11 days, it was so nice!!!
I say go for it! :cool1:

Thanks for giving me hope. I think I will go for it. i'll start looking for the perfect GPS and if that fails i'll look into a nice cheap flight that way I won't have to worry about tranportation.

hey everyone.. just wanted to post a note that it'll be awhile before I can add anymore to the trip report. My laptop is broken and all my trip pics are on it.

Nope, we went to Epcot on Wed, the 22nd and AK on the Thursday.

I really want to do a cruise on our next vacation so I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your trip report. Hope your laptop gets better quickly!

Hey, what a coincidence! Okay, so we spent the next day at Magic Kingdom....did you all too? :rotfl: Thanks for reading!!

Jamie will you be able to get the pictures out of the broken lap top.. :eek:

love the report.. need more.. need lots more.... popcorn::

Nope, we went to Epcot on Wed, the 22nd and AK on the Thursday.

I really want to do a cruise on our next vacation so I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your trip report. Hope your laptop gets better quickly!

Thanks! Hopefully it won't be too long before it's fixed!

Jamie will you be able to get the pictures out of the broken lap top.. :eek:

love the report.. need more.. need lots more.... popcorn::

Yes, pics will be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter