A bit of Sunday Silliness--What did you Want to be When You Grew up?

Mom was always first.

When I was really young (elem), I wanted to be a vet or pediatrician. Later in HS, I wanted to be a teacher. I ended up being working in insurance for several years and finally became a teacher.

One day, when I grow up some more, I want to be a counselor or school psychologist.

I'm pretty sure unless you are a child of an insurance owner, most people do not dream of working in insurance when they are young. :rotfl: Definitely not my dream and it pushed me to do what I really wanted to do.

I wanted to be a whale trainer at Sea World when I was three, that turned into wanting to be a marine biologist in middle school but since I hate deep water that was out.

I wanted to be a few things:

A veterinarian - too sensitive to putting animals to sleep
A teacher - too shy to stand up in front of a classroom
A flight attendant - afraid of flying
A model - too ugly, lol

Oh well my other dream was being a writer. I am not published but at least that one is within the realm of possible for me. I think. But I won't quit my day job.

When I was really little, I wanted to be a cashier at the grocery store. :teeth:

On a side note, when I was little I always loved the smell of the bank. Something about the old building smell mixed with the smell of money. To this day I love when I walk into an older bank, they all have the same glorious smell. Newer banks however do nothing for me.

FBI Agent. Most likely inspired by the FBI TV show starring Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.

Funny, I grew up with Kennedy in the White House, and Kennedy was a bad word in my neighborhood. Can't tell you how many times I heard "how the son of a bootlegger ever got elected President..."
Throw in that my dad was in the Army and on a trooper carrier that sunk...with fatalities...there were some heros on the troop carrier, and he was bitter because he and his buddies had to fight to get their VA benefits, yet, everyone involved with PT 109 was a national hero.

So President was never on my list.

I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher while I was in elementary school. I stopped in Junior High because I started to realize it was not an easy job.

I dreamed being a jouranlist or a lawyer throughout junior and senior high school. I also wanted to be a translator in senior year.

I ended up being a financial analyst.

Early childhood, I just wanted to be a mom.

In Jr. High I decided I wanted to be an attorney. Halfway through my first semester in college, I decided that wasn't going to happen. I then decided that I would be an accountant instead. I am now a CPA.

When in Kindergarten, I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I answered with "cash register"

When I was little, I wanted to be President, a hair dresser, or a mom.

My first job out of college was in marketing. Then I stayed home with my kids for 13 years. Now I teach preschool.

I never wanted to be anything but an author! I wrote my first book when I was five.

My kids? All they want to be is princesses. They are really good at princessing, so far.

Well don't keep us guessing! Which did it turn out to be? :)

Unfortunately genetics kept me from looking good in either uniform so I ended up being neither :rotfl:

I'm still working on what I want to be ;)

Apparently, when my kindergarten teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said, "Sexy!"

:headache:

Which might explain why my grand plan until I was 8 was to be either a Solid Gold Dancer or a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.

I have no other excuse than it was the 70's.

From very early on, I wanted to be an Archaeologist or a Paleoanthropologist. I used to play teacher so that interested me also.

The other job I thought of, and for the life of me I can't understand why I would want this, was to be a maid at a motel/hotel. I really don't like touching other people's dirty things so I have no idea why this appealed to me. The only thing I could think of is that I'd be working by myself, moving around.:confused3

I wanted to be an astronomer. I had space pictures all over my bedroom walls, and people would buy me astronomy books for birthdays, etc. I still love reading about Mars rovers, earth-like planets, and whether anyone will ever figure out a work-around for faster-than-light travel. I blame Star Trek for everything :)

When I was really little, I wanted to be a cashier at the grocery store. :teeth:

My brother, then-5, announced at the dinner table that he wanted to own a bait shop in the Outer Banks when he grew up. :rotfl: I thought my dad was gonna have a stroke!

Fast forward about 45 years--DBro lives in the Outer Banks and he's a master boat mechanic, works those fancy ocean-going yachts. He lives on the Sound and drives his boat to work. Never owned a bait shop, but he's making money hand over fist *even in this economy!*

When I was really little, I was told I could grow up to be anything.

I wanted to be a horse.

In grade school: either a professional dancer or an architech. Where I got those ideas is anyone's guess.
By the time I graduated from HS, I thought I wanted to be a nurse.
I made in 2 months into the first semester and quit.
None of those dreams came to be.

But no regrets;);)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter