• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Brief(?) Look at 2011 Disney World Crowds, Cost, Weather, Special Events, etc.

I don't add the "day by day analysis" until after the official Park operating hours come out. August's will probably be available around Monday January 17th and it takes me a few days to go over everything and compare it with the crowd numbers from previous years and figure out the pattern of "why" specific days are more crowded than others and then use that information to apply it to 2011. The "best and worst Parks" are also dependent on the Fantasmic/Main Street Electrical Parade schedule and Extra Magic Hours etc.

From a raw numbers standpoint (how many total people visit any Disney Park), "Jersey Week" isn't as bad as it's commonly made out to be. The problem this year is that it also coincides with Veteran's Day on the 11th. Ultimately, you're looking at something like:

Friday November 4th: Crowd Level of 2
Saturday November 5th: Crowd Level of 3
Sunday November 6th: Crowd Level of 3
Monday November 7th: Crowd Level of 3
Tuesday November 8th: Crowd Level of 3
Wednesday November 9th: Crowd Level of 5
Thursday November 10th: Crowd Level of 6
Friday November 11th: Crowd Level of 6
Saturday November 11th: Crowd Level of 7
Sunday November 12: Crowd Level of 5
Monday November 13th: Crowd Level of 3
Tuesday November 14th: Crowd Level of 2

You can get away with the 11th and 12th if you visit Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom, but Epcot and Magic Kingdom will be crowded (especially Epcot on Friday and Magic Kingdom on Saturday).

Without Veteran's Day, Jersey Week would only increase crowds to maybe a "3" or "4." In 2010, they barely made a dent.

Thank you for this incredible information. My kids want to go Christmas week in 2011 but I'm still not sure I can handle the crowds. Your detailed information will definitely help me in making my decision.

Thanks again. :thumbsup2 ;) :santa:

Great post, thank you so much for sharing with us all ! the info definately helps.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Haven't planned a trip in about 4 years...felt like I'd lost my mojo a bit. Your info has helped me find it again! Just the little jump start I needed.

Great info!!

Josh,
We are going in Jan 2011. I had heard that they Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground was going to be closed then. It is not mentioned in your list. Is that not happening now?

Thanks for the info, we normally don't make a park until late afternoon on Sat, Nov 12th (was orig planning on Epcot), so maybe we will just head over to downtown disney instead. Thanks for all your great information

:thumbsup2 Great info.!!!!!!! We are going in late Nov. into Dec.!:santa: This will be our 1st trip during this time! We usually go in April and always have HOT weather, sometimes too hot!:goodvibes

Thanks for all the info.!!!!!:thumbsup2

WOW! Thanks for taking the time to do this. You are one devoted Disney fan!

Great Info, thanks for your efforts, we're going Dec 16 for 7 nights and are wondering how the crowds typically compare to our normal visits which are usually the 3rd or 4th week of June...thanks

This is great! I'm glad to see Main St Electrical parade is still listed for my trip.:thumbsup2

This is a great post! Thanks for putting all of this information in one place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter