• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A celebration trip and need advice please

NannyBeBe

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are going to DLR this summer to celebrate my victory over breast cancer and also because my youngest grandchildren will be starting school and I will be finished with 10 years of babysitting.

Our room and flights are set, but I cannot decide which service to use from the airport to our hotel. We are flying into LAX. There seems to be negative reviews on all of them and I did have a bad experience with one many years back.

I would appreciate knowing which service all of you think is best. Thank you so much.

We fly into SNA so I don't have any experiences from LAX but congratulations on your Victory over cancer!

I used SuperShuttle Shared Van service to get from LAX to the DLR area back in early December. It was about $17 per person. It took about 90 minutes to get from LAX to DLR, about half of which was spent inside LAX picking up other passengers. I was the first one picked up, so I had my choice of seats, but it also meant it was a long ride. Overall, it wasn't the fastest option, but it was acceptable for the price. Although with 3, you might consider looking into a private shuttle which would be faster.

You might check out this thread, which was also asking about transportation options.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/super-shuttle-vs-karmel-private-taxi-dme.3383735/#post-53140756

First, congratulations. Off topic a bit, but treat your selves to the Chef's Counter at the Napa Rose. It is an amazing dining experience. We use the ExecuCar express (super shuttles dedicated ride with no meet and greet), you meet them in the shuttle lane, but we've only done it at Santa Ana (SNA), not LAX with great results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter