A Couple of Pictures from 1979

des1954

DIS Veteran
My DH was digging thru some pictures and came across these...

Site 915 in 1979

Site9151979.jpg

Meadow Trading Post in 1979

EarlyMeadows.jpg

Meadow1979.jpg

A Picture from Jellystone Campground in 1978

JellystoneCampground1979.jpg

Hey Debbie, thanks so much for sharing. I hope you don't mind but I thought I could clean up the color a bit. And the two of the Meadows, they form a panorama, so I stitched them together (sorry for the WIDE picture). Here are the retouched versions:

Site9151979.jpg

1979_Meadows.jpg

JellystoneCampground1979.jpg

IIRC that's the only RV you ever drove any distance in.

Or was that the next one? I can't keep track of your RVs

WOW! Great pictures!
Shan - Man great job. You took off 20 years!;)

note all the crapiola that donnie dropped on the ground.

If you look closely at site 915, you'll notice how the site was carved out of the woods, and that the pad is ashphalt and the overall site was quite small. Our MH was a 17.5' Class C - which IIRC, Class C's back then only went up to 23'. Notice the site marker is on the right side & set way back. Now they are on the left side & moved closer to the road. If you look real close at the picture of Meadow Trading, you can see the train track & in the left background, the movie theater.

Those restorations are amazing. Did you use photoshop?

Yes, but it can be done in most any photo editing program: Photoshop Elements, Paintshop, JASC, Gimp.

Debbie, if you'd like to have me correct your hi-rez versions of these pics I'd be glad to, just PM me.

can you retouch me and make me look 21 again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter