A big blessing came my way!

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
:cool1: I'm dancin'! I'm dancin'!!! :cool1:

I received such a big blessing in my PO box this morning. I'm a teacher and as many of you know, some of the first things they cut for school budgets are after school activities. We used to have newspaper and speech programs, but they were cut about 5 years ago. I've been volunteering my time after school for 3 years for kiddos wanting to put together a school newspaper. I love doing it and it isn't really work...just hanging out, talking, and answering questions. It's a highlight of my year to be able to "hang out" with those kiddos. Anyway, I received a stipend check and a thank you from my principal this morning. To say the least, I was shocked an overwhelmed! The head secretary said they "worked it out" for me. I was expecting nothing because I just volunteer. It's so unlikely to get any extra money for helping out in school with other duties, that as a teacher, you just get used to volunteering because if it needs to be done, someone has to do it. Our principal is awesome and always goes out of his way for staff and students. I can't beleive I was at the receiving end this time. This will cover souviniers and a meal or two on our trip that is now completely paid for by "extra" jobs DH and I do.

Wow...I'm still on cloud :cloud9: !!!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Congrats!!! My daugher loves the newspaper in middle school. We parents really appreciate all the time you teachers donate!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations! thats so exciting! We need more teachers like you! have a great trip and keep up the great work! :cheer2:

Congratulations and thank you. It is always special for the children to have someone that they KNOW CARES. In this day and age the children need the support. I am glad that your prinicpal took notice. :sunny:

:sunny: Teachers make such a difference in kids lifes and often never really know how much they meant to the kids. It's good to see a nice surprise happen to someone who deserves it!
pixiedust:

Yeah for you! As a fellow newspaper advisor hit by budget cuts it's great to hear that you got a note in your PO box that didn't have a complaint from a parent about a grammatical mistake in the paper. :rolleyes:

Be sure to get a little somehting for your classroom, so next year when the workload gets too big you can take a mini-break to Disney. I brought home a "Teacher Minnie" trading pin and use it like a push pin on my desk side bulletin board so I can always be reminded of our trip.

Have a wonderful time! Hurrah for good principals and hard working teachers!

I am a newspaper advisor for a middle school, and though I still get a stipend, I could see myself volunteering if the funding was cut. I love doing it too much! I'm happy for you, because my school has been cutting things left and right and I know that you just experienced a miracle! Enjoy the extra money when you go to Disney. Like my husband just told me this week, (my last day for the year was two days ago and we leave for Disney in less than one week) after all you deal with as a teacher, you deserve a vacation to Disney. I think you do too, for volunteering of yourself and being so selfless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter