• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple of questions, if you don't mind!

Kimberle

WL Vet
I'm new to the Universal brds, so forgive me if these have been "asked to death"! ;)

After 4 straight years of staying on site at WDW, we're thinking of doing US this year, specifically, the Royal Pacific. There's 3, myself, dh & 6 yo dd.

Does US or IOA have any type of night parade, fireworks ect. similar to Wishes, Illuminations, etc? We've always done these parks as "day" trips, so we're not familiar with nighttime.

Next, I was looking through there packages, and saw they have shuttles from the resorts to Sea World & Wet & Wild. Any feedback on these? Are they free? How often do they run? We generally start out together, then dh likes to head back while dd & I "play". ;) It would be awsome if they had multiple shuttles for this. (Which is why we like WDW so much, it's so easy to come & go.)

Thanks!

There are fireworks and such depending on when you go.
There are courtesy shuttles to and from Sea World and Wet & Wild but they only run a few times each day. Sea World and Wet & Wild are not part of the Universal Complex.

Water taxis from the hotels to Universal and IOA run continually but it is just as easy to walk. That is one thing that is better about Universal and IOA; they are within easy walking distance from all the resorts.

good choice with the Royal Pacific Hotel!! to me, it is the best out of the three hotels. i know that u didnt ask anything about that but i just had to tell u. the fireworks at night are great, especially if u do what i do: grab a margarita from Margaritaville and sit on the grassy little hill in citywalk and watch the show from there. it is great and the whole park looks awesome with the lights on all the rides lit up, until the fireworks begin. be sure not to miss it!!

The fireworks generally start July4th and run through the middle of August. I read on these boards that they are having them now for the holiday week.
It can't get any easier than going back and forth to the parks from the Royal Pacific. Just walk!! The free shuttles to Wet N Wild and Sea World run at different times depending on the time of the year. They do not run all that frequently.

First I'd like to say that I always go to both, WDW and USO, usually 5 to WDW and 3 to USO. I've stayed at RPR and it is a wonderful hotel and FOTL is worth every bit of it. That being said, the fireworks are just OK (IMHO) but they are nowhere near Wishes or Illuminations. The shuttles to SW/WnW are free but are very few. They run 5 times a day, that's it (if I find my schedule from last year, I'll post it). But it is easy enough to get a cab. We did this last time and it was something like $10 (there was 8 of us in a tax van). Hope you have a wonderful time. :cool1:

Hey...

GOOD choice staying on site - as with the Universal hotels (Hard Rock, Portofino and Royal Pacific) your room key acts as a Front of the Line Pass! When the lines are long it is worth it's weight in gold!

Holly

Universal doesn't specialize in fireworks or parades. Although their 4th of July fireworks are the best. They only do parades during their three special events: Mardi Gras, HHN, and the Macy's Christmas Parade. They're pretty good though, minus the noisy tractors.

:wave: Thank you all!

I had suspected US had little in the way of night time entertainment. I wonder why they don't develope it more. It is such a great way for WDW to keep people on-site.

I guess because the hotels are all on-site there really isn't much of a need for night-time entertainment in the parks. Citywalk is smack dab in the middle of the hotels and parks and provides a lot of night-time entertainment.

It's because Universal is next to a large residential area made up of people who complained a lot. I live next to SeaWorld and have to hear their fireworks every night. Apparently no one in this area has complained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter