A couple of more questions

NemoMOm

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my previous posts and offering referrals. You guys are the best! And I am trying to send everyone a personal thank you pm. DH now understands why I love you all.
:love:
Okay, so I have some more questions:

Does my UY really matter? We will not travel during peak times. DH is not so good w/major crowds(try grumpy:) ) and we a little one. We like to visit Jan,Feb,April, Sept, and Oct.

Also we really want to be able to stay at the AKV and will probaly buy add on from there later. My question is if I own SSR now will it be impossible to stay at AKV? Most posts I've read have indicated that it is difficult to get ressies w/ only 7 mos ahead of time. Is this true?

One more, sorry guys. I've read that you will work with one guide, but you make ressies at something called CRO and MS. How does this all work?

Again, Thank You Everyone. You are so awesome and I am so excited:cloud9:

UY doesn't really matter as long as you plan. The only time that it can rear its ugly head is if you have a trip booked beyond your banking deadline and have to cancel for some reason. Other than that with proper planning UY is a non issue for us.
Brownie

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my previous posts and offering referrals. You guys are the best! And I am trying to send everyone a personal thank you pm. DH now understands why I love you all.
:love:
Okay, so I have some more questions:

Does my UY really matter? We will not travel during peak times. DH is not so good w/major crowds(try grumpy:) ) and we a little one. We like to visit Jan,Feb,April, Sept, and Oct.

Also we really want to be able to stay at the AKV and will probaly buy add on from there later. My question is if I own SSR now will it be impossible to stay at AKV? Most posts I've read have indicated that it is difficult to get ressies w/ only 7 mos ahead of time. Is this true?

One more, sorry guys. I've read that you will work with one guide, but you make ressies at something called CRO and MS. How does this all work?

Again, Thank You Everyone. You are so awesome and I am so excited:cloud9:

Your Use Year matters only in terms of when you receive your new points each year and when you can bank them into the next year if you need to. My Use Year is March, which works well for me, because we travel during Spring Break and summer most often. If we don't go to WDW during that time period one year, I could bank all of those points (ie "save" them for the next year) by August 31. After August 31, I could only bank 50% of the points, so it might be harder for me to use them up.

Nobody really knows how hard or easy it will be to get into a resort at 7 months, but most people think your chances are very good if you call at exactly the 7 month point and don't mind putting yourself on a waiting list. For the times you travel, I would think you would be fine. Also, the relatively large size of the new VAKL means there should be good availability even to non-owners.

Your guide will help you through your purchase, but after you are a member you will deal with Member Services exclusively. If you need to make a reservation outside of DVC, you could possibly still deal with CRO (Central Reservation Office).

Hope that helps!!

Thank you so much! This is so helpful. Wish I had y'all aound when I bought my first house.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter