A comment about moore's bad editing in F 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jason
Yeah I did. Did you?
No, I haven't seen it.

So maybe you can answer the question I posed to those who've seen the movie.

In the scene where Bush is shown talking about terrorists while he's golfing--did you think he was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

Originally posted by kbeverina
No, I haven't seen it.

In the scene where Bush is shown talking about terrorists while he's golfing--did you think he was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

Geez. You're really hung-up on this one clip, huh?

Does it really matter which group of terrorists he was speaking about? Should we have classifications of which terrorists are worse than others? I thought all of this was black and white, anyway? You know, words of wisdom from the great w himself, "you're either with us or you're against us."

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
Geez. You're really hung-up on this one clip, huh?

Does it really matter which group of terrorists he was speaking about? Should we have classifications of which terrorists are worse than others? I thought all of this was black and white, anyway? You know, words of wisdom from the great w himself, "you're either with us or you're against us."
I keep asking because no one will answer.

Maybe you will. When you watched that clip, did you believe Bush was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

You're entitled to your opiniion but, I thought he looked scared & very unsure of himself in the pictures I saw. I too hope that we never have to go through that again.

He's human, he's not a robot. I don't balme him one bit if he looked a little freaked out, frankly I'd be a bit more concerned if he showed NO emotion.

Yes, I really think that maybe, just maybe it possibly could have been avoided. Is it that hard to fathom?

Maybe this, maybe that, we could talk in maybes till we're blue in the face. Yeh maybe the President would've had time to get on his Superman cape and fly over to stop the plane too. I seriously think that quotes like this make your entire opinion seem incredible ridiculous and just a personal attack on Bush. (Miss Jasmine- Bawhaha I just read your superman reference after I typed this out! lol)

The rush of conservatives to make excuses for this president never fails to amaze me

Look down at my signature, I'm not a conservative, sorry.

Maybe you will. When you watched that clip, did you believe Bush was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

Here's what I thought. He was talking about "terrorits." Was he not?

Was he not talking about terrorits, Kbeverina? Was he not?

He said the world should unite against these "terrorits." Now watch this drive!

No, I haven't seen it.

I'll answer that. When this clip was playing, I was thinking,"Why can't the POTUS learn to speak more clearly? He was Ivy League
educated. No one else in his family talks that way; I think he does
it on purpose." really, that's what I was thinking. It didn't make
a bit of difference what "trrrrrrrsts" he was talking about to me.
It was just more of the same arrogance he shows all the time and
I'm sure MM had a hard time deciding which clips he was going to use as there must be loads of them. Before you ask, yes-I hold
W in that much contempt. I'm pretty sure that clip was also one
that made me laugh in horror.

Here's what I thought. He was talking about "terrorits." Was he not?

Was he not talking about terrorits, Kbeverina? Was he not?

He said the world should unite against these "terrorits." Now watch this drive!
I think you're being dishonest in this answer. Are you saying that as you watched it, you did not make the assumption that he was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

I think you're being dishonest in this answer. Are you saying that as you watched it, you did not make the assumption that he was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yikes! You think I'm being dishonest in my answer? Color me so surprised. The fact of the matter is this: you're unhappy with my answer simply because it doesn't fit your agenda. I think you're being dishonest with yourself, my dear Kbeverina.

A terrorist is a terrorist, right? Why don't you answer my question now. w WAS talking about terrorists, was he not? He was SO concerned with other nations about getting onboard to stop terrorism that he took several minutes away from his golf, right?

Move on.

Originally posted by shortbun
I'll answer that. When this clip was playing, I was thinking,"Why can't the POTUS learn to speak more clearly? He was Ivy League
I'm sure MM had a hard time deciding which clips he was going to use as there must be loads of them. Before you ask, yes-I hold

Shortbun, I think you're being dishonest in this answer. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by shortbun
shortbun, this is what you previously said was your reaction to the clip:

It was clear to me that his attitude was one of lightheartedness
and flippancy regarding whatever his topic. Throughout the film,
he displayed a cavalier disregard for serious issues being more
concerned about his "drive" or "swing", "did somebody say nice
shot?" He's just a player.
That's the reaction that is being sought by editing this clip and presenting it in such a way that the viewer assumes Bush is talking about al Qaeda after 9/11.

Local news showed the full version of the clip. Bush is golfing in 2004 and reporters are shouting questions from the sidelines. One of the questions was about the Israeli/Palestinian situation and that clip was part of the response. It's not even that Bush gives that answer--his specific references to Israel are edited out.

Knowing that background information now, do you not think the clip was used in a misleading way?

I will answer. I thought Bush was talking about terrorist and if my facts are correct al Qaeda is a terrorist group.

I will answer. I thought Bush was talking about terrorist and if my facts are correct al Qaeda is a terrorist group.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

Knowing that background information now, do you not think the clip was used in a misleading way?

Yooo hoooo, Kbeverina...

Was w not talking about terrorists?

Nobody knew that morning they were dealing w/911. As a CIC he should have been in immediate contact w/Rumsfeld, our Secretary of Defense, the speaker of the house, the vice-president. It's his job and he simply should have known enough to do something.

Okay, let's go with that. Had Bush done everything you say he should have in those missing 7 minutes, it would have resulted in....what?

Yikes! You think I'm being dishonest in my answer? Color me so surprised. The fact of the matter is this: you're unhappy with my answer simply because it doesn't fit your agenda. I think you're being dishonest with yourself, my dear Kbeverina.
No, I don't think you're being dishonest because I'm unhappy with your answer. You're not really answering. I have a hard time believing that as you watched it, you made no assumptions about the context.

Are you honestly saying that you did not assume that the president was referring to al Qaeda, to terrorism against the US?

A terrorist is a terrorist, right? Why don't you answer my question now. w WAS talking about terrorists, was he not? He was SO concerned with other nations about getting onboard to stop terrorism that he took several minutes away from his golf, right?

Move on.
Yes, terrorist is a terrorist.

But are you really trying to say that it makes no difference that the clip is actually a comment on the Israeli/Palestinian situation in 2004 and not a comment regarding terrorism against the US?

Are you really trying to say that it makes no difference the part where he refers to the Israeli/Palestinian situation right before the statements shown was edited out? And the parts where he answers other press questions before continuing his game? And then the clip is stuck in there with other reactions to 9/11?

There's nothing disingenuous about that?

You yourself say that his golf game was taking away from getting other nations onboard to stop terrorism. That's exactly what Moore wanted you to think when you watched that clip. Yet it was a comment on the Israeli/Palestinian situation just a few months ago. So right there you seem to admit that Moore duped you with that clip.

Originally posted by wvrevy
The rush of conservatives to make excuses for this president never fails to amaze me :rolleyes:

1 - If a plane crashed into the world trade center, it would indeed qualify as something the president should get involved with. That is a highly visible symbol of the US, and at the very least there was going to be a huge loss of life. If nothing else, he should have immediately been on the phone with Giuliani and Pataki offering his assistance.

2 - Given the fact that the building had been hit before, it wouldn't take a genius (nor a psychic) to stumble onto the thought of "Hey, I wonder if this was an accident" after the first plane hit. But instead of being in a position to start finding out what was going on, he chose to stay in front of the cameras.

Do you people honestly think that sitting in front of an elementary school classroom was the best place the president could have been in that time ? Would anybody have blamed him for simply saying that something had arisen that demanded his attention and excusing himself ?

One of the biggest problems I have with this president, his administration, and those that support it is the complete unwillingness to ever admit to a mistake, regardless of how serious. I don't think anyone is blaming him for the attacks, and I don't even know if there would have been anything he could have done to prevent the second or thirdhad he been in the absolute best position possible. I'm not trying to blame him for anything, really. But can we not at least agree that sitting there like a bump on a log after the initial attack wasn't exactly the most productive use of that time ?

as so many other people have already stated..what was he to do...there's no way the secret service would just rush him out of there without making sure their route was secure....I also agree with those who stated that his staff would have been securing info for him, and updating him in as timely a manner as possible...

I personally think he handled things properly, would you prefer a president who would panic ...??

Right. So you did think when you saw that clip that Bush was talking about al Qaeda after 9/11?

Originally posted by IamTink
I thought I made it very clear that I'm not any type of expert, as are none of us here. Thanks for the POTUS explanation. I don't know how old you (Eeyore1954) were when the garage explosion hit, if 1954 after Eeyore is your year of birth, then I'm surprised that it didn't occur to you. Having said that I also have to say that everyone is entitled to their own reaction, just so you don't get the idea I think everyone's circuitry works the same. I certainly do not expect everyone to think the same way I did that day. Why would I?

Elwood Blues wrote:
You've got that right.

Elwood Blues wrote:

Doesn't sound good enough for me.

And what good is it for you to speculate about what you guess Card said to the president? Bush shouldn't have been in the room. By the time Bush walked out to his car/helicopter, whatever he rode that day, he could have had an assessment. Critical time could have been saved. Maybe, just maybe the Pentagon wouldn't have been hit.

wbrevy, good cartoon.
:teeth:

I'm quite sure the president did have an assesment when he walked out of the school....
and if you do your research you will find that the President did give orders to shoot down any other hijacked airliners but for some reason the orders were never relayed to the fighter pilots that had scrambled, from what I read had they received the orders they could have prevented the pentagon from being hit...

I think you're being dishonest in your answer Kbeverina. ::yes::

You seem to be attempting to point out that w was not talking about terrorists in that clip and yet you agree that he was indeed talking about terrorists in that clip. :confused:

The fact of the matter remains, w was talking about terrorists.

Again, it wasn't just that he didn't want to leave the youngsters high and dry. He wanted to portray strength and calm to the rest of the nation. Please explain how that is "messing up badly".
Portraying Calm during what? What was the emergency that he was portraying a calm George W to the nation for? Why was he portraying calm if nothing happened yet?
Originally posted by beattyfamily
Even the Vice Chairman of the 9/11 Committee thought the President did the right thing by remaining calm and not running out of the classroom.
When he was told something in his ear in that classroom, it wasn't much info YET. Even I, watching it live, thought the first plane hit was an accident.
I can't believe all these Monday morning Quarterbacks.:rolleyes:
"Even I, watching it live, thought the first plane hit was an accident.". Just an accident, a loaded airliner flies into the WTC. More like a ***, a loaded airliner never in America has flown into a skyscraper, ever.
No, I never expected George W to jump onto his white stallion with his armor on and save us all. But, I think that remaining "calm", for whatever reason, reading Ferdinand the Bull stopping to smell the flowers, or whatever it was, when a loaded commercial airliner just flew into a skyscraper was not a wise decision.
As I stated before:
7 minutes? What happened the next 7 minutes? Or the next 70 for that matter. Not a whole lot, just a lot of aimless flying around incommunicado except for using someone's cell phone.
But, I feel he would have showed more strength by calmly dismissing himself and attending to more important matters, than reading Millions of Cats, or whatever it was. Even if the more important matters were thought to be "Just an Accident".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter