A British Invasion...sort of!

kayleighnik

Mouseketeer
Hi guys!

Please bear with me...this is my first time attempting a PTR, or even a TR, so hopefully I'll manage to keep you interested! *fingers crossed*

We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - free dining :cheer2: - for two weeks between August 22nd and September 5th. The two occassions that I've been before, we've stayed at POFQ - which I love to pieces - but we're taking advantage of the free dining this year and giving AKL a shot! From what I've seen, it looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to get there! Time isn't going quick enough! :sad2: In the past, my Mom has organised the trip and sorted everything out, but she isn't going this year as she's having an operation and won't be able to travel, so its all been left up to me! :woohoo:

Anyway...time for the introductions of the British cast members, I think! :yay:

ME: Kayleigh :tinker:

I'm 20 years old...though I'll be 21 and legal in time for our trip to the World! :banana: I'm currently a law student...though, to be perfectly honest, I think I spend more time thinking about Disneyworld and planning our trip than I do about my uni work! Shhh! :rolleyes1 I :lovestruc Disney, and this is my third trip to the World. My favourite place to be is Epcot, Japan specifically. I could spend hours there, especially at the pick-a-pearl area. Its been two years since my last trip, so I can't wait to be back! In the meantime though, I've got a lot of money to save up and some weight to lose (oh, and uni work, I guess) so I've got plenty to keep me busy...unfortunately
My favourite Disney characters, are Tinkerbell , Stitch and Aurora, though DBF says I'm a lot like Lilo
182641.jpg

DBF: Gary :wizard:

He's 22 and also a student, though he's on a computer 3D animation and modelling course :surfweb: ..loses me completely :confused: He's NEVER been to DisneyWorld before, and isn't particuarly that...enthusiastic...about Disney in general but happily 'subjects himself' :eek: to it to do 'whatever makes you happy my love' lovestruc We haven't been together that long - four months - but we already know we want to spend our future together :hug: He's my best friend and I can't wait to be in the Happiest Place On Earth with him :cloud9: He has a great sense of humour and can be very childish - in a good way - when he wants to be. I have a feeling *fingers crossed* that he'll love the World just as much as I do..even if he refuses to admit it ;) He does love Sword in the Stone though!

DB: Liam pirate:

AKA 'pest'. He's my thirteen year old brother...my one and only sibling :worship: What else is there to say :confused3 On a serious note, he's brilliant..most of the time. He's been there for me in hard times, despite how young he was at the time, and is a brilliant brother. I couldn't - and wouldn't - ask for more. Sure, we fall out at times...as you'll probably find out...but its never more like a little petty arguing :hug: I know he's looking forward to going back to the World...but he's doing the 'I'm too cool for Disney' :cool2: thing, at the moment. He's addicted to his Xbox 360, but also loves things like swords (obviously not real), pirates and knights and so on..

DN: Fran :laundy:

My Nan...the recycled teenager. She's given us some :scared1: in the past two trips! She goes on all the rides she's not supposed to, given she's had a heart attack before! She's almost 66 and goes on things like Rock N Rollercoast, Duelling Dragons..though, she did draw the line at Tower of Terror - thank goodness! She loves going on the boat from POFQ to DD...I really do think she would move across to Florida and work on them at Disney, if she could! I'm close to my Nan, and love her dearly..though she does have her 'senior moments' where sometimes its best to leave her be for a while! One time, at Epcot, she stormed off - no idea why :confused3 - and we later found her merrily trotting around Mexico!

So thats us...the British Invasion!

I'll update soon, with our ADR plans! popcorn::

Kayleigh

As we're on the dining plan, we've got to decide which TS restaurants we'd like to eat at...so far we have:

- Raglan Road
- Sci Fi Dine In T.
- Whispering Canyon
- Yak and Yeti
- Teppan Edo
- Boma
- Kona
- O'hana
- Nine Dragons
- Coral Reef

Any suggestions anyone?

:confused3 Oh well...I'll keep going anyway :) If anyone would like to join me...please feel free to do so! Would be nice to have a bit of company :upsidedow

DBF and I are stressing slightly, as we both have to save £1800 each for our booking, and then another £400 on top of that, plus spending money...so, I think we're looking in the region of approximately £2600-£2800 each. We've got some saved up at the moment, and we can both manage it...but we might have to both get jobs during the summer. We were planning on getting some work experience in our relevant fields, but I think it'll now have to be a part time job to earn some much needed Disney money! :confused:

I'll upload pictures of my planning book soon...when I go back home (in halls of residence currently) to get my digital camera!

I tried to log in to Virgin Atlantic earlier to pre-book our seats, but it wouldn't let me, saying that the scheduled flight times had been altered and I need to contact my tour operator...so now I have to wait until tomorrow, and try and fit it in around my lectures. But, I looked at the schedule on the website for the day we fly, and its the same as we have down on our booking info, so I'm not totally sure whats going on! :confused3

Right, well, I have work to do now, so I best end it here for the moment. Hopefully somone will join me soon!

ello fellow british lady

looking forward to planning your trip with you. i go in under 2 months now so im feeling your excitement :D

ello fellow british lady

looking forward to planning your trip with you. i go in under 2 months now so im feeling your excitement :D

Hi! :worship: Where are you going to be staying? You must be reaaaaally excited! I am and I've still got five months to go :( Nice to have you on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter