A 5th Pirates Movie! Can you believe it.

Psh, of course I can believe it. These movies make a lot of money. Disney is a business, ergo, they like to make money. :)

I believe it. As long as people keep watching/purchasing merchandise, these films will keep going.

I absolutely believe it. The end of the 4th left it very open for another sequel, I've heard people say the 4th was Disney trying to start up a second Pirates trilogy. If the characters and story keep making money, Disney will milk it for all it's worth.

Not surprising at all. To date, the 4th movie has brought in over a billion dollars worldwide. So even if people didn't care for the most recent film, it is still very successful. While I think it's fine at 4 films, Disney recognizes a cash cow when they see one... and I'll still go see any other films they make. As long as Johnny is in it, of course. And he's already said many times he'll continue to be in them as long as they continue to make them.

I believe it a billion dollars' worth. Making Pirates 5 is a no-brainer.

Sure hope so, DW and I enjoy these. And hopefully Cruz is in it so we can keep the Angelica M&G alive. :thumbsup2

Not only do they make alot of money in the theaters but in the stores on the toys and t-shirts. They have done a great job marketing them to both kids and adults.

It was announced a while back that a 5th and 6th movie would be made. The script for the 5th has already been turned in to Disney.

I hope we see more of the missionary turned pirate character - he was really interesting!

I think they are a great treat. Reminds me of the old Bob Hope "road" movies, or Andy Hardy. You know the characters, and are excited to see old friends back for another adventure.

I would REALLY like to see Will and Elizabeth back but I don't think Keira Knightly will ever return to the franchise and replacing her with another actress just wouldn't be the same. Part of the beauty of POTC is that its always kept the same actors/actresses which lets you get to "know" them better as characters.

I thought I had read somewhere that Depp had signed on for 3 more movies (at that time, 4 was in the works), so there should be 2 more..... :)

I read an article around the beginning of the year which said Disney had signed a contract with the writers of the POTC films for an additional two movies. This would bring the total count of films up to 6. Now the fact that they have paid the writers to write the script for two more films doesn't mean they have to use them. If Disney decides the profit margin for, let's say, POTC 4 wasn't strong enough, they can scrap the remaining two films. I think Disney decides in advance how much profit a film should make for them to consider it successful. They took this approach with the Narnia films and after the second one, decided it wasn't profitable enough. They sold all rights to the remaining stories to Fox. I don't think they'll do this with the pirates series though. I fully expect to see Captain Jack dancing around the screen sometime in 2013. JMHO

Just saw the movie July 4th. Really enjoyed it. In fact, I think it is the best one yet! Loved the Hawaii scenes. Reminds me of the beach on the Kaualau Trail. Great Job to all!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Money talks! :goodvibes

I did read somewhere they were going to try to do something similar to the James Bond series with Captain Jack. So maybe they will try to make all future movies independent of one another so that if a viewer didn't see a previous movie, they would still enjoy it?

(speculation on my part as to the analogy...I really did read the James Bond thing though!)

Movie 4 wasn't too bad, and it made a BOATLOAD of money, I'm not surprised --- I just hope they keep making at least *decent* movies... and possibly develop the future side characters a little better than they did the missionary and mermaid. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter