• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple TSMM questions

maddiebee

DIS Veteran
We don't have any early mornings planed at HS for our trip in August (second to last week) and where we've never done TSMM, I'd like to at least go on it once.
-Do fp last a little later in the day in August? What is a safe time to assume they'll be gone by?
-Is the queue inside and interactive? If we have to wait how miserable would it be?
-If we pull FP at like noon and its for much later (7? 8?), we can pull other FP until an hour or two before, right?
-IS ALL THE HYPE REEEAL?!

Thanks!!

Right now (7/23/2013, 10:05 AM ET), the MDE app is reporting the TSMM wait time as 65 minutes, FP return time 2:50 - 3:50.

It's such a fun ride! That and star tours were probably my family's favorites. The did a fast pass at rope drop, I think our time was about two hours later. S I did not stand in a long line but when you go in its fun, everything is huge..you are toy sized and there are vintage games and toys all around, like tinker toys,etc. that said once you go in and see everything not sure it is that exciting for kids? Maybe they have activities while you wait as well, I don't know. It was a nicely themed experience though and a fn game. Actually when we got home I bought the game for the wii and we love playing it!

The ride is fast but I think longer than the buzz game/ ride in tomorrow land. You pay quite a few screens, if you have more than 2-3 people you wi
L be on opposite sides of the car, I am sure YouTube has videos. I was on one side with my daughter, my husband on the other with our son it was fun to compete. I don't THINK 3-4 people could fit on the same side...anyhow have a great time!!!

Ps when we were there last October the fast passes were gone by noon, not sure this is typical but everyone after that point had to wait in the line for about an hour, that we priced when walking by it...

Based on July anytime after 1 it would be very unlikely to get a fastpass for TSMM we had HS down for two of our afternoons and they were well gone.

Queue is well themed and there is certainly lots to look at can't say i'd want to spend a long time in there though.

It's a really good ride and I enjoyed it, it's a lot of fun.

Just a quick side note if you are resort guests and plan on staying for the evening EMH the queue time tnends to be shorter around 10.30pm the boards will still have a long wait posted but ask the castmember we queued for 25 minutes around this time (instead of the 80 posted).

We don't have any early mornings planed at HS for our trip in August (second to last week) and where we've never done TSMM, I'd like to at least go on it once.
-Do fp last a little later in the day in August? What is a safe time to assume they'll be gone by?
-Is the queue inside and interactive? If we have to wait how miserable would it be?
-If we pull FP at like noon and its for much later (7? 8?), we can pull other FP until an hour or two before, right?
-IS ALL THE HYPE REEEAL?!

Thanks!!

In regards to time the fast passes will be gone, it really depends on if there are extra magic hours. I would say noon is safe to pull a FP, but a night return time is very likely.

The queue is designed as if you're in Andy's room and the size of a toy, so lots of details, but no interactive features.

The ride is great, but I would definitely say FP is the way to go. The ride will have a hour wait minimum throughout the day in August, so unless you go at the end of the day, the only way to avoid a long wait is a FP.

Normally Fastpasses run out at around 11 or 12, so I recommend getting one around 10:30 for a decent time

As to when you can pull another FP, it should be two hours AFTER you pull the TSM FP or when you're window opens....whichever comes first.

The queue is cute but it's not an interactive queue, at least as far as I could tell. We rode first thing at RD with a 10 min wait and did FPs about an hour later. According to easywdw.com/waits, it's 11:07 as I write this and FP return time is 6-7 pm. If you got FPs now, you could pull FPs for another ride in 2 hours.

Our family liked it, and it was fun, but I don't think it was worth a long wait. Personally, I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it in standby. Other people really, really love it and it's all a matter of personal opinion, so you'll have to see for yourself.

I've been watching the Lines app quite a bit (after making ADRs I freaked that we wouldn't make it to DHS in time to get TSMM FPs and ride standby, and changed park days and ADRs) and the FP's have always been gone by 1 and usually between 11 and 12.

IMO, the hype is true, my trip won't be complete without 2 rides on it but DHS isn't our fav park and we definitely cannot do more than 1 day there.

We visited last year at the end of August. We arrived at DHS around dinnertime our first night. On our way into the park, there was a family leaving who offered us their FP for TSMM. They had pulled the FPs at around 11:00 and the return time was something like 7:30-8:00. Their child had had enough and they were headed out of the park. So I say, pull TSMM FP the sooner the better.

I'd expect FPs to be gone by around Noon (or maybe a little later), with evening return times being available late morning.

The queue is inside. I wouldn't really consider it interactive, but there are interesting things to look at. Lots of oversized toys and games, many of which are a walk down memory lane for adults (barrel of monkeys, lincoln logs, etc.). There is also an "interactive" Mr. Potato Head at one end of the line that talks and stuff; at times it will ask the folks in the crowd to sing or yell something out.

Yes, if you pull FPs that are a long ways out, you can get another FP after 2 hours have passed.

I would say the hype is real. This is a great ride. That said, there is no way I would wait 60 minutes or more for it. I tend to hit it first thing, last thing during PM EMH, or by using FP.

One trip we got there just before 11 am and they ran out of FP's when I was in line. It was mid august during free dining a few years ago. So I'd get there as soon as possible if this is a must do for you.

As far as the hype... it's a fun ride. I don't know that it's worth an hour wait in the standby line though. We actually like Buzz Lightyear over at MK better.

Potato head is technically a CM-operated, interactive animatronic. I've never seen him at WDW (only used a fastpass last time we went), but at DL, I've seen him talk with people. Using cameras and microphones, the CM will have him say something like "Hey you in the green hat" or "you in the blue shirt" for example. He'll ask you what your favorite Toy Story character is and things like that. There's a limited number of things that the CM can make him say, but it is definitely interactive if/when there's a CM operating him.

That being said, there's also an "automated" mode where he doesn't point out specific people or anything like that. I'm just going to guess that both DL and WDW rarely (if ever) have him in CM-operated mode any more these days.

But perhaps someone else can clarify if they do. (I'm not even sure the WDW version ever had CM-controlled capability).

Also there are hidden secrets during the ride itself. If two people in the vehicle work together, you can trigger special in-game events and effects to happen with bonus targets. You can look these up if you're really into triggering the special bonuses. Sometimes it's more fun to try and trigger the bonus than to try for the highest score.

Also there are hidden secrets during the ride itself. If two people in the vehicle work together, you can trigger special in-game events and effects to happen with bonus targets. You can look these up if you're really into triggering the special bonuses. Sometimes it's more fun to try and trigger the bonus than to try for the highest score.

Cool! I love the idea of that.
We have HS planned for our arrival day and I don't think we'll get to the park before noon. My fingers are crossed that we can still manage to grab a FP. Ill probably be glued to my phone as we arrive and check in to see :rolleyes2 if we'll actually make it! Otherwise, I don't think we'll have any interest in waiting in line that long for it.

I am going the third we in August and got an offer to test the new FP+. I was able to pick a FP for around noon-1pm eliminating a rush in the park for us in the morning. I have also heard that later in the evening the queue is lighter if you need to do Standby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter