A Couple of Princess Questions

Mommy2Emmy

Mouseketeer
We will be on the Magic in January! My DD is obsessed with the new movie, Brave, and I'm assuming Merida will not be making an appearance on the ship, but I was wondering how long it usually take for new character to be on the ships or parks (going to WDW in May!)
Also, she will want to wear her princess dresses to dinner, is this acceptable on all nights, including formal night? She's 4!

We will be on the Magic in January! My DD is obsessed with the new movie, Brave, and I'm assuming Merida will not be making an appearance on the ship, but I was wondering how long it usually take for new character to be on the ships or parks (going to WDW in May!)
Also, she will want to wear her princess dresses to dinner, is this acceptable on all nights, including formal night? She's 4!

Yes, she can wear her princess dresses any nights she wants. She's a princess, after all!

Sorry, don't know about the length before she appears in the parks or onboard (if, indeed, she will).

Little girls wear princess dresses to the dining room every night. I've also seen them around the ship during the daytime. Perfectly acceptable.

:cutie:

jdb in AZ said:
Yes, she can wear her princess dresses any nights she wants. She's a princess, after all!

You know it! She wears those dresses more than regular clothes!

PrincessShmoo said:
Sorry, don't know about the length before she appears in the parks or onboard (if, indeed, she will).

Little girls wear princess dresses to the dining room every night. I've also seen them around the ship during the daytime. Perfectly acceptable.

:cutie:

Great! Saves me from buying her a new formal dress! Thanks!

We were on the Magic last week, and the princesses onboard were Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Tiana, and Belle. Ariel was onstage, but not walking (or swimming ;) ) around. Alice was also present at the Tea with Alice, but I don't recall seeing her any other time.

Merida is already in the parks. I believe she started showing up at the same time Brave was released, or even slightly before.

Princess dresses are acceptable attire at all times. Besides, you never know when you'll run into a princess!

There is a lot of Brave stuff to buy in the stores, but no Merida. My daughter is also obsessed - but she's 16!

Nancy

Awww, Disney is loved by all ages. 16 is nothing.

And yeah, I think Merida was in the parks right around or just before the movie came out. Disney knows how to market. They built a whole section in Disneyland just for her. I mean, it's not much more than a long stage for meet and greets, but it was still something that needed advanced planning to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter