A 5th Disney World Theme Park?!

Nothing has been really even rumored all that strongly.

A fifth park in Florida would likely be 10 to 15 years away at the soonest.. Of course.. that's a guess.

I'll move this over to the Rumors & News Board.. someone there might have some info to pass along..

The last report said nothing new on the horizon for now.

But they were going to fosuc on the Parks that are htere now and build and rehab them.

I think they could do another park and even another Waterpark as well.

With the wait times of rides increasing and no more real extended slow times , it's only a matter of time when repeat customers stop to visit.

They won't be building another park, they can barely keep quality workers (paid barely above minimum wage) for the current parks/resorts

They won't be building another park, they can barely keep quality workers (paid barely above minimum wage) for the current parks/resorts

Brother, you said a mouthful! Good answer.........

...or Texas!!!

But seriously. There are no known plans or ideas for a 5th park in the public domain that I've seen. However, I have to agree that it's probably 10 to 15 years away. I would hope that in the meantime, they beef up AK, MGM and Epcot before adding another park, there's lots that can be done with those.

With the Western Way expansion, plus the new DVCs at AK, and supposedly at CR, plus the Four Seasons coming in, there's likely to be about 10,000 more people on property on a daily basis in 10 years. So, they better be looking at something to handle the additional crowds.

Listen to Lou Mongello's podcast for January 6, 2008... He states a RUMOR, and a wild one at that, where a 5th park would be built, but only open from 4:00 PM to Midnight, and be a thrill park... Ok, makes some sense except for this part.... Cost to enter the park?? $300.00 and that includes food and beverage... HUH!!!!????? :eek: That little tidbit makes this pretty far fetched I think....

Listen to Lou Mongello's podcast for January 6, 2008... He states a RUMOR, and a wild one at that, where a 5th park would be built, but only open from 4:00 PM to Midnight, and be a thrill park... Ok, makes some sense except for this part.... Cost to enter the park?? $300.00 and that includes food and beverage... HUH!!!!????? :eek: That little tidbit makes this pretty far fetched I think....

Sounds like an ENHANCED Disney Quest, for adults only, perhaps.

Odd sounding rumor.

Actually, hasn't it been suggested (rumor or speculation or presumed) that Disney has looked at some manner of "Discovery Cove" type experience(s), which would indeed have a hefty admission fee for a limited number of daily guests. So that part of this little rumor (I haven't heard the Podcast - where did he suggest something could be built, anyway?) may not be as far fetched as it seems.

While a "thrill park" has been similarly rumored from time to time, I'm not so sure such a 'park' would make (economic) sense as a 4 to midnight only experience - that's the part that seems more far fetched to me. I'd really prefer it if Disney just left the thrill freak demographic to Universal anyway, and instead went back to creating the imaginative experiences for the whole family (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.) that Disney was once known for.

Any talk of a "5th" park - even a limited or 'exclusive' experience - is all just speculation at this point regardless.

That rumor sounds a lot like the Discovery Cove experience at Sea World.

My nieces are Disney stock holders and they receive quarterly information about goings on at the theme parks. My sister said recently they received information regarding them building a pirate themed island onto the Magic Kingdom. It is supposed to be based on the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I am going to assume this will be somewhere over by the Pirates of the Carribean ride or the entrance to the new land will be there. My sister told me this about six months ago because it came with the stock updates.

I am all for another park!!! Gotta love Disney.

My nieces are Disney stock holders and they receive quarterly information about goings on at the theme parks. My sister said recently they received information regarding them building a pirate themed island onto the Magic Kingdom. It is supposed to be based on the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I am going to assume this will be somewhere over by the Pirates of the Carribean ride or the entrance to the new land will be there. My sister told me this about six months ago because it came with the stock updates.

I am all for another park!!! Gotta love Disney.

Are you sure that wasn't about Disneyland? They turned Tom Sawyer's island into a pirate themed area. I have not heard anything recently about this at MK (and i have a lot of sources)

I think if they keep building hotels and adding DVC's and Four Season's etc. they will need more parks to put all of the extra people. If not I am afraid everyday will be unbearable in the existing parks.

what they need to focus on now is updating the great movie ride so people will want to ride again lol and beef up AK cuz they really only have everest, dinosaur and its tough to be a bug. I would love to see a Lion King ride in Africa or even something to do with Mulan in Asia they have the space now its time to use it.

what they need to focus on now is updating the great movie ride so people will want to ride again lol and beef up AK cuz they really only have everest, dinosaur and its tough to be a bug. I would love to see a Lion King ride in Africa or even something to do with Mulan in Asia they have the space now its time to use it.
Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin, Wildlife Express Train to Conservation Station, Finding Nemo - The Musical, Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Maharajah Jungle Trek, and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail (to name just some of the other attractions, shows, and animal habitats) all don't count?

As far as adding Mulan to Asia is concerned, it's Disney's Animal Kingdom, not Disney's Character Kingdom. Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom is about going to an outpost village in Africa, from which safaris depart into a nature preserve. It's brilliantly executed. That last thing it needs is a Disney character ride.

Yes, I'd like to see enhancements to Disney's Animal Kingdom. But the focus should be on animals, including more animal habitats with the quality of Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

Australia, South America, and North America could all be added, with each featuring one or more attractions, animal habitat trails, shops, and restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter