a couple Garden Grill questions

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
my travel companions are plain eaters- very meat and potato & nothing too fancy. I looked at the Garden Grill menu - seems like things are rather sauce-ish.

Can we get the flank steak without mushrooms and make requests to try to keep things "plain" or is everything preplated and ready to serve?

and what characters are there - is it mickey, chip and dale, goofy? Can't keep it all straight!

Don't remember lots of suace on anything. Cat fish is breaded, and turkey and steak were juicy, but not sauced. But you know how they change everything!

Have the salad - the dressing is awesome, and the veggies - some - come from the Land pavilion so are very fresh.

Mickey is adorable in his farmer's overall, Pluto is there and Chip and Dale.

I will say the new dessert they have now - used to be a tasty apple cobbler - isn't our favorite. Kind of a puff pastry with berries, but they give you a huge one to share and we had trouble cutting it up to share.

We had lunch there on Saturday before we left. The flank steak has a mushroom gravy - mostly the pieces on the top were covered but each piece did have a bit of gravy on it. The rotisserie chicken was similar to the ones you buy at the grocery store already cooked and the pieces were quartered. The catfish nuggets were breaded and fried. They also had potatoes that reminded me of the ones they used to have at 'Ohana :sad1:. On the plate with the catfish they had green beans in a butter sauce. They also had a basket with warm buttermilk biscuits and cornbread. The dessert was pastry with sliced strawberries, shaved chocolate and whipped cream. This also came out on a large plate for all to share. My DD had the build your own cupcake.

The characters there were Mickey, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. We all thought the food was good.

Enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

When we were there a little over a year ago, we asked for the sauces on the side, which was not a problem at all.

We went in 2006 and my family (very picky) would not eat at all. I ate some of the steak and green beans, but not much and I will usually eat anyting put in front of me. The steak was just sooo RED! But, a friend of mine went the same week and loved it! If your family is picky though you may want to re-consider going there. It's the only restaurant they said they would not go back to when we return in a few weeks. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter