A Couple of Princess Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mommy2Emmy, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

We will be on the Magic in January! My DD is obsessed with the new movie, Brave, and I'm assuming Merida will not be making an appearance on the ship, but I was wondering how long it usually take for new character to be on the ships or parks (going to WDW in May!)
    Also, she will want to wear her princess dresses to dinner, is this acceptable on all nights, including formal night? She's 4!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Yes, she can wear her princess dresses any nights she wants. She's a princess, after all!

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Sorry, don't know about the length before she appears in the parks or onboard (if, indeed, she will).

Little girls wear princess dresses to the dining room every night. I've also seen them around the ship during the daytime. Perfectly acceptable.

:cutie:

5. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Merida is in the parks now. Not on the ship and probably wont be.

6. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

You know it! She wears those dresses more than regular clothes!

7. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

Great! Saves me from buying her a new formal dress! Thanks!

8. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

At least, DD will be able to see her in May! Thanks for the info!

9. Golden Rose

Golden Rose Princess by Choice

We were on the Magic last week, and the princesses onboard were Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Tiana, and Belle. Ariel was onstage, but not walking (or swimming ;) ) around. Alice was also present at the Tea with Alice, but I don't recall seeing her any other time.

Merida is already in the parks. I believe she started showing up at the same time Brave was released, or even slightly before.

Princess dresses are acceptable attire at all times. Besides, you never know when you'll run into a princess!

10. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

There is a lot of Brave stuff to buy in the stores, but no Merida. My daughter is also obsessed - but she's 16!

Nancy

11. codex57

codex57 Earning My Ears

Awww, Disney is loved by all ages. 16 is nothing.

And yeah, I think Merida was in the parks right around or just before the movie came out. Disney knows how to market. They built a whole section in Disneyland just for her. I mean, it's not much more than a long stage for meet and greets, but it was still something that needed advanced planning to do.